Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Prudent Preparations for Euro Break Up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

pollydolly wrote:
dkin wrote:
jmc wrote:
You'd better hope the herd is exceptionally well tested then. My mothers sister died from TB transmitted by unpasteurized milk. A very common childhood disease back in the 1940's. As a result when I was a child decades later it was drilled into us that raw milk was never ever to be drunk by children. Any raw milk used was just for adding to tea. I dont think any bug could survive very long in a cup of scalding hot Irish farmhouse tea.

If you have seen just how easy it is for even a very well managed dairy herd to be compromised I see no reason to change that rule.

To be fair the TB eradication programme only started in 1954 before that TB was very common in Irish cattle. The graph only goes to 1959 unfortunately Image

Also sanitation standards have improved massively since then. I am happy to take the risk personally and I don't like the government interfering in my choices in this manner. In most TB cases immune deficiencies play a large role but if you're a healthy adult I consider it low risk. For a human with a bad immune system or a child it's probably riskier but life is much more dangerous in those cases regardless.

Just to throw my tuppence/two lenny's/two cents worth in on this one - I was brought up on a farm and always drank raw milk with no problems at all. I could still drink it if I didn't have a lactose intolerance now. My husband, on the other hand, can't drink it at all as it could potentially make him very ill as he is a city boy and was brought up on pasturised milk. So it seems that if you want to drink raw milk you have to be introduced at a very early age. Obv this is anecdotal rather than scientific.

You fart and shit profusely for about a few days, after that you're back to normal

Access to accurate information means very little in the face of strong convictions; that's one of the massive challenges we face in trying to warn the world that the future of endless technological progress they think they've been promised isn't going to happen: no matter how strong the evidence may be, belief in what amounts to a secular religion of progress trumps it.

John Michael Greer 2012

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:57 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Speaking to a relative in AIB your man Beggs did some kind of video conference thingy saying the chance of A Euro break up are somewhere between 0 and 5%......so that all right then

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 am 
Holiday Home Owner

Thanks people, I have had the bejeebos completely scared out of me but draw some meagre consolation from the fact that I can knit, brew beer and grow veg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 am 
Of Systemic Importance

boomshackala wrote:
You fart and shit profusely for about a few days, after that you're back to normal

Hey hey, go easy with the technical mumbo-jumbo there Poindexter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 am 
Nationalised

Barney Gumble wrote:
boomshackala wrote:

Hey hey, go easy with the technical mumbo-jumbo there Poindexter.
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 am 
Too Big to Fail

dolanbaker wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this, but here's a good enough place. XD

Quote:
The European Union has produced this video to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the euro on the 1st of January 2012.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:-GC

The words 'pork pie' and 'mosque' spring to mind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Homemaker wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put this, but here's a good enough place. XD

Quote:
The European Union has produced this video to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the euro on the 1st of January 2012.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:-GC

The words 'pork pie' and 'mosque' spring to mind

Weird video , the first part looks like it was made by Albert Speer , then it drifts off into how to spot a counterfeit.

I do like the part where it says that on its launch if placed end to end it could have stretched to the moon and back 5 times over . Now we just need to stretch to Mars and back 10 times over .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Just found these on boards.ie

I'm assuming they're made up!
Just look at the serial numbers :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 am 
Of Systemic Importance

nice touch having Olli Rehn's signature!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 am 

dolanbaker wrote:
Just found these on boards.ie

I'm assuming they're made up!
Just look at the serial numbers :lol:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 52523.html

Sean Quinn for the 2.5 billion note

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

They'll need to use a smaller font - you're not getting the necessary number of digits on there with that design.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:17 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Damn it. Emergency stash of chocolate has been decimated. Not very good at the emergency planning.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:28 pm 

Luckily someone has already come up with a list

Quote:
What happens if the money in your pockets is worthless overnight? The future of the Euro is not looking too bright, nor is our relationship with it. Whether it crashes, we leave it or we are asked to leave – it is something worth preparing for. Are you ready for life without the Euro?

Unless you have another form of currency – gold or precious metals, it is not a good time to go shopping. The shops will be swamped with desperate people vying for whatever they can get. People consumed with fears for themselves and their families.

What happens if international trade stops because the credit upon which that trade depends is withdrawn? How will the shops be restocked? What happens if our energy supply cannot be purchased? What will power the electrical grid? Who will the government decide should get the emergency back

--Aldous Huxley, (1894-1963)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 pm 
Single Home Owner

"Plant trees now for a sustainable supply..."

ehhh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

jesus, hardcore survivalists on z hedge
a bit too ott on the knives and guns

The Poor Man’s Guide To Survival Gear

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-pos ... vival-gear

Quote:
If you have enough land to keep them, a half dozen chickens, a half dozen breeding rabbits, and a goat, will produce milk, meat, and eggs daily, providing valuable sustenance, reducing the amount of stored foods you need to use in a day, and reducing the amount of time you have to spend hunting for food in a dangerous collapse environment. Chickens and goats practically feed themselves with whatever is available on your land. Rabbit feed is easy to store, and can also be made at home. These animals are indeed worth their weight in gold.

Seeds are, of course, a currency in and of themselves. Non-GMO seed and strong gardening knowledge will save you and your family. Gardening is not as easy as it seems, however. Extensive practice, trial and error, and an understanding of regional climates will improve your crop yields dramatically.

If you are looking to survive on the cheap and avoid paying thousands of dollars for years worth of freeze dried goods, sustainable food production is the only way to go. Foraging and scavenging is NOT a reliable alternative.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next