Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
 Post subject: Re: Aw, Jebus, Isabel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:07 am 
Nationalised

2Pack wrote:
As the Dublin morkesh has only ever prospered when Isabel did NOT have a weekly column in the Times I think I can safely say that we have seen the back of the silly bint, for ever. And yet I sort of miss her inane prattle and ravings so I do. :)

I dozed off earlier on the couch and just woke up in a cold sweat followed by a blinding flash of inspiration. We really do need to do something about rampant house price inflation, but what exactly???

Bring Back the structurally countercylic Izzy ranting in the Times. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 am 
Too Big to Fail

Damn you 2Pack. Now look what you made me do.

Quote:
Downsizing? Don’t expect your children to take the furniture

It isn’t just about moving house but about moving on

The same removal company was called back to provide a revised quote, which thankfully, was half the original price. But more importantly, my DIY packing system meant that I could easily put my hand on the “small stuff”, which made our temporarily nomadic lives more bearable. In the end of the day none of the furniture made it across the Irish sea. Practicality won out over sentimentality. Downsizing isn’t just about moving house, but about moving on. I’m not quite there yet, but I’m working on it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl ... -1.2934213

The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:13 pm 
Speculator

At 59, she seems a bit young to be downsizing.

The house was originally bought in 2001:

Thu, Sep 27, 2001

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl ... t-1.329307

Quote:
A place to return to after the hunt

Interior designers' homes often end up as showcases for their talents, even if they're not going to be on view. Anyone familiar with Isabel Morton's passion for period houses and her dramatic use of colour will expect an eye-catching restoration. They won't be disappointed.

Isabel and her husband John Bourke work together in the family business of restoring and decorating period houses. Their newly-acquired house in Glenageary - a Victorian three-storey house - while strictly a family home has been given the "Morton-Bourke" treatment.

Isabel and John had lived in their previous house for almost a quarter of a century, extending it "like an elastic band" as the children grew.

They moved into the 19th century house last December, after a seven-year hunt for the perfect home. It had to be in the Dun Laoghaire area, so the children would keep their friends and local business contacts could continue.

Its sale is covered here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63907&p=894003&p894003

It was originally for sale in 2014 at €3,950,000. Her friends at the Irish Times did not mention her name when they wrote their puff piece.

Thu, May 8, 2014

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl ... -1.1786754

Quote:
Victorian grandeur for €3.95m

Langara is a five-bedroom house in Glengageary that comes with a two-bedroom mews

ince it was built 150 years ago the various owners of Langara, on Lower Glenageary Road in Co Dublin have maintained its fine period features, updating and modernising without losing the house’s sense of period grandeur.

The five-bedroom 438 sq m (4,715 sq ft) house with elegant reception rooms and an attached mews on .6 acre is for sale through Sherry FitzGerald for €3.95 million.

Its interior decoration and style make it stand out with every detail, from the specially commissioned murals in the hallway and the rich colour schemes in the grand reception rooms to the French country-style inspired kitchen and marble finished en suites. New owners will be hard pressed to think of anything to change when it comes to décor.

At hall level there are four rooms, two grand drawingrooms on one side of the hall and a formal diningroom and study on the other.

Its sale was registered on 29/09/2016 for €2,275,000, a drop of 42.4% on the original asking price

The full house brochure is still available at:

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/files/Reapit/H ... 000823.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:29 pm 
Speculator

Good old Isabel, my username is an anagrammatical tribute to her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:17 pm 
Speculator

I had not spotted than. Well done.

You could play Isabel Morton Countdown. There is a very good selection of letters:

Boom Entrails
Orbital Omens
Bestial Moron
Snootier Balm
Terminal Boos
Latrine Bosom
Lesbian Motor
Be Soil Matron
So Bile Matron
Nil Boom Tears
Alerts In Boom
Embroil A Snot
Lame Snob Trio
Me Robot Snail
Loon Bites Arm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72