Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: May 18, 2009
Posts: 3936
Bjorn again wrote:
Mossy_Heneberry wrote:
Bjorn again wrote:
Quote:
And you're the Dumbest of them all. What illogic tripe are you talking about? And exports are just as important as imports. Do you know the difference between exports and imports?


Indeed I do, please explain your point


I've updated my comment.

So care to expand your illogic tripe?


I don't see any new content perhaps you could indulge me with your latest ramblings?


So you can't back up your argument.

I guess it's back to your gender fluidity and cats with you.

_________________
The way things are supposed to work is that we're supposed to know virtually everything about what they [the government] do: that's why they're called public servants. They're supposed to know virtually nothing about what we do: that's why we're called private individuals.― Glenn Greenwald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Mar 21, 2013
Posts: 290
Quote:
Indeed I do, please explain your point


Quote:
I've updated my comment.

So care to expand your illogic tripe?


Quote:
I don't see any new content perhaps you could indulge me with your latest ramblings?


Quote:
So you can't back up your argument.

I guess it's back to your gender fluidity and cats with you.


I think you are a troll, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt

Given the default of a collapse in EU-UK negotiations, probably because of the failure of the UK to honour its commitments, explain to me how imports will drive the EU to change its position?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: May 18, 2009
Posts: 3936
Bjorn again wrote:
Quote:
Indeed I do, please explain your point


Quote:
I've updated my comment.

So care to expand your illogic tripe?


Quote:
I don't see any new content perhaps you could indulge me with your latest ramblings?


Quote:
So you can't back up your argument.

I guess it's back to your gender fluidity and cats with you.


I think you are a troll, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt

Given the default of a collapse in EU-UK negotiations, probably because of the failure of the UK to honour its commitments, explain to me how imports will drive the EU to change its position?



Please get your quotes right.

_________________
The way things are supposed to work is that we're supposed to know virtually everything about what they [the government] do: that's why they're called public servants. They're supposed to know virtually nothing about what we do: that's why we're called private individuals.― Glenn Greenwald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Mar 21, 2013
Posts: 290
Mossy_Heneberry wrote:
Bjorn again wrote:
Quote:
Indeed I do, please explain your point


Quote:
I've updated my comment.

So care to expand your illogic tripe?


Quote:
I don't see any new content perhaps you could indulge me with your latest ramblings?


Quote:
So you can't back up your argument.

I guess it's back to your gender fluidity and cats with you.


I think you are a troll, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt

Given the default of a collapse in EU-UK negotiations, probably because of the failure of the UK to honour its commitments, explain to me how imports will drive the EU to change its position?



Please get your quotes right.


Well I am off tomorrow and I love a laugh so keep it coming Bozo or is it Bojo?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: May 18, 2009
Posts: 3936
Will you be a man or woman tomorrow or somewhere in between darling?

BTW, how are your cats?

_________________
The way things are supposed to work is that we're supposed to know virtually everything about what they [the government] do: that's why they're called public servants. They're supposed to know virtually nothing about what we do: that's why we're called private individuals.― Glenn Greenwald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Mar 21, 2013
Posts: 290
Mossy_Heneberry wrote:
Will you be a man or woman tomorrow or somewhere in between darling?

BTW, how are your cats?


I am all for diversity but not keen on stupidity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Mar 21, 2013
Posts: 290
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp

Its intuitive that the EU/EEC whatever you want to call it has been a boon for the UK since 1973
To leave it when growth before '73 was so anaemic is to take a large punt into the unknown

German exports to future potential UK markets have grown exponentially over the years as they have something to sell

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germa ... SKBN1622SO

As part of the EU Germany has succeeded so whats the UK issue?

In short they have nothing to export and BREXIT will not change that deficit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: May 18, 2009
Posts: 3936
Bjorn again wrote:
Mossy_Heneberry wrote:
Will you be a man or woman tomorrow or somewhere in between darling?

BTW, how are your cats?


I am all for diversity but not keen on stupidity


I'm only joking with you. :)

_________________
The way things are supposed to work is that we're supposed to know virtually everything about what they [the government] do: that's why they're called public servants. They're supposed to know virtually nothing about what we do: that's why we're called private individuals.― Glenn Greenwald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Mar 14, 2013
Posts: 1454
catbear wrote:
It will be very interesting to see how tomorrow pans out.
Image

Im beginning to get to feel sorry for the brits having Davis in charge

_________________
An increase in the number of paupers does not broaden the market. M. Kalecki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Sep 15, 2015
Posts: 1312
Bjorn again wrote:
As part of the EU Germany has succeeded so whats the UK issue?

In short they have nothing to export and BREXIT will not change that deficit


The official line from the leavers is now that "of course Brexit will be bad for the economy and we always said it would be but red white and blue freedom strong and stable LOVELY BLUE PASSPORTS". This is, of course, a lie; the leave campaigns repeatedly said that Brexit would be good for the economy. But in the minds of many leavers, now, the economic damage doesn't matter if they can get rid of some foreigners, have a nice blue passport which they won't be able to use because sterling will be worthless, and impose compulsory morris dancing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: May 6, 2008
Posts: 4111
Location: the nearest faraway place
I think it fitting that the DUP as the most virulent exponents of British supremacy are now attached to the Brexit government, it gilds the whole fiasco with a certain symmetry, unmasks the primal instinct of a nation more used to dictating than compromise.

I don't know if the UK has to fail utterly before it accepts its new place in the world.

_________________
Fear of losing out drives the bubble, fear of losing everything drives the bust.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: May 18, 2009
Posts: 3936
Worstpigeon wrote:
Bjorn again wrote:
As part of the EU Germany has succeeded so whats the UK issue?

In short they have nothing to export and BREXIT will not change that deficit


The official line from the leavers is now that "of course Brexit will be bad for the economy and we always said it would be but red white and blue freedom strong and stable LOVELY BLUE PASSPORTS". This is, of course, a lie; the leave campaigns repeatedly said that Brexit would be good for the economy. But in the minds of many leavers, now, the economic damage doesn't matter if they can get rid of some foreigners, have a nice blue passport which they won't be able to use because sterling will be worthless, and impose compulsory morris dancing.



The official line? That's new to me.

_________________
The way things are supposed to work is that we're supposed to know virtually everything about what they [the government] do: that's why they're called public servants. They're supposed to know virtually nothing about what we do: that's why we're called private individuals.― Glenn Greenwald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Posts: 8062
Location: London, innit
Brit's have caved already - over the timetable..
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31206
Location: Tullamore
It hints at a desire for a softer Brexit. It also provides smarties for getting the vote through the EU national governments.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Norway/Iceland-style coming up. Though they could surprise us all and go full gangnam...

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: May 7, 2017
Posts: 286
Reinforcing the "caved" theory......

Quote:
U.K. blinks first in Brexit talks | Britain’s chief negotiator yesterday agreed to delay talks on the U.K.’s future trade deal with Europe until a pact has been reached on the terms of the divorce — including how much Britain has to pay to settle its accounts. That matters because the U.K. will now have to make financial commitments before it knows just what kind of trade accord the EU is willing to grant it in return.


https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... mpaign=bop


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: