Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post subject: #ParadisePapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Boom!

Paradise papers the new Panama papers.

The Queen, Wilbur Ross and Bono already implicated.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/series/paradise-papers

Then struts around like it won.”

Post subject: Re: #ParadisePapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm 
Nationalised

... look over here!

Amazing how this story is sprung by the msm of a sunday to, right now, just like that.

Must have been a slow newZZzzzZZzz day/ZZZzzz weekendsZZZZzzzZZZzzzzZZzzz :x :roll:

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:43 pm 
Homeless

The queen, wilbur ross and bono are implicated. Well I never whatever next. It wasn't all that long ago that the queen had herself exempt from tax althogether. One can do what one likes.

As for Bono well the public are lying in wait for next time he pontificates mid gig about where the nations taxes ought to go. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I'll go with Westminster imploding over Hollywood and House of Saud "reshuffle".

Then struts around like it won.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 pm 
IMF'd

I think this is the story, the question is what is being used to distract from this one?

Is there any reason to treat banking havens as anything other than corrupt? And any reason not to cut off all banking ties to them?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Well I had a hunt around the UK papers and news outlets and only the ft.com seemed to be studiously ignoring it - it does come up if you search 'paradise papers'.

I'm not sure much will happen. 'Lord' Ashton gets mentioned and chased by a BBC reporter but given that he's managed to avoid rotting in jail or getting a bullet in his head for his behaviour in Belize I don't think he'll be too discommoded (I use that word carefully - he ran away to the toilet when the BBC guy chased him).

Edit: Corrected fact that I looked up 'panama' rather than 'paradise' and found nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 pm 
Nationalised

Ft is covering it. It's not published on Sunday so a bit slow out of the blocks?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:24 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

This one is weird
https://qz.com/1120731/paradise-papers- ... velations/

Quote:
The queen’s estate, known as the Duchy of Lancaster, said the investments were legal and did not provide her with any tax advantages. The Cayman Islands and Bermuda funds amount to £10 million ($13 million) of the estate’s £519 million ($679 million) in total assets. The duchy also disclosed that it “invests in a fund domiciled in Ireland,” but didn’t provide any details.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Epicurus wrote:
The queen, wilbur ross and bono are implicated. Well I never whatever next. It wasn't all that long ago that the queen had herself exempt from tax althogether. One can do what one likes.

As for Bono well the public are lying in wait for next time he pontificates mid gig about where the nations taxes ought to go. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Public: Hey, Bono, when you gonna pay some bloody tax, eh?

Bono: Someday, bloody someday!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:57 am 
Single Home Owner

Inis Man wrote:
Epicurus wrote:

Public: Hey, Bono, when you gonna pay some bloody tax, eh?

Bono: Someday, bloody someday!

I have a vague recollection of Is it Sir Saint Bob or Saint Sir Bob?? Not really sure saying the night of Live Aid asking people not to go to the pub but to give the money to Live Aid.

The expression I think was "Give us the f£££in' money!!!!

Next time Bono goes all sanctimonious cnut mode, those next to him should paraphrase Sir Saint Bob/Saint Sir Bob and say "Bono pay your fcking taxes!!!!

The Director General of RTE goes into a Dail committee bawling about people not paying a license fee to watch cnuts like Ray Darcy, while facilitating cnuts Miriam, Claire Byrne (per today's Sunday Times) to hide behind companies to reduce the amount of the they pay.

RTE sees no irony either on doing a programme on over crowing in the rental sector while it hoards prime real estate in Dublin 4. Fair City is filmed there and has a set. This baloney could be filmed in Mullingar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 am 
Nationalised

Watched tonight's Panorama about the Paradise papers. Basic summary: "rich people avoid as much tax as legally possible". My reaction: "Yawn! Find me any person who pays more tax than they have to. Change the rules if you don't like them, but for god sake quit bitching about the legal stuff".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 am 
Under CAB Investigation

ps200306 wrote:
Watched tonight's Panorama about the Paradise papers. Basic summary: "rich people avoid as much tax as legally possible". My reaction: "Yawn! Find me any person who pays more tax than they have to. Change the rules if you don't like them, but for god sake quit bitching about the legal stuff".

No. Changing rules is not the solution. Much better for RTE to shame Denis O'Brien and others to admit they are Irish after all not Maltese, never mind what the law allows them get away with. BTW, as Irish taxpayers, how do we find out how many days a year O'Brien spends in Malta?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Open Window wrote:
... look over here!

Amazing how this story is sprung by the msm of a sunday to, right now, just like that.

Must have been a slow newZZzzzZZzz day/ZZZzzz weekendsZZZZzzzZZZzzzzZZzzz :x :roll:

Another one of these multi newspaper investigations. The IT was finding irish interest in the document dump.

Bono buys a shopping centre , how eggsciting

I expect the IT took milk this for a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm 
Nationalised

Inis Man wrote:
ps200306 wrote:

No. Changing rules is not the solution. Much better for RTE to shame Denis O'Brien and others to admit they are Irish after all not Maltese, never mind what the law allows them get away with. BTW, as Irish taxpayers, how do we find out how many days a year O'Brien spends in Malta?

Do you or anyone you know pay into a pension? Should you be reminded that you are Irish and that you could be paying tax on that income instead of funneling it into a tax avoidance vehicle?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:03 pm 
Real Estate Developer

ps200306 wrote:

Only problem there is that the rich people make the rules via their political flunkies. So complaining is the only thing we can do.