Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:46 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Every industry in Ireland should be regulated into a state duopoly and everyone in Ireland should be awarded a licence in dubious circumstances.

Then everyone can amass a €2.2 bn fortune and fuck off to somewhere nice like Malta to avoid paying tax on it, while jetting in an out to spend time in their various mansions while taking the utmost care not to spend more than 182 nights a year in the country.

Sounds like a plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Its becoming clearer and clearer that the Tiger was a scam perpetrated by a wealthy clique who have made out like bandits on the back of a younger generation who will spend the next 30 years funding their retirement, be it in Malta, Marbella or wherever. Anywhere but here with the rest of us.

The only potential beneficiaries from the proposals outlined by Mr. O'Brien above are members of his own social circle. His solution is for the State, to which he contributes nothing, to pick up the tab on behalf of his mates who were both greedy and stupid enough to believe the hype that was regularly printed about them in the same media outlet in which his article appears above.

What right do they have to lecture any of us about whats good for this country when it is the establishment, of which they are a constituent part, that has cheerleaded us into the current impending financial crisis?

Mr. O'Brien and his cronies are a part of the problem, not the solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:07 am 
Property Magnate

xman wrote:
Every industry in Ireland should be regulated into a state duopoly and everyone in Ireland should be awarded a licence in dubious circumstances.

Then everyone can amass a €2.2 bn fortune and fuck off to somewhere nice like Malta to avoid paying tax on it, while jetting in an out to spend time in their various mansions while taking the utmost care not to spend more than 182 nights a year in the country.

Sounds like a plan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am 
Of Systemic Importance

This article is muck and should be consigned to the toilet where it belongs, period :!:

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Denis, I wish I had the 'confidence and self belief' to go out an borrow a shitload of money and then spend the next 40 years working to pay off some horrible shoebox in the middle of nowhere, to make some other old fart like you a bit richer - but I don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:45 pm 
First Time Buyer

Quote:
Its becoming clearer and clearer that the Tiger was a scam perpetrated by a wealthy clique who have made out like bandits on the back of a younger generation who will spend the next 30 years funding their retirement, be it in Malta, Marbella or wherever. Anywhere but here with the rest of us.

....and they are now looking for one final pay-out before riding off into the sunset for good.

With a lot of weight tbeing thrown behind the concept, is there a real possibility of a bailout? A few months ago I would have thought no, not a chance but the more I read the more I'm starting to get an uncomfortable feeling that it MAY become a reality. It will, of course, be masked as a way of protecting the economic stability of the country against those 'dark' outside forces. Securing the future prosperity of the country for the youunger generation. The usual b&ll%cks.....

And if they DO manage to pull it off it will be the greatest financial stroke in the history of the state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:01 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Penates wrote:
Quote:

....and they are now looking for one final pay-out before riding off into the sunset for good.

With a lot of weight tbeing thrown behind the concept, is there a real possibility of a bailout? A few months ago I would have thought no, not a chance but the more I read the more I'm starting to get an uncomfortable feeling that it MAY become a reality. It will, of course, be masked as a way of protecting the economic stability of the country against those 'dark' outside forces. Securing the future prosperity of the country for the youunger generation. The usual b&ll%cks.....

And if they DO manage to pull it off it will be the greatest financial stroke in the history of the state.

thankfully there is no money in the kitty to fund any such madness

unless they raid the NPRF...could they, would they? :shock:

This has been discussed at length elsewhere.

Brendan

Post subject: Re: It's all about restoring our confidence and self-belief
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:44 am 
Single Home Owner

12 month pay freeze for senior civil servants ? surely not ALL of them though Denis ?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/de ... n-tribunal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:22 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Dennis has really taken a bath on INM shares. I also seem to remember him buying a shed load of BOI shares a few years back. In fact wasn't he chairman at one stage? He had a holding of 4% I think. I wonder did he offload the BOI shares? IF not, then, ouch!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:34 pm 
Property Magnate

cockney rebel wrote:
12 month pay freeze for senior civil servants ? surely not ALL of them though Denis ?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/de ... n-tribunal

This will be the final straw. If the Civil Service was corruptible, then it will lead to a terrible reckoning. According to Sam Smyth in today's Indo, le tout Dublin talks of little else these days. But, like Sherlock Holmes, we need to wait for Moriarty to move first.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 pm 
Nationalised

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank