Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post subject: Re: Cryptos - Alt. Coins
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:13 am 
Nationalised

fuse wrote:
IOTA's being doing very well the last few days since they announced partnership with Microsoft
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cryptoc ... place.html

Dipping a bit today - it seems to have brought any exchanges it's on to their knees earlier.

Yea that was one you saw being heavily pumped on forums with no real sense of what was going on and some people made money on it. Yet it's a token right? Not a coin it's all pre-mined as they say is that correct? It's to be used for machine to machine transactions is that pocket money for Androids to go to the app store?

Is this the trend, demand or supply, to monetise all relational dimensions of life in with transactions logged in a cyberspace blockchain?

Maybe I'm neo-old-fashioned but I like a coin you can at least have a lash at mining. It's more playful, anything else does just seem like a real-old fashioned ponzi scheme.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 pm 
Single Home Owner

fuse wrote:
IOTA's being doing very well the last few days since they announced partnership with Microsoft
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cryptoc ... place.html

Dipping a bit today - it seems to have brought any exchanges it's on to their knees earlier.

From what I've read all the transactions are flowing from the original default nodes and not using any of the other nodes that have been setup since which is being corrected now.

Open Window wrote:
Yea that was one you saw being heavily pumped on forums with no real sense of what was going on and some people made money on it. Yet it's a token right? Not a coin it's all pre-mined as they say is that correct? It's to be used for machine to machine transactions is that pocket money for Androids to go to the app store?

Is this the trend, demand or supply, to monetise all relational dimensions of life in with transactions logged in a cyberspace blockchain?

Yes yes yes yes and yes :D I've seen people discuss why should they give facebook,twitter etc all their data for free, turning from consumers into "prosumers" :lol:

Open Window wrote:
Maybe I'm neo-old-fashioned but I like a coin you can at least have a lash at mining. It's more playful, anything else does just seem like a real-old fashioned ponzi scheme.

With the power costs of Bitcoin I still think mining and all that keeps everything centralised and the miners hold the power/control. Basically anyone that can afford powerful rigs. I'd prefer looking at coins with decent use cases like Cardano, Streamr, IOTA etc. As a part-time musician I'd love to eliminate the middle man like spotify/itunes/amazon/google play/bandcamp etc by setting up a masked direct data stream to consumers via the blockchain/tangle. Micro-transactions that would be way cheaper than the current streaming model setup. Out of the hands of record labels too (who are now part owners of spotify for example).

Or in the property market, no more phantom bids or mortgage brokers, pretty sure Dubai's land registrar are developing a system that would record all local real estate contracts on a blockchain. What about auditors or fund transfer agents - so many jobs where 60-80% of their work disappears with all this tech properly implemented.

It's certainly interesting stuff but the fact there is over 900 alt-coins, dodgy dollar Tethers and hackable exchanges + bitcoin futures now in play - something nasty is going to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:59 pm 
Property Magnate

I think the one of the reasons why Bitcoin is more popular than other cryptocurrencies such as Zcash, IOTA etc. is that the proof-of-work (PoW) concept is much more simpler to understand for the ordinary Joe (once they put their mind to understanding the crypto primitive that underpins the system) than the likes of zkSNARKs (Zcash) and tangle (IOTA).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:25 pm 
Single Home Owner

The whole market bitcoin + alt coin market cap has gone over 600 billion. The dot com bubble burst at about 10 trillion or so? Using that as an event to compare - then this could go balloon upwards for another good few years yet. I'm starting to hear it talked about way more often now (for bitcoin anyway) in my social circles, not people in the tech world. Once I hear the taxi man saying it though...

It will be interesting to see the details of EU anti-laundering and other regulations come into play by 2020 and so.

Bitcoin now for the first time is less than 50% of the total crypto market cap.

Also - Very interesting move here from Bosch Venture Capital arm ->

http://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/ ... 37411.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 am 
Nationalised

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:08 pm 
Speculator

A sea of red today. Maybe some good buying opportunities for some of the smaller alts. Think I'll dump most of my Ripple (got in at $0.16) as I can't see it rising much more in price due to an almost infinite supply of tokens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 pm 
Single Home Owner

Total market cap of all coins has gone from a peak of 832 billion in December to 541 billion currently.

Bitcoin is at 186 billion market cap, 34% of the total cap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 am 
Single Home Owner

Total market cap of all coins now stands at 418 billion.

Bitcoin is at 157 billion market cap, 37% of the total cap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

bubbletrouble wrote:
Total market cap of all coins now stands at 418 billion.

Only 0.5% of global stock markets. HODL!

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank