Post subject: Re: WIW 22 Killiney Road
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:03 pm 
Neo Landlord

sharper1971 wrote:
alex_a wrote:
Well I, for one, found Alec's comment very amusing..........

+1

Personally neither for nor against either Killiney or Knocklyon, but in light of the, err, "debate" (a euphemisim if ever there was one) on the merits of each elsewhere in these forums, I appreciated that gently humorous remark. Never mind the widening of the Firhouse Road - is there a Knocklyon SOH Bypass?

+1 - thanks Alec - first smile of the day for me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

Think you need to take into consideration that 2 out of 3 bedrooms are located downstairs so that would put alot of families off the house(also a factor if you ever sell in the future), its not an ideal layout in that respect. Also wondering how long the garden is, its not mentioned so assume its not massive. I think you have to look at the the houses closeby to work out what its worth, if you take avondale road, you would probably get one in need of work for about €400k and if you put €100-150k into it you would have a fine big modernised house, over 2000sq ft, so I think no.22 is vastly overpriced, but that tends to be sherryfitz style, they always over price properties, pre & post boom, I would take 10% off asking and then 20% of that to allow for the drop this year, that would leave you at close to €520k, but I suppose some buyers will pay a premium for turnkey properties!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 pm 
Property Magnate

Husband just drove past this and said loads of people going in & out. Jaysis - people must have nothing better to do with their time considering its asking over 700k!!!

Thinking that because nothing new has come up in the general area for several months and lots of sales agreed, everyone getting a bit desperate and starting to consider thing that they might not have last year. I know I am :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 pm 
Neo Landlord

Went to see it today on open viewing - people flocking in but hard to guage how many of those had a real interest. Its beautifully decorated IMO but definitely small. There was a really tight feeling overall to the layout - not at all suitable for a family - more suitable for a couple or single person. And with steep stairs to the main bedroom I wonder if an older retired couple would be comfortable in it longterm.

Still of interest to me so will be watching developments!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 pm 
Speculator

Viewed this house. Great gaff. Just not really a family home - unless you have or plan to have an only child. Great house for a couple whose kids are grown though. Very pricey too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
Neo Landlord

Current offer on this is 650K - could end up close to asking.

Disappointing for me, :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm 
Property Magnate

650k wow they should close this imho ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:57 pm 
Property Magnate

God - shocked it got an offer that high. But it's in keeping with what I'm seeing in the general area recently - ok the prices aren't 2006 but the buyer behaviour is. Packed viewings, quick offers, numerous bidders of anything half decent. And EA/Vendor arrogance appears to be back again - though not sure it ever went away. Is it the bottom for Dalkey/Glenageary/Killiney/Sandycove or a dead cat bounce??

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Sale agreed

Anybody know for how much?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:53 pm 
Property Magnate

Now Sold

Post subject: Re: WIW 22 Killiney Road, Killiney, Co. Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm 
Neo Landlord

Sold €630,000 - you can see above that I was told by Sherry Fitz was an offer of €650,000 and dropped out of the bidding on that basis.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:31 pm 
Homeless

Don't post here but am avid follower. Sherry Fitz were agents for a house I bid on, bid rejected, house sold a bit later, without hearing back from sherry Fitz. Called to find out why, and was told client instructed them not to revert to me. Only thing I could come up with at the time was that my bid was v cheeky and way off the actual price achieved.

Just read today the sale price of the house was my opening bid.......bloody morons. Same area as you so same eejits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:36 pm 
Real Estate Developer

intransit wrote:
Don't post here but am avid follower. Sherry Fitz were agents for a house I bid on, bid rejected, house sold a bit later, without hearing back from sherry Fitz. Called to find out why, and was told client instructed them not to revert to me. Only thing I could come up with at the time was that my bid was v cheeky and way off the actual price achieved.

Just read today the sale price of the house was my opening bid.......bloody morons. Same area as you so same eejits.

So the lesson for sellers and buyers is not to use Sherry lying fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Property Magnate

I see this house across the road is sale agreed after only a short while on the market - I thought it was over-priced for a 3 bed on a main road. Not as nicely finished as the other one though looks bigger. East facing garden too but looks a good size.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/31-killiney-road-killiney-co-dublin/2184991

The argument on whether prices have risen in certain areas can go on but houses definitely are not sitting around as long as they were 1 - 2 years ago.