Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK House price to soar by 16% Daily Express 30/05/11
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:17 pm 
Too Big to Fail

dolanbaker wrote:
The landed elite would squash any government minister who even contemplated to do that!

Well flogging off property to foreigners mightn't be as easy in rebel roused Brexit but even so can they defy demographics?

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:50 pm 
Too Big to Fail

catbear wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
The landed elite would squash any government minister who even contemplated to do that!

Well flogging off property to foreigners mightn't be as easy in rebel roused Brexit but even so can they defy demographics?

I'll have to be honest, I don't understand the charts, but what are they saying?
My comment was simply that no government would do anything to stop individuals from acquiring multiple properties, even if that pushes their price above what the typical homebuyer could ever afford.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:14 pm 
Property Magnate

dolanbaker wrote:
I don't understand the charts, but what are they saying?

They seem to be making the point that house prices are correlated with the dependency ratio. It might be true but they are more than a little misleading, as all the vertical axes have been adjusted to make it look more obvious.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
Meanwhile, in 2016 net migration to the UK drop by 84,000 compared to 2015.

In 2016 40,000 more EU citizens emigrated from the UK and 43,000 fewer immigrated to the UK, compared to 2015.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/uk-eco ... s-leaving/

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
This month, the headline price growth gauge slipped from +7% to +1%, signalling prices were broadly flat over the period and representing the softest reading since early 2013. Nevertheless, the national figure conceals diverging trends across parts of the UK. Indeed, house prices remain quite firmly on an upward trend in some areas, led by Northern Ireland, the West Midlands and the South West.
By way of contrast, the net balance reading for central London remains negative with the pace of decline broadly matching that of the previous three months. Moreover, chartered surveyors are starting to report early signs of this flatter trend permeating outside the capital, as the price balance for the South East of England fell into negative territory, posting the weakest reading for this part of the country since 2011.

http://www.rics.org/uk/news/news-insigh ... faltering/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

tinneym wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
I don't understand the charts, but what are they saying?

They seem to be making the point that house prices are correlated with the dependency ratio. It might be true but they are more than a little misleading, as all the vertical axes have been adjusted to make it look more obvious.

Plus they're wrong. The Ireland graph is 5 years out of date

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:09 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Sick and tired of daily worrying about house prices?
Then worry about something else instead!
Why not worry about ... World War Three?? :shock:

http://www.express.co.uk/latest/world-war-3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm 
Neo Landlord

surprised no one ever takes notice of the northern ireland property market , specifically belfast , prices are absurdly cheap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 pm 
Too Big to Fail

irish_bob wrote:
surprised no one ever takes notice of the northern ireland property market , specifically belfast , prices are absurdly cheap

They're cheap for a reason!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:34 am 
Neo Landlord

dolanbaker wrote:
irish_bob wrote:

what reason might that be ?

i realise wages in northern ireland as a a whole are well below the south but belfast appears cheaper than limerick from what i can see

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 am 
Too Big to Fail

irish_bob wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
irish_bob wrote:

i realise wages in northern ireland as a a whole are well below the south but belfast appears cheaper than limerick from what i can see

The troubles bay be over, but the sectarianism is still rife in many parts of Belfast, so who would want to live in an area that experiences civil unrest at certain times of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:17 pm 
Neo Landlord

dolanbaker wrote:
irish_bob wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
irish_bob wrote:

The troubles bay be over, but the sectarianism is still rife in many parts of Belfast, so who would want to live in an area that experiences civil unrest at certain times of the year.

i was looking at city centre properties , not east or west belfast , its cheaper than limerick in much of belfast , weak pound making it very cheap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:34 pm 
Real Estate Developer

irish_bob wrote:

i was looking at city centre properties , not east or west belfast , its cheaper than limerick in much of belfast , weak pound making it very cheap

I think you have to realise that Dublin housing is expensive rather than Belfast housing being cheap. Belfast housing is just over 7X (160k) the average salary (22k) vs Dublin (360k) which is just over 10X the average salary in Dublin (35k) for comparison London is just under 14X and Edinburgh just under 10X. Belfast seems to be more expensive than other UK cities that don't have big Financial Services and/or IT industries - Glasgow and Manchester are just under 6X. I found salaries and house prices by googling - they are all recent i.e. 2017 figures. It's difficult to compare with European cities as they don't seem to be as obsessed with property prices as Ireland and the UK.

There is no huge expansion of employment/population on the horizon for Belfast - if anything it's likely to be the reverse - so I think I would view Belfast property as overpriced - certainly from an investment point of view.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 am 
Nationalised

metalmike wrote:
There is no huge expansion of employment/population on the horizon for Belfast.

What about the DUP getting a billion quid for voting with the Tories, then voting with Labour on unfreezing public sector pay? Surely the smart ballsy people should be buying Belfast property near public buildings and renting to civil servants. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:24 am 
Property Magnate

metalmike wrote:
irish_bob wrote:

I think you have to realise that Dublin housing is expensive rather than Belfast housing being cheap. Belfast housing is just over 7X (160k) the average salary (22k) vs Dublin (360k) which is just over 10X the average salary in Dublin (35k) for comparison London is just under 14X and Edinburgh just under 10X. Belfast seems to be more expensive than other UK cities that don't have big Financial Services and/or IT industries - Glasgow and Manchester are just under 6X. I found salaries and house prices by googling - they are all recent i.e. 2017 figures. It's difficult to compare with European cities as they don't seem to be as obsessed with property prices as Ireland and the UK.

There is no huge expansion of employment/population on the horizon for Belfast - if anything it's likely to be the reverse - so I think I would view Belfast property as overpriced - certainly from an investment point of view.

Belfast is still a major city on the island if Ireland.
It does look pretty sweet price wise.

If not for Brexit uncertainty ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next