PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:18 pm 
Nationalised

Asking 430k in Dec 2013
http://www.collapso.net/Sale-Property/m ... id=2696343

Asking 530k in Sept 2015
http://www.collapso.net/Sale-Property/m ... id=3342398

Now 510k
http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sa ... n-1111969/

"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007

Post subject: Re: 18 Laraghcon, Lucan
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:26 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

I know Laraghcon loves Laraghcon - and it is a nice estate with nice houses etc. - but this is a lot of money for a semi-d. It doesn't have any real potential for extension or remodelling and the garden is tight.

Looking at picture 3, there seems to be a middle room between the living room and the dining area which adjoins the kitchen. What's that room for? Watching television? It must be quite dark/dull as it's in the middle of the house and relies on natural light from other rooms. I'd prefer a second room to be of the garage-conversation variety. For example, this one in Beech Park is four beds plus attic and has a converted garage. Needs work but asking price is 85k less.

I'm probably just biased against the name - which sounds like an American corporation. A similar house to this one (slightly better decor, perhaps) went for 535k earlier this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:53 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Ixelles wrote:
I know Laraghcon loves Laraghcon - and it is a nice estate with nice houses etc. - but this is a lot of money for a semi-d. It doesn't have any real potential for extension or remodelling and the garden is tight.

Looking at picture 3, there seems to be a middle room between the living room and the dining area which adjoins the kitchen. What's that room for? Watching television? It must be quite dark/dull as it's in the middle of the house and relies on natural light from other rooms. I'd prefer a second room to be of the garage-conversation variety. For example, this one in Beech Park is four beds plus attic and has a converted garage. Needs work but asking price is 85k less.

I'm probably just biased against the name - which sounds like an American corporation. A similar house to this one (slightly better decor, perhaps) went for 535k earlier this year.

In fairness its a nice house in a nice estate ...its more a reflection of the poor builds else where that Laraghcon loves Laraghcon ..I did drive around it thinking ..they've done something right here (again relative to other estates) ...I believe traffic in and out and the fact that its Lucan (i believe the Res tried to change it to strawberry beds on time.) are draw backs....I wonder do they say .."i live in lucan" or something else :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Ixelles wrote:
I know Laraghcon loves Laraghcon - and it is a nice estate with nice houses etc. - but this is a lot of money for a semi-d.

I think the majority of people would prefer detached but you can't really hold being a semi-d against it - there are many €1m+ semi-d's and many very beautiful semi-d's.

Ixelles wrote:
It doesn't have any real potential for extension or remodelling and the garden is tight.

At 1800sq feet and 5 bedrooms I doubt many will want to do that much anyway. In a way that's the appeal with it - move in, live happily, no more pouring money into house (I speak from experience).

The back garden being small would be my biggest issue. Also I see a small green outside on streetview but is there anything more substantial for playing on in the estate?

I'm not sure I'd part with €500k for it but I can see the appeal of it, especially at €450/60k ish.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:02 pm 
Too Big to Fail

kennyb3 wrote:
Also I see a small green outside on streetview but is there anything more substantial for playing on in the estate?

Satellite view shows approx 24 acres of landscaped green space.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:03 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Eschatologist wrote:
kennyb3 wrote:
Also I see a small green outside on streetview but is there anything more substantial for playing on in the estate?

Satellite view shows approx 24 acres of landscaped green space.

I see a bigger green now in the middle of the estate thanks - makes it more appealing so.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:34 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

kennyb3 wrote:
Ixelles wrote:
I know Laraghcon loves Laraghcon - and it is a nice estate with nice houses etc. - but this is a lot of money for a semi-d.

I think the majority of people would prefer detached but you can't really hold being a semi-d against it - there are many €1m+ semi-d's and many very beautiful semi-d's.

Ixelles wrote:
It doesn't have any real potential for extension or remodelling and the garden is tight.

At 1800sq feet and 5 bedrooms I doubt many will want to do that much anyway. In a way that's the appeal with it - move in, live happily, no more pouring money into house (I speak from experience).

The back garden being small would be my biggest issue. Also I see a small green outside on streetview but is there anything more substantial for playing on in the estate?

I'm not sure I'd part with €500k for it but I can see the appeal of it, especially at €450/60k ish.

Yeah, I was probably being a bit harsh :)
Actually, I hadn't realised it was 5-bed rather than 4-bed so my comparison with Beech Park was unfair. Probably no major need to expand unless you have a huge family.

St. Catherine's Park has a nice playground and a skate park which might be fairly handy. I still think there's one too many internal wall downstairs. I wonder if the wall between the kitchen and the middle sitting room could be opened up.