Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:52 pm 
Nationalised

Braighni wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
What will the movie industry do for high-speed car chase thrills when the cops just have to press a button and have the baddie's car drive him sedately to the nearest police station?

Hackers.

Good answer. You should copyright it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 
Property Magnate

ps200306 wrote:
Braighni wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
What will the movie industry do for high-speed car chase thrills when the cops just have to press a button and have the baddie's car drive him sedately to the nearest police station?

Hackers.

Good answer. You should copyright it. :D

You just hit that computer terminal like Bruce Willis in the Fifth Element. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m38QcCyo110

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:09 pm 
IMF'd

ps200306 wrote:

And that my friend is why Tom Cruise runs everywhere...

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 pm 
Nationalised

Why did I watch that?
:?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm 
IMF'd

Coles2 wrote:
Why did I watch that?

You like to be ahead of the curve?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 pm 
Nationalised

yoganmahew wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
Why did I watch that?

You like to be ahead of the curve?
:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:46 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Tesla are unveiling their Semi Truck this week.

Musk wrote:
Tesla Semi Truck unveil to be webcast live on Thursday at 8pm! This will blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension. Just need to find my portal gun ...

He must have gotten over his (battery manufacturing) automation problems.

From camping on the roof of the factory he went on a trip to Turkey last week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Braighni wrote:

Musk wrote:
Tesla Semi Truck unveil to be webcast live on Thursday at 8pm! This will blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension. Just need to find my portal gun ...

Well, when you own a Gulfstream G650ER and you can get to Turkey in one hop in a fully flat bed to meet the Turkish president who is paying you circa $90m to launch a satellite and you might get the repeat business it makes kinda sense.

Tesla is facing incredible bottlenecks in the battery production for the Model 3 and the shares have taken a battering. Musk a victim of his own ambition and his penchant for grand visions. I imagine the Tesla Semi reveal will be impressive but he has said himself they can make a prototype of anything in 3 months but to scale to manufacturing takes 3 years.

They need to get the Model 3 production line fully up to speed. Tesla is unusual in its openness and frankness of what they are doing with means every problem and success create an overreaction from the market in both directions.

The Model S is only 5 years old yet it is the market leader in luxury EV's, the Model 3 is behind schedule now but will it still be in 3 month time? maybe hopefully not. Will it still be behind in 6 mths time? probably not.

The issues are engineering and supply, they will solve these things and once it is being produced at 5,000 vehicles per week Tesla won't have to do another capital raise.

Personally, I hope the share price gets hammered again because I will be buying more if they hit $295

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Terra Incognita wrote:
Braighni wrote:

Musk wrote:

Well, when you own a Gulfstream G650ER and you can get to Turkey in one hop in a fully flat bed to meet the Turkish president who is paying you circa $90m to launch a satellite and you might get the repeat business it makes kinda sense.

Tesla is facing incredible bottlenecks in the battery production for the Model 3 and the shares have taken a battering. Musk a victim of his own ambition and his penchant for grand visions. I imagine the Tesla Semi reveal will be impressive but he has said himself they can make a prototype of anything in 3 months but to scale to manufacturing takes 3 years.

They need to get the Model 3 production line fully up to speed. Tesla is unusual in its openness and frankness of what they are doing with means every problem and success create an overreaction from the market in both directions.

The Model S is only 5 years old yet it is the market leader in luxury EV's, the Model 3 is behind schedule now but will it still be in 3 month time? maybe hopefully not. Will it still be behind in 6 mths time? probably not.

The issues are engineering and supply, they will solve these things and once it is being produced at 5,000 vehicles per week Tesla won't have to do another capital raise.

Personally, I hope the share price gets hammered again because I will be buying more if they hit $295

I hope so too. I am a fan.

Although I wasn't impressed by the finish on the Model 3 myself.
Seemed tacky and rough around the edges.

I'm not a customer though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Braighni wrote:

Have you seen a Model 3?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:52 pm 
Nationalised

yoganmahew wrote:
ps200306 wrote:

That's an awful lot of runs. Wikipedia credits him with 52 movies including the yet-to-be-released Mission Impossible 6. XX
He must be buying an awful lot of E-meter psychometry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm 
Nationalised

ps200306 wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
ps200306 wrote:

That's an awful lot of runs. Wikipedia credits him with 52 movies including the yet-to-be-released Mission Impossible 6. XX
He must be buying an awful lot of E-meter psychometry.

I thought he was running fro his thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Terra Incognita wrote:
Braighni wrote:

Have you seen a Model 3?

No. Watched the videos posted earlier in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:50 pm 
Nationalised

Interesting thoughts on Google/Waymo driverless cars in Chandler, Arizona by an unrelated engineer who's been observing them:

Waymo Tests Its Self-Driving Cars In My Town. Here Are The Odd Things I've Seen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

grumpy wrote:
Quote:
The humble Mitsubishi Mirage has none of the hallmarks of a futuristic, environmentally friendly car. It is fuelled by petrol, runs on an internal combustion engine and spews exhaust emissions through a tailpipe.

But when the Mirage is assessed for carbon emissions throughout its entire lifecycle — from procuring the components and fuel, to recycling its parts — it can actually be a greener car than a model by Tesla, the US electric vehicle pioneer.

According to data from the Trancik Lab at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a Tesla Model S P100D saloon driven in the US midwest produces 226 grammes of carbon dioxide (or equivalent) per kilometre over its lifecycle — a significant reduction to the 385g for a luxury 7-series BMW. But the Mirage emits even less, at just 192g.

https://www.ft.com/content/a22ff86e-ba3 ... 9c83ffa852

Fake News! that the FT is engaging it it is particularly sad!

The authors of the very study that the the FT bases the above article on debunk the FT's flawed interpitation of their study.

Quote:
Letters to the Editor
Reality is that most EVs emit less CO2 than petrol cars over their lifetimes
From Jessika Trancik, Geoffrey Supran and Marco Miotti, Trancik Lab, MIT, US

Sir, We are dismayed by how your Big Read article “Green driving’s dirty secret” (November 9) turns the fundamental conclusions of our research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology on their head, giving the public a misleading perspective on electric vehicles.

https://www.ft.com/content/d14b6c8a-c61 ... 2b2cb39656
Quote:
There are three fallacies here. First, Tesla-versus-Mirage is an apples-to-oranges comparison, pitting a luxury, high-power electric model against a subcompact, low-power petrol one. (The article glosses over a fairer comparison — between the Tesla and a BMW 7-series — that shows the Tesla has significantly lower carbon emissions.) Second, even if we entertain this comparison, our research shows that the Mirage’s emissions are lower than the Tesla’s only in carbon-intensive electricity grids like the US Midwest, where electricity production emits roughly 40 per cent more CO2 than the US average, and more than twice as much as many European countries (including the UK). The Tesla/Mirage example is attention grabbing, but belies the reality that most electric cars emit considerably less CO2 over their lifetimes than petrol cars. Third, the article assesses policies “as things stand”. This overlooks the main advantage of replacing petrol with electricity: not only do electric cars usually emit less than petrol ones already, but over time, as the carbon footprint of electricity continues to fall, that gap will widen. Electric cars have the potential to reach climate change mitigation targets that petrol cars simply do not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next