Follow, retweet @dailypinster




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:33 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 264
I like this idea. The way the site is set up works nicely for long term posters who have at least scanned at some point most of what's on the site already and probably depend mainly on the latest posts page. But for new users and especially those who don't intend to become active pinsters and are just looking for some general advice on property or opinions on a particular WIW.

I feel like I want to tell them to read National Debt, End game in Europe and Long Term Value of Irish property... So maybe even having a link for 'thinking of buying and looking for advice - here are some topics you might find useful' link?

_________________
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones. "
Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 22461
Duly noted.

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jun 23, 2006
Posts: 22471
Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
Blindjustice BATONEFFECT wrote:
THE Key Thread
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=31710

askaboutmoney.com and the thread is from the good old days of 2006 :)
hat tip to Miju :)


Sweet mother o'jiminy!!! You need to read this thread again BBJ!!!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28732

_________________
People change. Hairstyles change. Interest rates fluctuate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:06 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Nov 6, 2006
Posts: 8502
Location: Australia
The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
Blindjustice BATONEFFECT wrote:
THE Key Thread
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=31710

askaboutmoney.com and the thread is from the good old days of 2006 :)
hat tip to Miju :)


Sweet mother o'jiminy!!! You need to read this thread again BBJ!!!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28732



quite right! fixed!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jan 2, 2008
Posts: 1529
2009 Bah!

ixus wrote:
I would really like to see an education forum.

There are so many great posts/threads/topics lost in the depths of the Central Bank. What if there was an education button (like the report one) whereby a reader could nominate a certain post/thread to be moved/reproduced in the education forum?

This way, readers with little knowledge of various topics i.e. derivatives/political theory could have improved access to the aforementioned. The education forum could possibly be broken down into economics/political theory/derivatives etc.

Also, educational articles could be reproduced in these subforums.

It could help de knowledge economy.

_________________
“Never play chess with a pigeon.
The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over.
Then shits all over the board.
Then struts around like it won.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:49 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Jun 28, 2011
Posts: 264
on improving the site;

You see a lot of +1s out there, but rarely more than one person doing it for a particular comment. Might be good if there was a +1 button, and displayed at each comment there was the number of times it has bee '+1'ed (and a link to see a list of who they were). This might help to give a sense of consensus as threads reach their natural conclusion.

There are a couple of people who's comments i find worth reading. It'd be nice if there was some way of checking to see any new comments from those people when i log in.

_________________
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones. "
Keynes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jul 26, 2009
Posts: 14797
Banks, how solid? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4609


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:22 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Sep 14, 2009
Posts: 2002
Objective Investor wrote:
on improving the site;

You see a lot of +1s out there, but rarely more than one person doing it for a particular comment. Might be good if there was a +1 button, and displayed at each comment there was the number of times it has bee '+1'ed (and a link to see a list of who they were). This might help to give a sense of consensus as threads reach their natural conclusion.

There are a couple of people who's comments i find worth reading. It'd be nice if there was some way of checking to see any new comments from those people when i log in.

+1 :lol:

Here's a link to something that could work:
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/thanks_for_posts/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:57 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Nov 8, 2006
Posts: 2647
Location: New Zealand
Personally I've always felt that in its quiet understated way that this thread - from the month prior to the Guarantee, clearly showing that Ireland was heading for a credit deflation cycle with all the inevitable consequences for the solvency of the Irish banks that that would entail - is one of the more important ones in the history of the Pin, whose implications are still not fully grasped by 99% of people.

_________________
Day by day, the penguins steal my sanity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 am 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11385
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
+1. The Pin at it's best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 22461
Sidewinder wrote:
Personally I've always felt that in its quiet understated way that this thread - from the month prior to the Guarantee, clearly showing that Ireland was heading for a credit deflation cycle with all the inevitable consequences for the solvency of the Irish banks that that would entail - is one of the more important ones in the history of the Pin, whose implications are still not fully grasped by 99% of people.


Like the air being sucked out of the room before the..... Image

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key Threads
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jun 16, 2007
Posts: 2616
Location: Oighearland
two threads concerning Quinn in 2008

Financial regulator escorted off of the site of quinn insurance (Aug 2008) , the shock horror if they were to find a third of the premiums missing!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12955&hilit=regulator+quinn+escorted

Dec 2008 what the quinn family investment in anglo was worth

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16874&hilit=regulator+quinn+escorted&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16874&hilit=regulator+quinn+escorted

_________________
advice to future unemployed TDs at the next general election: dont look at it as a failure, see it as an opportunity to 'upskill'.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com