We are not sure what to compare to:
Much bigger house, but Cabinteely - looks too faraway to me in terms of accessibility by public transport and schoolshttp://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 18/1882770
The next one had an offer of 425K, but required a lot of work to be done http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... re/1414618
Next had an offer of 475K, requires upgrade as well. And I am not sure about the location: very close to N11,
may not be very safe to send a kid alone to schoolhttp://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... in/1780335
Not sure what the story is with this one, kind of sale agreed http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 14/1765421
But what i am concern about - is luas just behind the wall.
This one almost of the same asking price, but i am not fancying the locationhttp://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 18/1838138
This one was agreed very close to asking price according to the agenthttp://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 18/1802495
I am not sure why this one is still on the market if above is sale agreedhttp://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 18/1780490
If something suitable appears on the market below or around 400K, it is gone in a few days usually.
The houses closer to 500K are sitting longer, but most of them disappearing eventually
I believe that if asking price for 111 heath was around 420-430K - then it would disappear in couple of weeks max.
Or you think even 420-430 is very high for 111 heath?
Just some insights to describe our situation and driving factors behind intention to buy now:
We do have a kid (6 years old) and twins are expected in September.
As the result my wife will be on maternity leave soon and probably parental leave after that.
God knows what is going to happen during that period and then. Childcare is quite expensive and we would need to give significant amount of her salary for it.
But right now - we can apply for a decent mortgage and we do have saving as well. We do not need full mortgage amount available to us to buy. But what I am afraid of - we will not be able to take join-mortgage after September, but single mortgage will not be good enough for SCD.
We waited as long as we could in terms of buying, but now I think it is safer for us to buy now rather to postpone it.
So I would rather to take shot now (and probably overpay) rather to take a risk of not being able to buy in the future.