Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: WIW - 63 Dartmouth Square South
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm 
Neo Landlord

26 seems to have gone sale agreed in less than a month

for a property at this price range this is very quick - if I was the vendor I would be nervous letting it go so quickly

it was in very good shape - although compared with 58 and others on the square - it had little in the way of original features - eg no fireplaces, floor boards etc - even the back wall of the dining room was removed and replaced with a small annex room / atrium - which looked strange and not in keeping with the house

58 from what I so of it needed an awful lot of work throughout and the garden - I would say its more than a 500k job - maybe 500k before vat and architects fee but if the purchasers aren't too adventurous with planners they could get it done in 14 months and have it exactly the way they want it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:14 am 
Private Tenant

I understand that No. 58 is now asking for sealed final bids from interested parties - currently at €1.45m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:52 pm 
Neo Landlord

Meath101 wrote:
I understand that No. 58 is now asking for sealed final bids from interested parties - currently at €1.45m

tough on those involved - open bidding is way more transparent

I would guess 1,48 but who knows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:12 pm 
Neo Landlord

I don't know why more don't do sealed bids. From a sellers point of view it is a win win as people invariably bid to their max and beyond. I know people who were buying twice at sealed bids and it went for mile more in both cases than the last highest bid ad this was at what they presumed was the end of the bidding process. Also a seller friend did the same and increased by another 15% beyond what the person next to them was bidding
it is the pits for the buyer and not sure I would buy a house that way but always prove difficult to walk away once you are invested as they never start out with sealed bids

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

It the way most houses get sold in Scotland.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:13 pm 
Too Big to Fail

I always liked the idea of an open Dutch auction.

Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
Book I, Chapter X, Part II,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:25 pm 
Private Tenant

No. 58 now gone sale agreed - don't know the final price but i am guessing somewhere close to €1.5m as the last open bid was 1.45m before sealed final bid stage.

This sort of validates the price paid for No. 63 (€1.92m) if you add in the refurb costs.

It is a very nice location and it seems plenty of people have the funds to chase these properties at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 pm 
Neo Landlord

Meath101 wrote:
No. 58 now gone sale agreed - don't know the final price but i am guessing somewhere close to €1.5m as the last open bid was 1.45m before sealed final bid stage.

This sort of validates the price paid for No. 63 (€1.92m) if you add in the refurb costs.

It is a very nice location and it seems plenty of people have the funds to chase these properties at the moment.

decent uplift on the 1,3 asking price

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:15 pm 
Private Tenant

43 Dartmouth Square now on sale through SF:

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/62027

€1.6m - east side of square - has a separate apartment on the bottom which means a renovation job if you want the full family home.

No. 63 (South) sold at €1.92 - fully renovated (this summer)

No. 58 (South) over €1.45 (the last bid before final offers was €1.45m) - needs full refurb (this Autumn)

No. 26 (North) went for a bit over asking i understand (€1.65m) - fully renovated (this Autumn)

I guess the price will really depends on how much you estimate you need to spend to convert the bottom floor and add an annex with a fourth bedroom - could be pricey - likley over €1.5m but under €1.6m.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:18 pm 
Neo Landlord

hard to see this being worth more than no 58

not much difference between a half refurb and full refurb

also no rear access and east facing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:18 pm 
Private Tenant

Heard indirectly from an underbidder that the final price for 58 Dartmouth Square was over €1.6m - not sure if that is accurate as the last open bid was €1.45m - seems a big jump up to €1.6m.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:24 pm 
Neo Landlord

Meath101 wrote:
Heard indirectly from an underbidder that the final price for 58 Dartmouth Square was over €1.6m - not sure if that is accurate as the last open bid was €1.45m - seems a big jump up to €1.6m.

wow - sealed bids seems to have worked if that is the price

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:38 pm 
Private Tenant

can verify that for sure until it arrives on the PPR but yes if so it is a big price when you add in the potential refurb cost.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 pm 
Neo Landlord

hit the ppr 1,617,000 - some price

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:59 pm 
Private Tenant

agreed - must have been a cash buyer if it closed that quickly - from sale agreed to ppr in under a month!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next