Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post subject: Re: For sale: Britain's biggest buy-to-let empire
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 pm 
Neo Landlord

mr_anderson wrote:
Eschatologist wrote:
GameBlame wrote:
When it's fresh it makes you hungry, other times It just smells like.....poo.

OK, but Mexican food smells like sick even when it's fresh.

Are Mexicans in the pogrom?

You'll be happy to know I rented a place out to an Indian today.

As an aside to this- I have had dealings in the past with a landlord who mentions a very diverse tenant history who won't let his properties to middle class, single Asian or South American professionals in their 20s/30s (property is in commuting distance of Vincent's,UCD etc.).

He's a well travelled, urbane gent with otherwise very liberal views who will rent to social welfare, single parents and anyone regardless of race- his argument is that in his experience the cohort above have been bad tenants and leave the place in a state- he reckons it's because they are highly likely to have grown up in a house with domestic staff and believe cleaning is beneath them and are too tight to pay Irish cleaners rates...

Post subject: Re: For sale: Britain's biggest buy-to-let empire
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 am 
Under CAB Investigation

We had Indian neighbours across the corridor in an apartment building once. They were extremely pleasant and never caused disruption.

However the smell of their cooking in the communal areas was extremely strong and, to my nose, unpleasant. I can't imagine what it was like inside because I know the doors were of pretty good quality.

Several south Asians have said to me over the years that western cuisine is tasteless to their palette and that they add what we could consider huge amounts of spices to their food to make it taste normal.