Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Dublin South - Property Price Drops

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 am 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Jan 8, 2011
Posts: 405
Question to mambo

I do not understand where this appears on myhome, but it is hidden in there somewhere. When you put in a price search, south dublin, 1 million minimum, this house does not appear on the myhome list which results. But when you hit the url that you provided in your post, it does appear. Something queer with the myhome search feature?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:20 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Mar 20, 2007
Posts: 8343
glasshouse wrote:
Question to mambo

I do not understand where this appears on myhome, but it is hidden in there somewhere. When you put in a price search, south dublin, 1 million minimum, this house does not appear on the myhome list which results. But when you hit the url that you provided in your post, it does appear. Something queer with the myhome search feature?


Probably related to the fact that it doesn't have "Dublin" in the property name/address?

_________________
"Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide." - Bertie Ahern, 4/July/2004
"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 pm 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Jan 8, 2011
Posts: 405
To Mambo

Thanks you were right -- thanks for that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: May 3, 2011
Posts: 33
i would snap this up but the dosent appear to be a garage for my Bentley lol XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 2195
Location: South Dublin
Sold for €2.9m - €362.5/sqft

71% off 2008 asking price

Full story and history of home available at:
http://dublinestates.blogspot.com/2012/ ... venue.html

_________________
Dublin's Great Estates Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee
User avatar

Joined: May 5, 2011
Posts: 1282
Location: Rentsville
Another house on that road, "Woodburn" (the one that had the old Merc in the garden) is just finishing up a huge renovation/rebuild. Looks pretty impressive. That one sold for €2.6m in 2010.

They've also built another house at the land at the end of their garden fronting on Frascati Park.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Posts: 11685
Location: Multiverse
SoCoDu wrote:
Sold for €2.9m - €362.5/sqft

71% off 2008 asking price

Full story and history of home available at:
http://dublinestates.blogspot.com/2012/ ... venue.html




Landlord wrote:
mr_anderson wrote:
€11,500 x 12 = €138,000 p.a.

@5% yield, this equates to a selling price of €2,760,000.


Selling prices at the very top end of the market are not yield driven.

The rent on this property is approximately 50% of the rent of a 1 bed in Gardiner street (on a square foot basis)

In reality the rent of this type of property is driven by the demand from the corporate sector.

Who else has €11.5k (plus bills of approx 2k) per month to spend on rent.




:x :x :x :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 2195
Location: South Dublin
Conor wrote:
Another house on that road, "Woodburn" (the one that had the old Merc in the garden) is just finishing up a huge renovation/rebuild. Looks pretty impressive. That one sold for €2.6m in 2010.

They've also built another house at the land at the end of their garden fronting on Frascati Park.

I wrote a little about it here:
http://dublinestates.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -2010.html

5th highest price paid in Dublin in 2010 for a home. Bought by a couple and the house in Frascati Park is being built by their parents, who purchased that bit of the site from them straight after their purchase of Woodburn.

_________________
Dublin's Great Estates Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee
User avatar

Joined: May 5, 2011
Posts: 1282
Location: Rentsville
I am earmarking your blog for further reading!

Did your sources tell you what happened to the old white SL that was parked on the lawn of Woodburn for years?
The previous owner wasn't keen to part with it as I know one or two fellow classic enthusiasts who approached him about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Feb 1, 2013
Posts: 488
As soon as I saw the final price of 2.9M my mind immediately flipped back to that guy who said that selling prices at the top of the market are not driven by yield.

It took 2 more years, but the final price proves that yield is one of the most sensible tools.

EAs always try to convinve us that such investment decisions are not valid any more, that people just want to pay for a home. Don't forget that all mortgage decisions will be made on strict investment criteria by the banks. Despite the exhalting of cash buyers, most purchases this year will involve at least SOME mortgage component.

Is sense coming to the market at last?

Just a bit more to the bottom ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 2195
Location: South Dublin
Conor wrote:
Did your sources tell you what happened to the old white SL that was parked on the lawn of Woodburn for years?
The previous owner wasn't keen to part with it as I know one or two fellow classic enthusiasts who approached him about it.
Never really paid attention to the house back then to be honest. Was it one of the old W113's or what? Considering every other SL are a dime a dozen, I'm just guessing! In any case, PMd you.

_________________
Dublin's Great Estates Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee
User avatar

Joined: May 5, 2011
Posts: 1282
Location: Rentsville
'Twas indeed a W113, thanks. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-6.25m, -62.5%)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: Oct 6, 2013
Posts: 25
SoCoDu wrote:
Conor wrote:
Another house on that road, "Woodburn" (the one that had the old Merc in the garden) is just finishing up a huge renovation/rebuild. Looks pretty impressive. That one sold for €2.6m in 2010.

They've also built another house at the land at the end of their garden fronting on Frascati Park.

I wrote a little about it here:
http://dublinestates.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -2010.html

5th highest price paid in Dublin in 2010 for a home. Bought by a couple and the house in Frascati Park is being built by their parents, who purchased that bit of the site from them straight after their purchase of Woodburn.

Woodburn sold/flipped for €3,350k on 7-2-14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 pm 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Jul 27, 2011
Posts: 803
Woodburn has been subject to a really comprehensive renovation over the last two years and has a massive extension tacked onto the side. All directed by Paul Brazil architects who specialise in what I call the 'south county Dublin' look. Not to my taste but I imagine that Mr B won't we lying awake at night worrying about this. Anyway I reckon they spent an absolute minimum of half a million on the refurb, maybe significantly more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Lodge, Sydney Avenue, Blackrock (-7.1m, -71%)
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Feb 21, 2012
Posts: 2195
Location: South Dublin
Sold for €2.9m, now back and redecorated at €4.5m
https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... in/4031446

New owners did a great job toning down the interiors.

_________________
Dublin's Great Estates Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Dublin South - Property Price Drops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com