Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boom times (2016 Special Edition)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

cyrusir wrote:
eugh

more apartments on the n11 do we really need a load of apartments in the suburbs

It's not really all that suburban, is it? There are loads of apartments in the area, and it's walkable into town at a pinch (Google Maps says 50 minutes, but I'd have thought more like 40...) They were never going to be building a bunch of semi-detached houses on this site.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 pm 
Property Magnate

Worstpigeon wrote:
cyrusir wrote:
eugh

more apartments on the n11 do we really need a load of apartments in the suburbs

It's not really all that suburban, is it? There are loads of apartments in the area, and it's walkable into town at a pinch (Google Maps says 50 minutes, but I'd have thought more like 40...) They were never going to be building a bunch of semi-detached houses on this site.

thats why i dont think theres a need for a load more, but anyway given the price of the site there isnt anything else viable

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:50 pm 
Property Magnate

SoCoDu wrote:
By virtue of location, these apartments won't be remotely 'affordable' - they might be similar to Marianella, in terms of being in an expensive location but not aimed at the absolute high-end like Lansdowne Place, i.e. none of the ultra-high end finishes and common areas.

I think Montrose is in a great location. I've lived in multiple homes on adjacent roads and I would choose to live there over Ballsbridge village as the place is just dominated by offices and takeaways - Montrose as a location is far more residential but still in close proximity to Donnybrook village, which is nicer than Ballsbridge IMO.

yes id imagine the apartments will be at the 750k+ mark, maybe more, Cairn appear pretty aggressive on pricing. i have lived there too (on greenfield park) and think its a bit of a nothing location personally but each to their own.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:04 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Fek me, I'm getting old

Dublin teens in three-day queue for €188 Kanye West trainers
Why queue for trainers? They ‘make you feel special’
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consume ... -1.3131520
Quote:
Off school for the summer, a large group of teenagers are using their free time to form a three-day queue to buy the new Yeezy trainers by Kanye West and Adidas.
The teenagers, all male, have been camped outside JD Sports on Henry Street in Dublin’s north inner city since Thursday.
They’ve already slept in their tents overnight once and will do so again on Friday night before the trainers are “dropped”, meaning they go on sale at 2pm on Saturday....
..“They’re cool and they’re rare; there’s only a certain number of them that each shop has. They’re €188.”....
...The shoes are black canvas trainers with a black sole and splash design on the side, the colour of which changes each month and drives demand.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:51 am 
Of Systemic Importance

^^ Trainers? Conor Lally has gone all west-Brit.

They're either runners or sneakers. Something something 1916 something something.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:56 am 
Under CAB Investigation

I'd take trainers before sneakers tbh.

Those teens are likely sitting on a e400-500 profit so not a bad way to spend your idle time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Surely it can't be a coincidence that, at €188 - they're priced exactly the same as the weekly job-seekers allowance?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 pm 
Too Big to Fail

HiFi wrote:
Surely it can't be a coincidence that, at €188 - they're priced exactly the same as the weekly job-seekers allowance?

Teens can't claim job-seekers allowance.

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 am 
Under CAB Investigation

HiFi wrote:

€193 since Leo Varadkar increased it in March :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:46 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

FTBer wrote:
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/relief-for-dublin-commuters-highspeed-bus-corridor-on-cards-35765133.html

As far as I recall this is only the 3rd time in the last decade or so that this plan has been "launched".
:x
Whereas if we'd just done it about 5 years ago when there was less congestion, and more availability of construction workers at lower cost - we'd have been done 2 or 3 years ago.

If we can balls this up - then we will. And boy will we!!
This. Is. Ireland.

yep and where are BRTs or bloody timetables? :-GC

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:19 pm 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
HiFi wrote:

€193 since Leo Varadkar increased it in March :lol:

Fecking Tory :shock: :? :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:58 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

That 26% growth rate – from startled earwigs to stars in our eyes

http://www.irisheconomy.ie/index.php/20 ... -our-eyes/

Good post, though quite long, from Seamus Coffey explaining what caused the 26% GDP figure in 2015 to where we are now

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:16 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

FF calls for tax cuts for developers

http://www.thejournal.ie/poll-developer ... 2-Sep2017/
Quote:
Fianna Fáil have told the Sunday Business Post that Vat rates for developers should be reduced to 9% for three years. Its housing spokesperson Barry Cowen said that levies should also be reduced for builders who build homes immediately.
“The pussy footing is over. There has to be radical measures for a period to allow the sector get back on its feet,” he told the Sunday paper.

Nobody does radical as badly as FF!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:20 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Around my Manor in SCD a lot of dross and stuff that has lingered-long seems to be getting hoovered.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Estate agent gushes:
Valued an apartment today in Dublin 2 for €580k. Sold it for €288k summer 2013. Timing is everything in real estate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank