Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11983 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 799  Next
 Post subject: Bubble Radio / TV: Give advance notice here!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:40 pm 
Nationalised

Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
What it says on the tin.

You hear of something good upcoming, let us know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm 
Nationalised

Hey where are all ther old posts from the Matt Cooper sticky7, did you not just rename it? ALl those links :(

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:52 pm 
Nationalised

Open Window wrote:
Hey where are all ther old posts from the Matt Cooper sticky7, did you not just rename it? ALl those links :(

The thread is still around.

I don't remember any links.

I thought it was cleaner this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:24 pm 
Nationalised

Allegedly ( I havent heard yet) they were on about the quality of property built here in the past few years on the Matt Cooper Show around 5.45pm today

Post subject: New series of Househunters tonight on RTE1
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:59 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Starts at 8.30pm don't know when it was made, and I think it used to be sponsored by a mortgage company but might be worth a look

Post subject: Re: New series of Househunters tonight on RTE1
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:16 pm 
Nationalised

discostu wrote:
Starts at 8.30pm don't know when it was made, and I think it used to be sponsored by a mortgage company but might be worth a look

I think I caught a bit of that. Uh oh, scary telly, shouldn't be on so early think of the kids!Young woman bought a place in Herbeton, near Fatima Mansions (? any one got any prioce drops, jesus I felt paniced as she handed over the cheque, oh the humanity) for around 370K won't get the place till 2008!!!! :? Yet another SFRARTGOPL (Single Female Renting A Room To Get On Property Ladder, perhpas we could call these group Single White Females) SWF.

Looks like the Show was recorded either summer 06 or in the last 2 months. Seemingly its a changed market ;) I didn't get it all to understand what they were implying.

Terrible programe, the advice is rubbish, the presentors are brutal (I've watched it before) your wan with the black hair and posh accent is hopeless, I mean all she does is go around opening wardrobes & doors. How fucking hard is that! I wonder are property presenters rank beside EA & the rest ;)

Heres the link anyway

http://www.rte.ie/tv/househunters/

To paraphrase the Chap on the left (see link) in tonights programe (09.05.07) "you wouldn't notice the extra 5K on the mortgage" when advising on what to offer 365K or 370K (the asking price) "we've been told by the EA that 370K will take it off the market...." what the feck does that mean! An absolute disaster of a human being, I'm sorry but how do these people get jobs in RTE, its like its policy to hire airheads.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:25 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

They parade a single FTB who somehow has an unexplained source of 400k to spend, in my view a wealthy high earning individual who is a tiny minority of the FTB demographic can afford a sum of money like that.

I thought the 'professional investor' chap was hilarious.

He says FTB's have been 'holding back' for a year and its time they came back.
Nothing mentioned about affordability and as if they all won the lotto or something and they'll all come back like the seven dwarfs singing hi-hi hi-ho off to buy we go!

Message of that programme is that there will always be someone foolish enough to part with big sums of money without doing any level headed research and those presenters were hardly 'advising'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:08 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:

Message of that programme is that there will always be someone foolish enough to part with big sums of money without doing any level headed research and those presenters were hardly 'advising'!

This sums it up in a nutshell.
Another little ftb to the slaughter and to kill it all it wasn't even her money to part with in the first place....
And it all actually has to be paid back with interest....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:19 am 
Nationalised

The best part was when they were looking around some fixer-upper in Crumlin and literally the bastard said...

"And in a few years you can do an equity withdrawal and do up the place properly..."

!!!

:shock:

What a feckin' cheeky bastard!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:47 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Hey TUG, some excellent material here for that docu-movie.
Any idea who's for the assistant editors job?

I'd recommend Comical for "lighting" now that he's removed the blinkers :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

There is a live webchat with the woman from the househunters show at 1pm today. I wonder will many bearish questions be allowed.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/househunters/webchat.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:12 am 
Neo Landlord

Is it possible to actually view the show - is there a link anywhere

Post subject: Re: New series of Househunters tonight on RTE1
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:33 am 
Single Home Owner

[quote="Open Window" Looks like the Show was recorded either summer 06 or in the last 2 months. Seemingly its a changed market ;) I didn't get it all to understand what they were implying. [/quote]

I watched it all and still couldn't get it! I think the house viewing/buying segments were filmed last Summer but the intro link was filmed in the last few weeks cos the very irritating woman said at the start that it was a buyers market and be sure to bid under the asking price, then a classic from the guy "it only takes one bidder to buy a house" whilst nodding sagely at the camera. RTE reassuring those folk who cant sell their houses. They also claimed that its only the second hand market thats slowing down. Then the "investor" told the buyer to bid at full whackon a house with its back yard converted into a bathroom :shock: . That poor feckless buyer ended up spending all that money (€395k)on a place that won't be ready til June 2008 :shock: Wonder what it will be worth by then? They're still looking for buyers to take part in the show- any takers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:17 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

The advice so far on the House Hunters web chat is buy, buy, buy!

Bye. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:

Mary: Do you think that the property market could crash?
Liz: No... I don't think any government can afford to let that happen. A levelling off is what we are seeing.

What kind of bullshit is this?
Liz, the government lost complete control of the property market years and years ago and thats why we have 330,000 empty houses blighting the countryside
Its the biggest waste of resources by far by any government in the history of the state and if the government failed to control the market on the way up they haven't an asses roar hope of controlling it now that it's in freefall.
Please refrain giving bullshit advice to innocent ftbs that actually believe that you have a clue what your talking about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11983 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 799  Next