Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: UK House price to soar by 16% Daily Express 30/05/11
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:07 pm 
Neo Landlord

taipeir wrote:
metalmike wrote:
irish_bob wrote:

i was looking at city centre properties , not east or west belfast , its cheaper than limerick in much of belfast , weak pound making it very cheap

I think you have to realise that Dublin housing is expensive rather than Belfast housing being cheap. Belfast housing is just over 7X (160k) the average salary (22k) vs Dublin (360k) which is just over 10X the average salary in Dublin (35k) for comparison London is just under 14X and Edinburgh just under 10X. Belfast seems to be more expensive than other UK cities that don't have big Financial Services and/or IT industries - Glasgow and Manchester are just under 6X. I found salaries and house prices by googling - they are all recent i.e. 2017 figures. It's difficult to compare with European cities as they don't seem to be as obsessed with property prices as Ireland and the UK.

There is no huge expansion of employment/population on the horizon for Belfast - if anything it's likely to be the reverse - so I think I would view Belfast property as overpriced - certainly from an investment point of view.

Belfast is still a major city on the island if Ireland.
It does look pretty sweet price wise.

If not for Brexit uncertainty ...

was 5% cheaper a month ago with the euro buying 92 pence , rents for two bed apartments in the city centre in limerick are 40% of what renters in dublin pay , i spoke to an estate agent today about it , £700 is about average for a two bed on the waterfront

your talking over a thousand pounds in rates too

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 am 
Too Big to Fail

Was going to put this on the London has popped thread but that's a fact now. How it spreads beyond London is the question now.
Quote:
London house prices have fallen for the first time in eight years, the Nationwide says, dropping 0.6% year-on-year in September.
Across the UK, annual price growth slowed to 2%, down from 2.1% in August.
That is the slowest rate of increase since June 2013, according to the Nationwide measure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41439344

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 pm 
Too Big to Fail

20 years of British house prices in one gif.
https://twitter.com/undertheraedar/stat ... 3159310336

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31