Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inflation watch
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:24 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Consumer Price Index, May 2016

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... exmay2016/

% monthly change +0.5%
% annual change 0.0%

Quote:
The most notable changes in the year were increases in Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+5.6%), Education (+3.8%), Restaurants & Hotels (+2.1%) and Health (+1.6%). There were decreases in Transport (-5.3%), Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-3.1%), Communications (-1.2%) and Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverages (-1.1%).

Consumer Prices in May, as measured by the CPI, increased by 0.5% in the month. During May of last year, prices rose by 0.4% in the month. The most significant monthly price changes were increases in Transport (+1.3%) and Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+1.1%). There were decreases in Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco (-0.7%) and Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-0.7%).

Private Rents (table 7)
% monthly change +0.5%
% annual change +9.7%

Local Authority Rents (table 7)
% monthly change 0.0%
% annual change +2.2%

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:38 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Once again these inflation stats leave me confused.
If you are on 30k salary a year and your 600 euro motor insurance premium goes up 35% as reported in the papers you are paying another 210 euro for insurance. If your petrol costs go up 3% and you've been paying €1000 p.a. for fuel then you are only paying 30 euro more.
younger people with less disposable income are really vulnerable to Inflation in Ireland. If it is a cost which affects those of more advanced years it gets tackled but the young working poor get ridden sidewards and I say that as someone who unfortuanately can no longer consider myself in that age cohort. I have to scroll further down the list in online forms to find my age these days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:44 am 
Too Big to Fail

Consumer Price Index, June 2016

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... xjune2016/

% monthly change +0.7%
% annual change +0.4%

Quote:
The most notable changes in the year were increases in Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+5.9%), Education (+3.8%), Restaurants & Hotels (+2.9%) and Health (+2.0%). There were decreases in Transport (-4.0%), Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-3.6%), Clothing & Footwear (-2.7%) and Communications (-1.2%).

Consumer Prices in June, as measured by the CPI, increased by 0.7% in the month. During June of last year, prices rose by 0.3% in the month. The most significant monthly price changes were increases in Transport (+3.6%) and Restaurants & Hotels (+1.2%). There were decreases in Clothing & Footwear (-2.9%) and Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-0.3%).

Private Rents (table 7)
% monthly change +0.5%
% annual change +9.3%

% monthly change +2.4%
% annual change +5.5%

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:47 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Consumer Price Index, July 2016

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... xjuly2016/

% monthly change -0.2%
% annual change +0.5%

Quote:
The most notable changes in the year were increases in Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+6.6%), Education (+3.8%), Restaurants & Hotels (+2.8%) and Health (+1.9%). There were decreases in Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-3.6%), Transport (-3.0%), Communications (-1.5%) and Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & Other Fuels (-1.2%).

Consumer Prices in July, as measured by the CPI, decreased by 0.2% in the month. During July of last year, prices fell by 0.3% in the month. The most significant monthly price changes were decreases in Clothing & Footwear (-6.1%) and Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & Other Fuels (-1.4%). There were increases in Transport (+1.4%) and Restaurants & Hotels (+0.5%).

Private Rents (table 7)
% monthly change +0.9%
% annual change +9.1%

% monthly change +0.0%
% annual change +5.5%

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Appreciate your efforts in tracking stats, but the cost of living in Dublin is going through the roof! Looking at rentals in Dublin makes for horrific viewing. Id say 9% is conservative, although I know that is countrywide. I wonder what it is for Dublin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:16 am 

Is average wage still flat?

btw.. CSO inflation basket is very different from my one.

WTF is going with Insurance costs?

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:57 am 
Under CAB Investigation

mightyz wrote:
WTF is going with Insurance costs?

http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2016/0811 ... last-year/

Costs of insurance are continuing to rise, outpacing by multiples other costs increases, as they have been doing during the last 3 or so years.
The insurance companies have argued that it is due to the large cost awards made by courts.

I kind of agree with them.

We need to have central government remove the ability of judges to award massive costs to people for basic enough injuries.

There is a method available for this.

It really is something that a good government would do. Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Consumer Price Index, August 2016

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... ugust2016/

% monthly change -0.2%
% annual change -0.1%

Quote:
The most notable changes in the year were decreases inTransport (-4.6%), Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-3.8%), Communications(-3.0%) and Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & Other Fuels(-1.5%). There were increases in Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+5.1%), Education (+3.8%), Restaurants & Hotels(+2.5%) and Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco (+1.8%).

Consumer Prices in August, as measured by the CPI, decreased by 0.2% in the month. During August of last year, prices rose by 0.4% in the month. The most significant monthly price changes were decreases in Transport (-1.6%) and Communications (-1.4%). There were increases inClothing & Footwear (+4.8%) and Restaurants & Hotels(+0.2%).

Private Rents (table 7)
% monthly change +0.7%
% annual change +8.9%

% monthly change +0.0%
% annual change +5.5%

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:57 pm 

inflation basket should be calculated differently for different groups:
- young people (18-30)
- middle 31 -45
- old 45-65
- pensioners ( 65+ )

plus there is a difference in regions, which CSO fails to show on all of their publications.

How?
>Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & Other Fuels(-1.5%)

It's all grand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:14 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Consumer Price Index, October 2016

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... tober2016/

% monthly change -0.5%
% annual change -0.3%

Quote:
The most notable changes in the year were decreases in Furnishings, Household Equipment & Routine Household Maintenance (-3.8%), Communications (-2.7%), Clothing & Footwear (-2.6%) and Recreation & Culture (-2.4%). There were increases in Restaurants & Hotels (+2.0%), Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco (+2.0%), Miscellaneous Goods & Services (+1.9%) and Education (+1.6%).

Consumer Prices in October, as measured by the CPI, decreased by 0.5% in the month. During October of last year, prices fell by 0.2% in the month. The most significant monthly price changes were decreases in Miscellaneous Goods & Services (-1.5%) and Clothing & Footwear (-1.4%). There were increases in Education (+1.3%) and Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas & Other Fuels (+0.6%).

Private Rents (table 7)
% monthly change +0.9%
% annual change +10.1%

% monthly change +0.0%
% annual change +3.9%

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:33 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

with the constant reductions in Clothing an Footwear we should all be wearing Haute Couture by now. With the increases in rent/accommodation we may be left with only the shirts or coats on our backs but they should be very fine coats indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:57 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

I just find these figures laughable.
I've stopped buying branded clothes as the prices are nuts...so the fall is being driven by the likes of H&M, New Look selling unbranded clothing?
Branded runners/football boots etc continue to rise too

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:38 pm 

FreeFallin wrote:
I've stopped buying branded clothes as the prices are nuts...so the fall is being driven by the likes of H&M, New Look selling unbranded clothing?

Not only that, the quality is much worse than 10 years ago.

It's all grand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:20 pm 
Real Estate Developer

mightyz wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:

Not only that, the quality is much worse than 10 years ago.

This, i see runners for 100+ in price but with sloppy glue lines clearly visible (used to be stitched)

Probably made by kids being paid $1 a day or something

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:34 pm 
Nationalised

FreeFallin wrote:

Well the basket is made up of what people actually buy (as opposed to what they aspire to) so AFAIK yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next