Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aw, Jebus, Isabel
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 am 
Too Big to Fail

Is it time for pinsters to start ignoring the irrelevant writings of Isabel and leave her to disappear up her own chocolate starfish?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 am 
Speculator

Her articles are bizarre not just for the content but because they're so utterly pointless, I dont recall seeing such fluff in any other paper no matter how bad a rag, they just seem to have no purpose whatsoever other than to get a laugh on the Pin, they just dont seem like the kind of thing that makes it into a paper anywhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:21 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Don't think the article are there to be taken seriously, they're kind of fan-girl op-ed sort of pieces. Have to laugh at bits like these:
Quote:
Another couple, more concerned about the size of the garden than the house, had a substantial deposit saved and a mortgage broker working on their behalf. “It’s actually cheaper now to buy than to rent and, anyway, we’re sick of paying someone else’s mortgage,” one said.

NWL has already been on to Izzie requesting her source!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm 
IMF'd

NegativeEquity wrote:
Is it time for pinsters to start ignoring the irrelevant writings of Isabel and leave her to disappear up her own chocolate starfish?

It was that time five years ago :lol:

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

On the subject of chocolate, I bought a pain au chocolat lately and microwaved it for 30 seconds to attain optimal thermal compatibility with my coffee.

Unfortunately this proved too long as the resultant inner liquid chocolately goo had attained temperatures hotter than the inside of the sun.

I'm pretty sure it could have melted down through multiple floors of my building, just like the acid/blood in Alien spaceship.

So next time I will give the bastard 20 seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:16 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

xman wrote:
On the subject of chocolate, I bought a pain au chocolat lately and microwaved it for 30 seconds to attain optimal thermal compatibility with my coffee.

Unfortunately this proved too long as the resultant inner liquid chocolately goo had attained temperatures hotter than the inside of the sun.

I'm pretty sure it could have melted down through multiple floors of my building, just like the acid/blood in Alien spaceship.

So next time I will give the bastard 20 seconds.

i've been down that road too my friend!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 pm 
Neo Landlord

NegativeEquity wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:35 am 
Nationalised

I know this ole thread has been quiet since July 2012 because July 2012 was:

1. When the Irish Times finally got rid of Isabel.
2. When the property morkesh in S Dublin finally bottomed out. Not a co incidence either. :D

The reason I bumped the thread was to celebrate Isabels Irish Times ravings from March 2009, precisely 5 years ago this week.

http://quotesfromthebubble.blogspot.ie/ ... mnist.html

Quote:
"MANY HAVE hinted at it over the last couple of weeks, but I’m just going to say it: THE PROPERTY MARKET HAS REACHED THE BOTTOM!"

Note: The following month saw the biggest price drops since records began

As the Dublin morkesh has only ever prospered when Isabel did NOT have a weekly column in the Times I think I can safely say that we have seen the back of the silly bint, for ever. And yet I sort of miss her inane prattle and ravings so I do. :)

What happened to her since the Times gave her the toe in 2012 ????

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm 
Homeless

Allegedly, Isabel is selling her house at the moment, but is possibly seeing the death of aspirations by significant drops in the price. That said, careless talk costs lives, and loose lips sink ships, and while bygones should be bygones, but never really are, it's now possibly time for erstwhile boomtime buyers who pitched their deposits to the roar of an affirming media against hugely talked up and overvalued houses back in the days to now use a German word that our real ruler Angela would be all too familiar with - schadenfreude. Give us an S, give us a C...

Isabel might just be feeling a bit of a Bourke...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:18 am 
Of Systemic Importance

honemopog wrote:
Allegedly, Isabel is selling her house at the moment, but is possibly seeing the death of aspirations by significant drops in the price. That said, careless talk costs lives, and loose lips sink ships, and while bygones should be bygones, but never really are, it's now possibly time for erstwhile boomtime buyers who pitched their deposits to the roar of an affirming media against hugely talked up and overvalued houses back in the days to now use a German word that our real ruler Angela would be all too familiar with - schadenfreude. Give us an S, give us a C...

Isabel might just be feeling a bit of a Bourke...

I'd actually forgotten about the whatever she is.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:00 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Quote:
"We all got such a fright last year, that we huddled up in the far corner of the field waiting for the sheepdog to herd us towards the gate. Well the property gate is open again. Not quite as wide open as it had been before, but open nevertheless. So let's get moving. You can never buy at the wrong time."

You can never buy at the wrong time - hahah thats just the funniest thing I have ever read (in the IT) Wonder did anyone actually buy a gaff based on that article in 2008?
Wonder how that worked out for them. :lol:

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
—Hunter S Thompson-The Great Shark Hunt, 1979

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:18 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Rimbaud wrote:
Quote:
"We all got such a fright last year, that we huddled up in the far corner of the field waiting for the sheepdog to herd us towards the gate. Well the property gate is open again. Not quite as wide open as it had been before, but open nevertheless. So let's get moving. You can never buy at the wrong time."

You can never buy at the wrong time - hahah thats just the funniest thing I have ever read (in the IT) Wonder did anyone actually buy a gaff based on that article in 2008?
Wonder how that worked out for them. :lol:

Well here's a story from the Courts over on AAM about someone who did buy in 2008
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/wh ... 340/page-7
So it didn't work out for this borrower...but maybe Isabel could see the bigger picture. After all, the borrower in question here is still in the gaff despite watching the arrears wrack up...certainly beats renting!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Isabel bought in late 2000, so despite having suffered some price drops so far - I imagine she will not be doing too badly when she eventually finds a buyer for that palatial, near-3million euro South County Dublin pile of hers. Believe she bought off-market at the time so can't confirm what she paid.

On the matter of her writing, I've never actually seen this thread before and am astounded to see a 71 page thread devoted to one woman (she must be honoured!), I'm glad in many ways that she wrote for the IT. Would our paper of record be complete without the musings of a property-engrossed South Dublinite who was very much in the middle of all the madness? Her writing gives good insight into the excesses of the period and follows through the whole way from the height to its ultimate demise and self-destruction. It will certainly make interesting reading for historians in decades to come!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:29 am 
Nationalised

SoCoDu wrote:
Would our paper of record be complete without the musings of a property-engrossed South Dublinite who was very much in the middle of all the madness?

SoCoDu, you are Isabel Morton and I claim my five pounds.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:01 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

mr_anderson wrote:
SoCoDu wrote:
Would our paper of record be complete without the musings of a property-engrossed South Dublinite who was very much in the middle of all the madness?

SoCoDu, you are Isabel Morton and I claim my five pounds.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next