Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post subject: Re: Virginia, Seapoint Avenue, Blackrock (-805k, -44.7%)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 pm 
Nationalised

Looks nice.
Is there much traffic noise ?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:39 pm 
Neo Landlord

now 795k, will surely sell at this level,

tenants are out, place has been painted and carpeted, decking has been taken out and garden tidied up.

still has its limitations, not least the parking and potential structural issues but its decent value for the location imo

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-s ... lert_email

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

cyrusir wrote:

tenants are out, place has been painted and carpeted, decking has been taken out and garden tidied up.

still has its limitations, not least the parking and potential structural issues but its decent value for the location imo

What is the gist of the potential structural issue? I recall some mention of it here before but I can't remember/find it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:08 am 
Neo Landlord

AWAAF wrote:
cyrusir wrote:

What is the gist of the potential structural issue? I recall some mention of it here before but I can't remember/find it.

well if you look at it from the side of the road there is a massive crack running down the side of the building

have a gander here

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2984583, ... 56!6m1!1e1

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:47 pm 

cyrusir wrote:
AWAAF wrote:
cyrusir wrote:

well if you look at it from the side of the road there is a massive crack running down the side of the building

have a gander here

Yes I had a look at that today from the footpath opposite as I was nearby. It seemed to have had a bit of repair work done as it doesn't look so prominent but maybe that was the light. From the photos it looks like there are a few strange room layouts upstairs and also to me that car parking arrangement seems like a real pain. Do you leave the gates open and risk people wondering in where they can snoop about unseen? Do you close them each time you come and go even for 5 mins? I presume the traffic has been a big factor in the lack of interest but maybe there is something else. Might try to take a look if I get a chance.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:25 pm 
Neo Landlord

AWAAF wrote:
cyrusir wrote:
AWAAF wrote:
cyrusir wrote:

have a gander here

Yes I had a look at that today from the footpath opposite as I was nearby. It seemed to have had a bit of repair work done as it doesn't look so prominent but maybe that was the light. From the photos it looks like there are a few strange room layouts upstairs and also to me that car parking arrangement seems like a real pain. Do you leave the gates open and risk people wondering in where they can snoop about unseen? Do you close them each time you come and go even for 5 mins? I presume the traffic has been a big factor in the lack of interest but maybe there is something else. Might try to take a look if I get a chance.

yep if you lave the gates open they can just wander into your garden via the steps which isnt great

that said there is something charming about it, i liked it when i viewed it and it was in much worse shape as there were tenants in situ and it was a bit of a mess

itll be a nice home for someone if its sound structurally

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
Single Home Owner

You can install automatic gates for a less than 10k. ( i am going way over to make a point)

a full engineers report and associated permanent repairs should be factored into offers.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:00 pm 
Nationalised

Lovely house.

"Do, or do not; there is no try" -- Yoda

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm 

Gates are automated already I think. Still a pain IMHO unless you can pull up and wait for them to open. Hence my point about whether you leave them open all day and close at night or each time you come and go.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:02 pm 
Neo Landlord

That junction is too busy to be sitting waiting on gates to open unfortunately

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:04 am 

cyrusir wrote:

Probably an issue allright. Hence it is probably open in the am and close at night. That said there are drawings of the revised road layout on the NTA site (I think - they are part of the Merrion Gates proposal) which seem to show that section becoming redundant for traffic from DL direction. The crack is certainly worthy of detailed examination however.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 pm 
Single Home Owner

AWAAF wrote:
cyrusir wrote:

... That said there are drawings of the revised road layout on the NTA site (I think - they are part of the Merrion Gates proposal) which seem to show that section becoming redundant for traffic from DL direction...

That's a very good point, I had a look and confirm and you're right the Merrion Gates public consultation document does show that. My understanding is that electric vehicles will reduce significantly traffic noise at speeds below 40km (above that the noise is mostly wind/drag) so the new owners could be looking at much improved situation in 10 years time.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:18 am 
Single Home Owner

gates if time to open is the issue , perhaps use phone. There are apps to remote gates , doors etc from anywhere in the world..

or even geo fencing....

I guess my point, is when dealing with hundreds of thousand of pounds one needs to look at the best solution, the one that makes you happy and bundle that into the cost. if the deal still looks good, it is a good deal.

If i see a property and it is on a busy road i might say to myself, that will be hard to unload in a down market thus any offer has to be reduced, if i can't get it at that reduced rate it is just not the deal for me. It mean i miss more than i should but i would rather miss out than be the guy stuck with the brick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

Sale Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Neo Landlord

saw that yesterday

the end to a long running saga 8DD