Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aw, Jebus, Isabel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 am 
Old Time Landlord

Wow, definite nasty vibe to that one alright. I actually felt genuinely insulted there, the same way I do when people who cycle everywhere are always portrayed as losers in the media aswell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:
So, who is renting now and why?

And there’s the cautious few, who have been sitting on the property fence for so long now that they have entirely lost their nerve, so busy are they, chasing the bottom of the market.

Renting instead of buying a mortgage??
The nerve of them, Izzy.
How very dare they! :shock:

Last edited by Inis Man on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:39 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

After all the abuse that that 'pin has given her she is entitled to a swipe at us.
Take on the chin and quit your cribbing.

Ohi Isabel, I've not lost my nerve, nor my shirt, nor my savings nor am I underwater - I chose not to buy as I have not found value.
How do you like them apples?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:13 am 
Old Time Landlord

Passive aggressiveness this week, is it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 am 
Too Big to Fail

I haven't bothered reading the document on renting but ... I rent.

I would like to buy but the compromises I was willing to make aged 30 are not the same compromises I'm willing to make now. I didn't really hang around chasing the bottom - I'm chasing a house I like in an area I like at a price which won't bankrupt me. I'm not even talking about a house in South County Dublin either.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I will probably not buy until I retire and then, it will possibly be an apartment. Is this deliberate on my part? No. There is a cohort of people in this country who systematically priced me out of the market during my younger years who are now complaining that I haven't bought.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:12 pm 
Too Big to Fail

There isn't a single property I could have bought in my 6 years renting in Dublin that hasn't fallen more in price than the sum total of my rent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Larry wrote:
There isn't a single property I could have bought in my 6 years renting in Dublin that hasn't fallen more in price than the sum total of my rent.

Where's the noble romantic in you Larry that understands that buying property is more than about the money? It's owning something. It's being able to put in your picture holes. Able to put that grey kitchen in. Able to belong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:41 pm 
Nationalised

Larry wrote:

+1. I saved my hole off for well over ten years. Now that I could comfortably afford to buy most houses I want for cash, I just don't feel like it any more. Instead I think I'm going to give up work, go on five holidays a year plus forty more weeks on holiday at home. I will wave two fingers to the still way overpriced dross that is the Irish housing market. And as a welcome side effect I also am going to stop paying tax toward propping up this government's sociopathic policies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 am 
Property Magnate

ps200306 wrote:
Instead I think I'm going to give up work, go on five holidays a year plus forty more weeks on holiday at home. I will wave two fingers to the still way overpriced dross that is the Irish housing market. And as a welcome side effect I also am going to stop paying tax toward propping up this government's sociopathic policies.

I hear yeah. I think that feeling is the definitive 'sign of impending communism'. Hard working folk driven to the point of despair, and giving up the ghost.

So we've reached that crescendo. Tune in, turn off and drop out. That thread could be shut already.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:39 am 
Too Big to Fail

grumpy wrote:
She's just a troll.

This is pretty much how I imagined her...

..in real life living under a bridge.

(and yes, that is an actual VW Beetle in her left hand..)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:56 am 
Property Magnate

Calina wrote:
Is this deliberate on my part? No. There is a cohort of people in this country who systematically priced me out of the market during my younger years who are now complaining that I haven't bought.

+1000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:30 pm 
Nationalised

I say, it is a bit previous trying to infer a cycle from Isabels rantings and ravings Banjo The thought of calling it a 'Dinner Party' with that thing present is repulsive. A "Nutrionally Fortified Ordeal" perhaps.???? :D

You'll know there is a recovery when she can recommend the precise yankee candle for staging each downstairs room and the thing sells despite her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:43 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Isobel - buy property you losers

Quote:
So now, those who rely entirely on having to borrow money in order to buy property will have to stay bobbing up and down out at sea and wait, as there will be a considerable time lag before Irish banks realise what is happening and see fit to start lending again.

No doubt, that the time will come again, when we will recount the dramas of the Celtic catastrophe to our children and grandchildren and either pat ourselves on the back for being clever enough to have had the nerve to buy property at a time when nobody else would dare, or berate ourselves for not having done so.

History will repeat itself, as it always does and memories fade.

Like those of us, who are old enough, and once looked back to the 1980s and wondered why we hadn’t invested more in property then, when prices were so low, forgetting totally, that at the time, banks were slow to lend and when they did, they charged exorbitant interest rates.

And before you shower me with abuse and complain that I am actively encouraging people to invest in Irish property during the worst recession in living memory, let me assure you that I am doing nothing more than reminding people of the tides of life and how you can swim with or against the currents.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro ... 37394.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:51 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:
as there will be a considerable time lag before Irish banks realise what is happening and see fit to start lending again.

Why would a bank start lending with 15% unemployment and a government that have effectively introduced non-recourse mortgages?

Her swimming against the tide blather is just Ballsy O'Connor rehashed for 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:36 am 
Real Estate Developer

Strange column from Isabel this week. On the one hand the header is this:

Quote:
There are days when the boom seems back, says ISABEL MORTON

But the article more cautious. Poor Issie really, really wants to believe that the boom is back, but pesky things like hard evidence and speaking to real people are spoiling the fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next