Follow, retweet @dailypinster




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Posts: 1336
No, I responded to your arrogant and patronizing rant the way you can expect to be responded to when you talk to people the way you just did. Tell me to grow up when you're defending the news industry in the US Vs RT, c'mon how naive are you? The news industry in US is complete pantomime, aimed squarely at idiots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:10 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Tullamore
Scratcher wrote:
No, I responded to your arrogant and patronizing rant the way you can expect to be responded to when you talk to people the way you just did. Tell me to grow up when you're defending the news industry in the US Vs RT, c'mon how naive are you? The news industry in US is complete pantomime, aimed squarely at idiots.

Sure it is, but it's not government sponsored and directed pantomime like RT is...

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:37 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Posts: 1336
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
No, I responded to your arrogant and patronizing rant the way you can expect to be responded to when you talk to people the way you just did. Tell me to grow up when you're defending the news industry in the US Vs RT, c'mon how naive are you? The news industry in US is complete pantomime, aimed squarely at idiots.

Sure it is, but it's not government sponsored and directed pantomime like RT is...


Don't kid yourself. You


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:03 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Tullamore
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
No, I responded to your arrogant and patronizing rant the way you can expect to be responded to when you talk to people the way you just did. Tell me to grow up when you're defending the news industry in the US Vs RT, c'mon how naive are you? The news industry in US is complete pantomime, aimed squarely at idiots.

Sure it is, but it's not government sponsored and directed pantomime like RT is...


Don't kid yourself. You

Goodness, they've cut him off. So, you're telling me that Fox is government sponsored to bash the government all day every day?

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:10 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Posts: 1336
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
No, I responded to your arrogant and patronizing rant the way you can expect to be responded to when you talk to people the way you just did. Tell me to grow up when you're defending the news industry in the US Vs RT, c'mon how naive are you? The news industry in US is complete pantomime, aimed squarely at idiots.

Sure it is, but it's not government sponsored and directed pantomime like RT is...


Don't kid yourself. You

Goodness, they've cut him off. So, you're telling me that Fox is government sponsored to bash the government all day every day?


No, that is not what I am saying. But I guess we can all cheer Rupert Murdoch for the veteran of unbiased media that he is....

:roll:


Last edited by Scratcher on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:11 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Tullamore
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
Don't kid yourself. You

Goodness, they've cut him off. So, you're telling me that Fox is government sponsored to bash the government all day every day?


No, that is not what I am saying. :roll:

You appear to have said very little :)

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:17 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Posts: 1336
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
Don't kid yourself. You

Goodness, they've cut him off. So, you're telling me that Fox is government sponsored to bash the government all day every day?


No, that is not what I am saying. :roll:

You appear to have said very little :)


That's because it requires little comment. It's glaringly obvious what my original point was.

:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:21 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Tullamore
Scratcher wrote:
It's glaringly obvious what my original point was.

:(

Whataboutery? :?

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:46 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jan 28, 2013
Posts: 1336
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
It's glaringly obvious what my original point was.

:(

Whataboutery? :?


OP says RT is biased against US, I say US media is biased against Russia. But please go on, keep talking, you were saying - Fox News....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:06 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 9772
Scratcher wrote:
satechi wrote:
evilcart wrote:
I don't get why people listen to those crazy doomsayers. That dude in the video is talking bollox , pure hairy balls bullshit.

The whole purpose of Russia Today is to paint a grim picture of the "West" as all gloom and doom, while the Motherland is put into glorious white light.
Its just one cog in a wider and disturbingly efficient propaganda machine used by Russia to keep its Russian speaking sheep in line

Ain't that exactly what the yanks do??

RT is owned and funded by the Russian government, and treated as a strategic government asset. Just curious as to what's the equivalent station for the US government?

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: May 6, 2008
Posts: 4244
Location: the nearest faraway place
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
It's glaringly obvious what my original point was.

:(

Whataboutery? :?


OP says RT is biased against US, I say US media is biased against Russia. But please go on, keep talking, you were saying - Fox News....

Fox news is anti-everyone!

Its target audience is the frightened, the belligerent, the frail and the disgruntled. Half its audience are over 65. I have an retired aunt in Florida who's hooked to it, she told my wife on the phone that if Saunders gets elected then he'll bring socialism to America and she'll have to move back to ireland!

_________________
Every single frozen corpse on Everest was once a highly motivated person.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Jun 10, 2010
Posts: 855
catbear wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
Scratcher wrote:
It's glaringly obvious what my original point was.

:(

Whataboutery? :?


OP says RT is biased against US, I say US media is biased against Russia. But please go on, keep talking, you were saying - Fox News....

Fox news is anti-everyone!

Its target audience is the frightened, the belligerent, the frail and the disgruntled. Half its audience are over 65. I have an retired aunt in Florida who's hooked to it, she told my wife on the phone that if Saunders gets elected then he'll bring socialism to America and she'll have to move back to ireland!


And what part of her statement is wrong?

_________________
Jean-Claude Juncker - “We all know what to do, we just don’t know how to get re-elected after we’ve done it.”
Irving Fisher, economist, October 17, 1929 - "Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau"
Gold and Economic Freedom by Alan Greenspan - 1966
Milton Friedman best moments


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:37 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31334
Location: Tullamore
conork wrote:
catbear wrote:
Fox news is anti-everyone!

Its target audience is the frightened, the belligerent, the frail and the disgruntled. Half its audience are over 65. I have an retired aunt in Florida who's hooked to it, she told my wife on the phone that if Saunders gets elected then he'll bring socialism to America and she'll have to move back to ireland!


And what part of her statement is wrong?

:lol: You're such a tea-party sock puppet.

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Jan 12, 2008
Posts: 4081
Location: California
yoganmahew wrote:
conork wrote:
catbear wrote:
Fox news is anti-everyone!

Its target audience is the frightened, the belligerent, the frail and the disgruntled. Half its audience are over 65. I have an retired aunt in Florida who's hooked to it, she told my wife on the phone that if Saunders gets elected then he'll bring socialism to America and she'll have to move back to ireland!


And what part of her statement is wrong?

:lol: You're such a tea-party sock puppet.


Bill O Reilly said the same thing, they'll be shocked to find state provided health care and free(ish) 3rd level education, never mind gay marriage in the auld sod. Communism by the standards of uncle Rupert and chairman Ailes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: US, up up up
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: May 6, 2008
Posts: 4244
Location: the nearest faraway place
That's essentially it, my aunt will complain about Obamacare and creeping socialism and then praise the way Ireland looks after their old folks. I think she's thinks its all just a catholic church run thing as she left Ireland in the 50s.

_________________
Every single frozen corpse on Everest was once a highly motivated person.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com