Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Where are you now?
Ireland 37%  37%  [ 40 ]
U.K. 16%  16%  [ 17 ]
Europe 16%  16%  [ 17 ]
USA 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Canada 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
South America 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Australasia 11%  11%  [ 12 ]
Asia 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Africa 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 107
 Post subject: Re: Ex-Pats on the site.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 am 
Property Magnate

Perth is full of Aberdonians!

Post subject: Re: Ex-Pats on the site.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 pm 
Migrant

Left Ireland in 2011 decision was made for me really(I was made redundant). I fancied a change in career and moved laterally in the engineering sector. I used the redundancy payment to fund a MSc in engineering in a UK university as Irish universities were not correlating with what was occurring in industry.

I was promptly hired by a multinational during my MSc and started 2 weeks after handing up my thesis :) . Money and opportunities are far better than at home. I have the opportunity to work on international projects which I plan on doing to gaining significant experience with and possibly returning in 10 years...ish. Some doors are already open to me as I have worked in the Middle East in the past.

I will watch the property market with interest and see what happens. My opinion is that property has a while fall yet from what I can see and from an economist report I read. Never know if the price was right I could buy and rent until I am ready/have a well paying job but I dont expect that to happen for a few years yet.

Regards the prices I have seen for renovation properties I cannot see how people are parting with their hard earned considering the significant amount of money required to renovate them to decent standard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8