Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post subject: Cryptos - Alt. Coins
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:48 pm 
Nationalised

Thread for discussion of cryptographic Coins other than Bitcoin.

When to comes to Crypto currencies, Caveat Emptor applies in spades.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject: Re: Cryptos - Alt. Coins
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 pm 
Too Big to Fail

I have a question, WTF is it all about?

Seriously, I'm aware of the $€£ value of Bitcoin and other crypto currencies but all this "mining" talk makes aware that I really haven't a scooby what they're all about.

I have to admit I need a "explain it to me like I'm a seven year old" when it comes to crypto mining.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

How many crypto currencies exist now, and how long before there are more crypto currencies than "real" currencies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:45 pm 
Single Home Owner

the dude wrote:
How many crypto currencies exist now, and how long before there are more crypto currencies than "real" currencies

>1000

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:43 pm 
Speculator

catbear wrote:

Seriously, I'm aware of the $€£ value of Bitcoin and other crypto currencies but all this "mining" talk makes aware that I really haven't a scooby what they're all about.

I have to admit I need a "explain it to me like I'm a seven year old" when it comes to crypto mining.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:18 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

catbear wrote:

The mining aspect is one of the most stupid things about bitcoin. Making a world currency where huge amounts of electricity are wasted to produce nothing of tangible value, which does happen to have some sort of monetary value, but is only enjoyed by China due to their structural advantage of cheap electricity and low costs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 am 
Nationalised

I see Coinbase have now reached 10 Million accounts, one of many exchanges but it's still early days in terms of participants.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am 
Single Home Owner

Only one alt coin that matters - IOTA. I've currently 1888 MIOTA and looking to get that to 2000 but will buy if the price ever goes below 30 cent again. Then play the waiting game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:58 pm 
Nationalised

bubbletrouble wrote:
Only one alt coin that matters - IOTA. I've currently 1888 MIOTA and looking to get that to 2000 but will buy if the price ever goes below 30 cent again. Then play the waiting game.

Pumped enough? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am 
Single Home Owner

Open Window wrote:
bubbletrouble wrote:

Haha - It's worth a small punt I reckon. There is obviously a lot of risks involved but blockchain/tangle tech is the way forward and potentially just as disruptive as electric cars will be in the next decade.

IOTA Market Cap
June 2017 -> $565,747,428
September 2017 -> $1,554,897,035

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm 
Speculator

bubbletrouble wrote:
Open Window wrote:
bubbletrouble wrote:

Haha - It's worth a small punt I reckon. There is obviously a lot of risks involved but blockchain/tangle tech is the way forward and potentially just as disruptive as electric cars will be in the next decade.

IOTA Market Cap
June 2017 -> $565,747,428
September 2017 -> $1,554,897,035

Maybe this forum is not the place to come to if you're pumping a coin. :) Anyway, I agree that IOTA looks to have potential.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 pm 
Single Home Owner

el diablo wrote:
Maybe this forum is not the place to come to if you're pumping a coin. :) Anyway, I agree that IOTA looks to have potential.

Ha, been lurking and registered to this forum for a long long time, was just stating what I have that's all. Tiny bit of Ethereum and SAN also. Anyone can tell it's high risk. Jumping into most stocks at the moment is also risky considering the magical money train. Regulation yet to play a part, government interference etc. I'll pop back in 5 years time to see what the state of play is, maybe there will be blockchain tech version 5.0 at that stage and everything else before it made redundant :) I'll say no more on it, people can make up their own minds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 pm 
Speculator

bubbletrouble wrote:
el diablo wrote:

Ha, been lurking and registered to this forum for a long long time, was just stating what I have that's all. Tiny bit of Ethereum and SAN also. Anyone can tell it's high risk. Jumping into most stocks at the moment is also risky considering the magical money train. Regulation yet to play a part, government interference etc. I'll pop back in 5 years time to see what the state of play is, maybe there will be blockchain tech version 5.0 at that stage and everything else before it made redundant :) I'll say no more on it, people can make up their own minds.

Some smaller alt-coins I'm holding for the medium to long term are: Ripple, Siacoin, Factom, Z Cash, Ethereum Classic, EOS, NEO, IOTA, OMG, ARK, LISK, PIVX etc. As well as some Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. It's all funds I can afford to lose. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 pm 
Nationalised

IOTA is going mad (today alone) along with a few others in the top 10 so you should be doing well if you bought in a few months ago and I hope you bought in the 000's

Including Monero, that's mad big gains since a few months back so if you're in there.

Since all the the alt-coins track Bitcoins trajectory I think they also serve as a good bell weather to the form of the current rally/mania.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 pm 
Single Home Owner

IOTA's being doing very well the last few days since they announced partnership with Microsoft
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cryptoc ... place.html

Dipping a bit today - it seems to have brought any exchanges it's on to their knees earlier.

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank