Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Property Tax only 25% have paid.
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm 
Single Home Owner

The people have spoken .
With the compliance figure so low I can not envisage the computer user in a major rush to part with his hard earned cash.
In reality this figure needs to double before months end or it is back to the drawing board.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 93265.html

Post subject: Re: Property Tax only 25% have paid.
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 pm 
Single Home Owner

Eh, no. At least 3 things wrong about your post.

Firstly, the deadline for paper returns is actually Tuesday.

Secondly, the deadline for online returns is the end of May.

Thirdly, the payments aren't due for another couple of months.

The "people" may well protest through non-compliance, but let's wait for the compliance deadlines to pass before inferring anything!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:28 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

robert wrote:

The "people" may well protest through non-compliance, but let's wait for the compliance deadlines to pass before inferring anything!

I think the revenue-heads have a cunning plan. They are deducting dosh whether you register or not. They won't be messing about with the x% signed up mallarkey we had with the household charge.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 pm 
Single Home Owner

robert wrote:

Please expound on my 3 errors as I never mentioned in my OP anything to do with dead lines nor did I state (thirdly) a cut off for payments.
So come on and step up to the plate and explain why compliance is so low and leave the BS on your xbox

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:37 pm 
Property Magnate

AWAAF wrote:
robert wrote:

I think the revenue-heads have a cunning plan. They are deducting dosh whether you register or not. They won't be messing about with the x% signed up mallarkey we had with the household charge.

I agree, all the wrongs of the collection system of he household charge have been rectified under the LPT. Revenue have an array of methods to get information and to attach earnings to get the tax. Resistance is futile.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 pm 
Property Magnate

richie268 wrote:
The people have spoken .
With the compliance figure so low I can not envisage the computer user in a major rush to part with his hard earned cash.
In reality this figure needs to double before months end or it is back to the drawing board.

As I said in my earlier post it matters not whether people,rush to register or not, Revenue will get you and you will pay.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

richie268 wrote:
The people have spoken .

What do you mean by "the people have spoken?" It's way too early to tell. The returns aren't due yet for almost a month (electronically, which is how most will file,) while the payments aren't due until July.

I'm afraid your thread is a severe case of premature speculation!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:53 pm 
Single Home Owner

:)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:05 pm 
Single Home Owner

HiFi wrote:
richie268 wrote:
The people have spoken .

What do you mean by "the people have spoken?" It's way too early to tell. The returns aren't due yet for almost a month (electronically, which is how most will file,) while the payments aren't due until July.

I'm afraid your thread is a severe case of premature speculation!

Well I speculate that the senior citizens the individuals most likely not to have Internet will not be RUNNING to the post office this weekend nor any weekend to pay this unjust tax and the kick in the gee is that a percentage of those that did pay are now going to audited, for second pensions and all which the latter ensues.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

richie268 wrote:
Well I speculate that the senior citizens the individuals most likely not to have Internet will not be RUNNING to the post office this weekend nor any weekend to pay this unjust tax and the kick in the gee is that a percentage of those that did pay are now going to audited, for second pensions and all which the latter ensues.

Are you seriously suggesting that paying property tax on time is going to increase a senior citizen's chances of getting audited? Can you point to a source for that information? If you are not suggesting that and are merely pointing out the obvious, that Revenue have announced very publicly that they are focussing on undeclared pensions, and that statistically some of those senior citizens that have paid tax will get caught up in this, then so what?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm 
Single Home Owner

JohnnyTheFox wrote:
richie268 wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that paying property tax on time is going to increase a senior citizen's chances of getting audited? Can you point to a source for that information? If you are not suggesting that and are merely pointing out the obvious, that Revenue have announced very publicly that they are focussing on undeclared pensions, and that statistically some of those senior citizens that have paid tax will get caught up in this, then so what?

Well where would you start?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm 
Homeless

Just a quick reminder for us slow folks.... why is this tax unfair?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm 
Single Home Owner

Anybody that assists them in anyway is either on a fiddle or dead from the shoulders up
And it is your fiddle that they want.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:36 pm 
Homeless

Again sorry for being slow here but who is "them" and why are they the enemy?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 pm 
Single Home Owner

Them is Hogans heroes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next