Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Dublin South - Property Price Drops

Post subject: Re: "Fonthill House" Ballyboden Road, Rathfarnham (-2m, -55.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Landlord wrote:
Slowly but surely I am becoming a cynic :)

Is somebody thinking of making an offer and trying to discourage other?

For this house? You must be mad. I actually like the look of it from the outside. And if you're in the builders trade it would probably not be that bad an investment, if you have A LOT of patience and A LOT of time in your hands (someone single or something like that, looking to re-sell it later). It is a very dark house and the inside distribution is far from ideal. It is enormous and it needs money everywhere, total gutting, heating, plumbing, doors, everything. The garden alone would take huge money to refurb. It is absolutely massive, there's no grass as such, needs leveling and there is a very very old tennis court in awful condition that needs to go. You need a jcb for the garden alone, god only knows how much it would cost to refurb it. There seems to be damp in the house as well. I know nothing about this things, but IMO you would need close to 400k, maybe I'm wrong.

Landlord, was I convincing enough? ;)

Post subject: Re: "Fonthill House" Ballyboden Road, Rathfarnham (-2m, -55.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

puesyo wrote:
Landlord wrote:
Slowly but surely I am becoming a cynic :)

Is somebody thinking of making an offer and trying to discourage other?

For this house? You must be mad. I actually like the look of it from the outside. And if you're in the builders trade it would probably not be that bad an investment, if you have A LOT of patience and A LOT of time in your hands (someone single or something like that, looking to re-sell it later). It is a very dark house and the inside distribution is far from ideal. It is enormous and it needs money everywhere, total gutting, heating, plumbing, doors, everything. The garden alone would take huge money to refurb. It is absolutely massive, there's no grass as such, needs leveling and there is a very very old tennis court in awful condition that needs to go. You need a jcb for the garden alone, god only knows how much it would cost to refurb it. There seems to be damp in the house as well. I know nothing about this things, but IMO you would need close to 400k, maybe I'm wrong.

Landlord, was I convincing enough? ;)

thanks for that, it does explain the total lack of pictures on any of the ads :)

Post subject: Re: "Fonthill House" Ballyboden Road, Rathfarnham (-3m, -83.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 am 

I see this baby is still there for sale... despite the recent pick-up in the SCD market.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 14/1857375

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm 
Homeless

For sale sign gone from the house although it was still for sale on the auctioneers website last night....
I'm strangely interested in this house- big & large site- but there are serious negatives associated with it- price, house next door is a creche, back wall is onto a green, LA housing a few 100m down the road, busy road, looks like it will need a decent piece of work

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm 

Craven Lodge wrote:
For sale sign gone from the house although it was still for sale on the auctioneers website last night....
I'm strangely interested in this house- big & large site- but there are serious negatives associated with it- price, house next door is a creche, back wall is onto a green, LA housing a few 100m down the road, busy road, looks like it will need a decent piece of work

Have you viewed it? It's a real money pit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm 
First Time Buyer

puesyo wrote:
Craven Lodge wrote:

Have you viewed it? It's a real money pit.

I'm sure if you ring the EA for a viewing he tell you that "it's under negotiation"!
This property has been under negotiation for at least a year now if not longer.
Friend ran up last year looking for a viewing the the EA didn't want to entertain him at all.
Just said under negotiation and hung up! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 pm 

In my experience, this agent tends to have more than his fair share of straNge properties - or at least some not very motivated sellers..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 am 
Back Home with Mammy

SOLD!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 am 
Homeless

Bob, can we take it you bought it so? I can't find any mention of it being sold. I personally thought Puesyo was the buyer. I also rang up on this house a year or so ago and was told it was sale agreed. Care to tell us what the delay was. Congrats if it was you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:49 am 
Back Home with Mammy

Mystified wrote:
Bob, can we take it you bought it so? I can't find any mention of it being sold. I personally thought Puesyo was the buyer. I also rang up on this house a year or so ago and was told it was sale agreed. Care to tell us what the delay was. Congrats if it was you

God no, it wasn't me.

I rang the EA and was told it was SOLD!!!.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 pm 

Mystified wrote:

Not me. Still (unsuccessfully) in the market

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:17 pm 

When I said it was a total dump, I actually thought that, believe it or not. The buyer can make a nice place out of this if they have 300k to shell out

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 pm 

Only took 5 years (or more) to sell. There's certainly a lot you can do with the house if you have the cash to spend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:56 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

OH! Dropped another 50 quid.. that's a tenner per year since 2012 and I can't see it on the ppr back then either, unless my phone is acting up:)

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... 14/1857375

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Dublin South - Property Price Drops