Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Public Emotional response to house market
Poll ended at Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:10 pm
Optimism 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Excitement 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Thrill 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Euphoria 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Anxiety 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Denial 18%  18%  [ 19 ]
Fear 34%  34%  [ 36 ]
Desperation 19%  19%  [ 20 ]
Panic 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
Capitulation 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Despondency 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Depression 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Hope 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Relief 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 105
Author Message
 Post subject: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jun 24, 2008
Posts: 10203
Location: South of the Border (Down Mexico Way)
Previous polls: September 2007 | January 2008 | April 2008 | July 2008 | September 2008 | January 2009 | April 2009 | July 2009 | September 2009 | January 2010 | April 2010 | July 2010 | September 2010 | January 2011

Based on general conversations with your friends, colleagues, or intuition what do you reckon the public mood towards the house market is?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 11887
Surely it must move beyond ye olde fear this time.

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:18 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jun 24, 2008
Posts: 10203
Location: South of the Border (Down Mexico Way)
2Pack wrote:
Surely it must move beyond ye olde fear this time.

I forecast we start climbing back up to "Denial" - and drink ourselves silly there for the next 50 years!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 1151
Location: Americas
I had Desperation last September, Fear in January, and now put DENIAL, honestly the country is in reverse mode, tis unbelievable :oops:

_________________
"This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants." - Blackadder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 am 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: Apr 23, 2007
Posts: 35
I went for denial though I'm seeing enough developing signs to suggest that I could ticking the fear option in July


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 11887
Feck sake lads, this is linear not a Lada with a dodgy gearbox. :(

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 9, 2007
Posts: 2358
Location: Still Awaiting The Pearly Gates
Only Fear, I regret at this stage

The Irish are collectively stupid. That is why our application to rejoin the UK in 2016 will be refused.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:07 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord
User avatar

Joined: Jul 1, 2008
Posts: 261
I just clicked back through some previous polls and, yep, we're hardly moving. Even the September 2007 results are broadly in-line with those from this latest poll.

Either Pinsters have no ability to interpret market psychology, or we're locked in a state of perpetual national damnation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Posts: 5365
Location: BubbleBurst Ireland
We're definitely past Denial, I mean lets be honest who could deny the amount of shit we're in? I believe we are in quiet Desperation with lots of people silently waiting to see when their bailout will come only to be disappointed to find out their extra taxes and levies are welcome but their expectency of a digout isnt.

_________________
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
Winston Churchill


A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
Dwight D. Eisenhower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:24 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: May 10, 2009
Posts: 264
spqr64 wrote:
We're definitely past Denial, I mean lets be honest who could deny the amount of shit we're in? I believe we are in quiet Desperation with lots of people silently waiting to see when their bailout will come only to be disappointed to find out their extra taxes and levies are welcome but their expectency of a digout isnt.


agreed- sure your granny will tell you now is not a good time to buy. I would say we're close to the capitualtion stage (as a state also) but I haven't seen much sign of panic which makes me wonder. Therefore desperation it must be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:42 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Posts: 1864
We're not past denial I reckon.

What I mean is that people are not connecting the dots between the fucked country, the fucked banks, and the property market. They are seen as islands. Most people haven't really been affected yet by the fucked country or the fucked banks, even though they've seen the big numbers every time a new bailout is announced.

Denial! Denial! Denial!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:48 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Nov 9, 2009
Posts: 260
Only people who are following it with interest are aware of the scale of things. Until the hypothetical becomes reality on the street, i dont think there will be any widespread feelings of capitualtion etc.

If you have a job, or on welfare or pensionable (and that is a large percentage of the population), the true impact of the various bank bailouts has not hit you yet. Your take home pay has been hit, stealth taxes are up, but the effect on the ground is no where near proportional to the debt being taken on in the name of futre tax payers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Jan 10, 2008
Posts: 5365
Location: BubbleBurst Ireland
23rdbuchan wrote:
We're not past denial I reckon.

What I mean is that people are not connecting the dots between the fucked country, the fucked banks, and the property market. They are seen as islands. Most people haven't really been affected yet by the fucked country or the fucked banks, even though they've seen the big numbers every time a new bailout is announced.

Denial! Denial! Denial!


What? Most people haven't been affected? So whats the feckin Universal Social Charge for then? Whats the reduction on pension contributions for then? What are the extra levies being paid by the public sector and everybody else for then? What are the reductions on what you can claim on a Med 1 or 2 for? Heres a suggestion have a look at your next payslip and get someone to explain it to you.

_________________
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
Winston Churchill


A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
Dwight D. Eisenhower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:57 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Posts: 1864
spqr64 wrote:
23rdbuchan wrote:
We're not past denial I reckon.

What I mean is that people are not connecting the dots between the fucked country, the fucked banks, and the property market. They are seen as islands. Most people haven't really been affected yet by the fucked country or the fucked banks, even though they've seen the big numbers every time a new bailout is announced.

Denial! Denial! Denial!


What? Most people haven't been affected? So whats the feckin Universal Social Charge for then? Whats the reduction on pension contributions for then? What are the extra levies being paid by the public sector and everybody else for then? What are the reductions on what you can claim on a Med 1 or 2 for? Heres a suggestion have a look at your next payslip and get someone to explain it to you.


Thanks for the attack.

I firmly believe that in spite of the USC, pension contributions, levies and tax break reductions, it is not reflective of the scale of the problem. It is plugging a 19bn hole with a 4bn plug. The true scale of what has happened to Ireland has not yet filtered down, thanks to ECB liquidity and the IMF bailout.

Surely you can't deny this?

I'm well aware of what's happened with my payslip thanks very much, and I would point out that I am not in denial myself.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q2 2011 survey of Irish Market - Market cycle of emotion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 am 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Oct 4, 2008
Posts: 401
I clicked fear but my heart was telling me we are still firmly rooted in denial.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fingallian and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: