Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Property-bee gone daft! Firefox Price Tracking Add-On
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 am 
Under CAB Investigation

We should really support BH in this endeavour.

Unfortunately I'm no coder but if we got a pin-centric crowd to support the Irish end of things I'd be willing to help with the 'have you tried turing it off and turning it on again' stuff.

Could be a useful feature to integrate into the Pin..... Any takers?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:45 am 
Neo Landlord

Hi,
I had pb on my old desktop who is no longer with us (RIP old fella). Now thinking I was a clever chap I copied all the data I could find on to a usb before getting rid of d/top. I now have a new latop (what recession?) and installed pb. All works good -visited daft for the first time and it made an entry for all the pages I visited (date event etc for 08/01/10).

I have looked on the pb forum but couldnt get an answer to the following
I was hoping to copy the data from my usb on to the new laptop and seeing if it will "see" or "read" all the old data i.e prices from 08-09.

I have read abit and it all seems to say I need a sqlite file but I dont have one on the usb. I have heaps of excel sheets with the naming convention property-bee_(letter)(letter)(no)(no)xxxx

Does anyone know if its poss to get these files to "merge" or show up when I visit daft?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 am 
Homeless

Hi, I have installed property bee toolbar, but I cannot see any price changes, am i doing something wrong here??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

vlg wrote:
Hi,
I had pb on my old desktop who is no longer with us (RIP old fella). Now thinking I was a clever chap I copied all the data I could find on to a usb before getting rid of d/top. I now have a new latop (what recession?) and installed pb.

Does anyone know if its poss to get these files to "merge" or show up when I visit daft?

Will look into that for you. Just gimme a few days.

Timemachine wrote:
Hi, I have installed property bee toolbar, but I cannot see any price changes, am i doing something wrong here??

Timemachine - I've PM'd you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm 
Single Home Owner

Anyone seeing a problem with propertybee today on daft? - if an advert has an image for the EA's logo, all the bee content gets shifted over the right margin so that it is not readable?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 pm 
Single Home Owner

benji2006 wrote:
Anyone seeing a problem with propertybee today on daft? - if an advert has an image for the EA's logo, all the bee content gets shifted over the right margin so that it is not readable?

ok, I turned off DaftMonkey and that seems to have fixed the problem, so nothing to do with property bee.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

an update of the bee has been released which now has it working on firefox 3.6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm 
Single Home Owner

Help!!!

I installed property bee, having installed Firefox 3.6 today.

Ikeep getting an error when I open daft.ie now. It says
Server reported the error 401
Your account is currently inactive - please click the link "welcome to the Property Bee" that was sent in the email to you.

however, during the installation of Property bee, it said that it wasn't able to send an email to my account!! What do i do next???
All help appreciated!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am 
Of Systemic Importance

see here: http://www.property-bee.com/help.php?ac ... opic_id=76
Quote:
I have registered but every time I use the toolbar I get 'Error 401'
> Property bee help > Installing the property bee toolbar > I have registered but every time I use the toolbar I get 'Error 401'

You should of received a confirmation email when you registered.

If you received the email (please check your spam folder as well!) please click on the link within the email, this will then allow your toolbar to share information with other users.

If you did not receive the email, please email me with the username and email address you registered with (your username should be displayed on the top right of the toolbar) to the address at the end of this post.

If you email from the same email address you registered with, then I will generally activate your account for you, otherwise I will correct any typos in the email address and resend the confirmation email.

looks like the email address to contact is listed here: http://www.property-bee.com/help.php?ac ... opic_id=75
Quote:
Contact
> Property bee help > Contact

I can be contacted via the email address admin [at] property-bee [dot] com

note, I replace the at '@' symbol with [at] and the dot character '.' with [dot]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

amiafool wrote:
Help!!!

I installed property bee, having installed Firefox 3.6 today.

Ikeep getting an error when I open daft.ie now. It says
Server reported the error 401
Your account is currently inactive - please click the link "welcome to the Property Bee" that was sent in the email to you.

however, during the installation of Property bee, it said that it wasn't able to send an email to my account!! What do i do next???
All help appreciated!!

Sorry at the time we were having problems sending emails.

For future reference, there's a host of information on the property-bee.com forums and in particular Answers to common questions.

If you're having problems, see "Answers to common questions", else send me an email and I'll try and sort it out.

Cheers
BH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

My PB just shows very recent changes(last day or so). No history at all. Just downloaded it very recently. I've been looking at rentals and sales that I know have been on the market for ages but the bee is not showing this. Any ideas please?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 am 
Back Home with Mammy

Me&Mi wrote:
My PB just shows very recent changes(last day or so). No history at all. Just downloaded it very recently. I've been looking at rentals and sales that I know have been on the market for ages but the bee is not showing this. Any ideas please?

1) Did you register to work in the bee? If you didn't there is an option on the toolbar under "wizards" to do so
2) Once you are registed to work in the bee, under options on the toolbar, make sure "work in a bee" is ticked

If you have done both, then chances are you are looking in an area where no PB user has looked before.

PB doesn't take a data feed from the website (I know of no property site that provides one) or spider the website (against the terms & conditions, and the lawyers will knock on the door if you do so, I know from a prior project!).. so all the information available is collected when PB users look at properties. If they haven't looked at a particular area, then there will be no history.

Don't despair, tracking a properties in new area with PB will still given very useful info in time, albeit without the information before you started - and it will help other people too.

Hope that helps

Cheers
BH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 am 
Back Home with Mammy

BTW if anyone whats to try out a new version that allows you to delete entries from your property-bee sidebar... pop over to the property-bee forum to download it.

Its only available from the link posted above whilst we test it out, but I hope it will be officially released to everyone within the next week :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Thanks a million for that Beerhunter. I'm trying to register to work in a bee but when I get to the register point the script goes all funny and doesn't work. Anyone else having trouble registering?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

Me&Mi wrote:
Thanks a million for that Beerhunter. I'm trying to register to work in a bee but when I get to the register point the script goes all funny and doesn't work. Anyone else having trouble registering?

Goes all funny?

There are 2 possible issues I know of

* If your using a Mac then you may need to type a username/password into a text editor, and cut and paste them into the registration boxes! I've no idea why, its some bizzare Mac bug I think.

* If you try and use a username that is already registered, when you press the register button a long ling of html appears underneath. In this case just change the username to something else and press the register button again (this is because I upgraded the forum software and it works differently from the previous version :(

Hope that helps

Cheers
BH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools