Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: What they said, when they said it. Quotes from VIs.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:54 pm 
Nationalised

Open Window wrote:
bedsit wrote:
In an article in the Indo today entitled Nama to build 20,000 houses by 2020 the finance minister is quoted as saying:
"The property model was now probably irretrievably damaged. However, Mr Noonan ruled out simply giving property developers tax breaks, as is being lobbied for by the construction industry."

He further goes on to say:
"What worries me is I was here in the '90s and I contributed to the debates on three Bacon reports. Every one of them was to solve a supply problem in the market and take overheating out of the market. And every time the State intervened, it got worse."

Yet he is happy to meddle with the CB rules - Noonan wants Central Bank to review mortgage caps for first-time buyers

I told yis before Noonan is a Gemini. This is what you have to expect.

Two Ministers for Finance for the price of one. Bargain! Except one is working against the other.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:28 am 
Too Big to Fail

Budget measures will get young couples taking the property plunge - Finance Mininster
People “were waiting for the Budget” and have been waiting to see what moves would be made. He said he “very confident” the budget will help “drive supply” in the housing market.
“(Nama) are ready to go, they have committed to building 20,000 houses over the next five years. When they’re really up and running after the lead-in phase they’ll be doing 80 houses a week and they’ll be operating on a hundred building sites – most of them in Dublin and it will be mostly houses rather than apartments and it will be at the starter home end that I have asked them to operate.”

Last edited by temene on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:29 am 
Too Big to Fail

temene wrote:
Budget measures will get young couples taking the property plunge - Finance Mininster
Michael Noonan says people “were waiting for the Budget” and have been waiting to see what moves would be made. He said he “very confident” the budget will help “drive supply” in the housing market.
“(Nama) are ready to go, they have committed to building 20,000 houses over the next five years. When they’re really up and running after the lead-in phase they’ll be doing 80 houses a week and they’ll be operating on a hundred building sites – most of them in Dublin and it will be mostly houses rather than apartments and it will be at the starter home end that I have asked them to operate.”

usual horseshyte from Baldy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:43 am 
IMF'd

bedsit wrote:
In an article in the Indo today entitled Nama to build 20,000 houses by 2020 the finance minister is quoted as saying:
"The property model was now probably irretrievably damaged. However, Mr Noonan ruled out simply giving property developers tax breaks, as is being lobbied for by the construction industry."

He further goes on to say:
"What worries me is I was here in the '90s and I contributed to the debates on three Bacon reports. Every one of them was to solve a supply problem in the market and take overheating out of the market. And every time the State intervened, it got worse."

Yet he is happy to meddle with the CB rules - Noonan wants Central Bank to review mortgage caps for first-time buyers

'Review', not 'change' - he's doing the minimum in response to 'public' (VI) pressure - "ah lads, you can't do it any different, can you? Sure? Ah well, at least ye looked. Look again in 2020"...

I am heartened more than I thought I'd be by his other comments.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Marian Finucane interview with michael o'Flynn and his time in Nama up on podcast now.

Listened to it, and it's a bit of a whinge. Not much meat on the bone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:19 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Andy wrote:
Marian Finucane interview with michael o'Flynn and his time in Nama up on podcast now.

Listened to it, and it's a bit of a whinge. Not much meat on the bone.

Only got the end of it. Said the Central Bank were as good as ending the dreams of young families with their borrowing limits.
Later on he said that Developers had learned the dangers of borrowing too much!!!

Prices were at the highs they were in the boom because of market fundamentals and if thats what happens then so be it!!! So people with boom time mortgages got the value at the time and that is that.

House prices are too low now to warrant any building.

He's learned nothing. And Marian of course fawning over him...from the texts she read out, 3 out of 4 people believed Flynn to be a visionary and true leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:27 am 
Under CAB Investigation

O'Flynn interviewed by Matt Cooper yesterday.

To paraphrase:

Higher house prices would make them more "viable" (ie more lucrative for him).

Part V social housing should be abolished.

Nama is NOT a success story.

Shame Irish housebuyers do not have a voice to put across their views on national radio. Any seasoned Pinster wanna start a Facebook page?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 am 
Property Magnate

Homeboy wrote:
Shame Irish housebuyers do not have a voice to put across their views on national radio. Any seasoned Pinster wanna start a Facebook page?

This pops up every month or so. It's not gonna happen because people don't want to be presented as actively working to devalue the assets of others.

(Actively working to increase the amount of money you can extract from those who have no assets is perfectly fine though)

(and debt just doesn't come into it)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:00 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Oflynn was on Sean O'Rourke yesterday morning as well. Why is he getting so much publicity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:13 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

FreeFallin wrote:
Oflynn was on Sean O'Rourke yesterday morning as well. Why is he getting so much publicity

"Paper never refused ink" scenario I assume.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:42 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Andy wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:

"Paper never refused ink" scenario I assume.

More like toilet paper never refused .......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:15 pm 
Too Big to Fail

De economic crisis was caused by ‘Joe Soap and Mary Soap’ getting too many loans
“Everybody started living on credit and credit was whatever you wanted yourself. Anyone could walk into any institution and seem to get any amount of money and this is where the cocky bit came in. Unfortunately, collectively as a country, we started leveraging one off the next.
So Joe Soap and Mary Soap, who never had a lot, got the loans for the second house and leveraged the third house off the second house and the fourth on the third, and you know, what are you having yourself. So that was a huge problem. But where did that problem come from? That problem came from the availability, which we had never had since the foundation of the state, of cheap money through the European system. - Bertie Ahern

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

perfect timing for FF with the election just round the corner!

Thats a mighty interview....here's some more:
Quote:
In the interview with the BBC, Ahern also called for greater European integration, saying the idea of “100% sovereignty” is “nonsense”:
The days of people believing that they can paddle their own canoe with 100% sovereignty for themselves is nonsense and anyone who believes that should get off this planet quick in my view.

Perhaps they should commit suicide!
Quote:
You must pool your sovereignty to have the dream. What’s wrong now – not that the dream is wrong – is we lost the dreamers and we need to invent some new dreamers.

Quote:
Ahern’s remarks come less than two months after he told an audience in Dublin he had “absolutely nothing to do” with the 2008 bank guarantee.
The former Fianna Fáil leader told a book launch in October that he had “long left government” by the time of the bank guarantee. He resigned as taoiseach in May 2008 with the bank guarantee introduced in September of that year.

He's some tool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 am 
Property Magnate

temene wrote:
De economic crisis was caused by ‘Joe Soap and Mary Soap’ getting too many loans
“Everybody started living on credit and credit was whatever you wanted yourself. Anyone could walk into any institution and seem to get any amount of money and this is where the cocky bit came in. Unfortunately, collectively as a country, we started leveraging one off the next.
So Joe Soap and Mary Soap, who never had a lot, got the loans for the second house and leveraged the third house off the second house and the fourth on the third, and you know, what are you having yourself. So that was a huge problem. But where did that problem come from? That problem came from the availability, which we had never had since the foundation of the state, of cheap money through the European system. - Bertie Ahern

Christ! :sick:
Fianna Failed.
Fail once. No matter. Bailed out by citizens.
Fianna Failed again. Fail better.

... still Failed though. That's what I'm saying.
Let's not lose sight of the enormous amount of Failing. :-GC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 am 
Too Big to Fail

https://www.newstalk.com/election2016/Fianna-Fil-says-young-people-need-assistance-when-buying-homes

Rinse and repeat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next