Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post subject: Daily Mail on the Property tax
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:03 pm 
Single Home Owner

On page 13 of Today's Daily Mail it states that 400,000 households have not paid the property tax for 2014, equaling 20% of households based upon a figure of 1.95 million households eligible for the levy,
Somebody from somewhere has been telling fibs either that or in the last 13 months Bob the Builder has built around another 300,000 units that nobody copped not even the Central Statics Office which stated that on the 4/4/2013 that 1.658243 that houses existed in the State. Lies dammed lies and Statics?

Post subject: Re: Daily Mail on the Property tax
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:55 pm 
Too Big to Fail

It's the 2014 tax only.

The info comes from a question raised in the Dáil by Joe Higgins
http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... %22#g186.q

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 pm 
Single Home Owner

temene wrote:
It's the 2014 tax only.

The info comes from a question raised in the Dáil by Joe Higgins
http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... %22#g186.q

Granted as I read the article but have the media in conjunction with the government conspired to tell lies or has somebody made a typo of huge proportions?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 pm 
Nationalised

do you enjoy beating a dead horse?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59227&p=704377#p704377
richie268 wrote:
The people have spoken .
With the compliance figure so low I can not envisage the computer user in a major rush to part with his hard earned cash.
In reality this figure needs to double before months end or it is back to the drawing board.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 93265.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 am 
Single Home Owner

slasher wrote:
do you enjoy beating a dead horse?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=59227&p=704377#p704377
richie268 wrote:
The people have spoken .
With the compliance figure so low I can not envisage the computer user in a major rush to part with his hard earned cash.
In reality this figure needs to double before months end or it is back to the drawing board.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 93265.html

The dead horse is all ready in the burger and has been consumed and your right I am beating something and It is called a drum in order to try to wake people like you up to the reality.
Imaginary money from local authority co council and Dublin corporation used to manipulate the figures and remember remember the first of November last when a media frenzy was put in place stating that compliance was running at a rate of excess 90%.
Regards Eric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:05 am 
Nationalised

I'm not seeing the contradiction. Maybe it's just the fluoride in the water making me stupid, but could you spell out where you see an issue with the numbers?

"Do, or do not; there is no try" -- Yoda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Homeowners given final deadline to pay property tax

Quote:
According to the Revenue, the compliance rate for 2014 currently stands at about 82 per cent, generating €110 million so far. About 40,000 items of correspondence from late last year have yet to be processed, and the compliance rate will also increase as the various phased payments are processed. Those opting to pay by the single debit authority for example, will only pay the tax on March 21st.

But the deadline is over a month away, if I owned property I'dprobably wait til the last week

Quote:
With regards to last year’s tax, which applied on a half-year basis, a compliance rate of about 93 per cent was reported, generating a total of €242 million for the government. To address those who didn’t pay, the Revenue sent out 190,000 reminder letters; initiated over 29,000 mandatory deductions from wages/pensions; refused about 3,500 tax clearances; and applied an income tax surcharge in over 6,700 cases.

are any of them so called Left TDs? i'm guessing the transfer of powers to revenue softened their cough

I know a lot of them, like [Jimmy] Flynn, [Noel] O’Flaherty and the Baileys. You meet the Baileys at Croke Park every time you go there. You can’t avoid getting a slap on the back going in from them. Most of these guys lost their shirt. I feel sorry for them - Bertie Ahern