Post subject: 4 bed house, Ashbrook, Clontarf [-200, -9%]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:20 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:
History
date event
31st Mar 2008

* Price changed: from '€2,200 monthly' to '€2,000 monthly'
* Subtitle changed: 4 bedrooms, bedrooms (2 single, 2 double), 2 bathrooms, furnished
* Brief Description changed: Available Now - Detached corner house in this quiet cul-de-sac in small mature development just off the Howth Road. Situated a short distance away from every amenity imaginable, and just 10 mins walk from Killester Dart station a short walk from Clontarf Village and the Coast Road. The accommodation is bright and well presented. On the ground floor there is a spacious en... entrance hall, living room with open gas fire and double doors to dining room, fully fitted eat-in kitchen guest wc Upstairs there are two double and two single bedrooms (master en-suite) and a main bathroom with corner bath. Cobble lock driveway with off street parking. Garden front and rear. Availa...

25th Mar 2008

* Initial entry found.

http://www.daft.ie/27867

Post subject: Re: 4 bed house, Ashbrook, Clontarf [-200, -9%]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Does anyone know if Ashbrook is Clontarf or Killester, for schools purposes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

It is in the Killester Parish

On the wrong side of the Howth Road

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:05 pm 
Single Home Owner

It is not even close to being in Clontarf, but I admire the attempt.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

evilcart wrote:
It is not even close to being in Clontarf, but I admire the attempt.

To be fair, it is very very close.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:13 pm 
Migrant

Ashbrook is definitely Clontarf.

Ashbrook is within the St Anthony's, Clontarf parish which is one of the 3 Clontarf parishes that maps directly to the Clontarf primary schools of Belgrove Boys/Girls schools.

I know this because I previously lived in Ashbrook and sent my kids to Belgrove and part of the application process consists of being from one of the 3 parishes of Clontarf which it obviously is. At the time I also double-checked with St Anthony's parish itself. Not to mention, if you look at a map it is clearly in Clontarf.

One of the other posters mentioned "the wrong side of the Howth road" - this is incorrect information - there is actually a train bridge (just past Glaslyn apartments/Harry Byrnes pub) if you are going towards town/Fairview that is a cut-off for being In or Out of the St. Anthony's parish . Anything that is within the train line/tracks is mapped to St Anthony's Clontarf and Belgrove school Clontarf.

The St Anthony's website explains where the parish cut-off is on their website if you would like further information.

What this means is that the bottom part of the Howth road, including all of the estates and roads that lead off it are not actually in the St Anthony's parish in Clontarf. What this means is that Copeland Road, Mount Temple School, Copeland Avenue, Charlemount Road, are in a different parish in Marino together with the bottom part of the howth road past the train bridge.

You will notice a drop in property values past this bridge as a result. In fact, it does seem that a big driver of house prices in Clontarf is whether a house is in Clontarf AND mapped to Belgrove school or whether a house is just in Clontarf.

Ashbrook is in Clontarf AND mapped to Belgrove school so is sought after...