Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools

Post subject: Re: Idea: Search for property by mortgage costs
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:34 am 
Nationalised

I know what you mean about rates - I haven't loked in a while so I'm not sure about what data they give out - maybe just have an option for a notional 20 year fixed - based on what e.g. German banks offer. Mortgages.ie used to have a lot of options - not sure what they actually have now

left_blank wrote:
Probably wouldn't be too difficult. Can you describe how you'd want the search to function for me please?

The basic functions would be model, year, mileage. The really nifty thing would be to integrate cars without VRT - i.e. assume it hasn't been paid - or integrate with Autotrader Northern Ireland and lump the VRT on.

Even if you just provided a search function for donedeal - at the the moment you can only one select model - compare to autotrader.ie and you'll see. (you can't say I want a Golf or a Focus with under 40000km for less that 15 grand)

If you go on the the boards.ie motors section there'll be no end of suggestions - they're as obsessive about cars they'll never buy as people here are about houses they'll never buy :)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:43 am 
Back Home with Mammy

slasher wrote:
I know what you mean about rates - I haven't loked in a while so I'm not sure about what data they give out - maybe just have an option for a notional 20 year fixed - based on what e.g. German banks offer. Mortgages.ie used to have a lot of options - not sure what they actually have now

Yeah I had a look at mortgages.ie a while ago and a lot of their rates were out of date.

slasher wrote:
left_blank wrote:
Probably wouldn't be too difficult. Can you describe how you'd want the search to function for me please?

The basic functions would be model, year, mileage. The really nifty thing would be to integrate cars without VRT - i.e. assume it hasn't been paid - or integrate with Autotrader Northern Ireland and lump the VRT on.

Even if you just provided a search function for donedeal - at the the moment you can only one select model - compare to autotrader.ie and you'll see. (you can't say I want a Golf or a Focus with under 40000km for less that 15 grand)

If you go on the the boards.ie motors section there'll be no end of suggestions - they're as obsessive about cars they'll never buy as people here are about houses they'll never buy :)

What about carzone? They seem to have fairly comprehensive search options. Still just the VRT problem?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 am 
Nationalised

left_blank wrote:

What about carzone? They seem to have fairly comprehensive search options. Still just the VRT problem?

Carzone is good - it's autotrader's functionality (bought them out AFAIK) - you just have the VRT problem - though I believe a lot of the volume has moved to donedeal as they are simply cheaper (probably less so for higher end cars).

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools