Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: 'My property empire will survive': Shane Filan
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:45 am 
Nationalised

'My property empire will survive': Shane Filan insists the crash hasn't left him facing disaster -> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aster.html

Quote:
However, this weekend the star’s lawyers revealed that the accounts had just been filed – and said that the firm was in good financial health despite the property crash.

In a statement issued late on Friday afternoon, the Filans’ solicitor wrote to the MoS saying that the accounts had now been filed – and that the threat had therefore lifted.

‘Shafin Developments Limited, together with their auditors Gilroy Gannon, can confirm that Shafin Developments Limited have filed all outstanding annual returns together with the relevant financial statements for 2009 and 2010 with the Companies Registration Office,’ they said in a statement.

‘This brings their financial accounts and filing requirements up to date with the Companies Registration Office. As a result, the conditions of the involuntary strike-off notice… have now been satisfied.’

The star’s lawyers were also happy to answer a string of detailed questions about Shane’s investments, and added that while the property crash was challenging for everyone, the family firm was in a strong position.

‘Shafin Developments Ltd have reduced the company’s overall bank debt by over 14% and it is envisaged that a similar level of debt reduction will transpire in the 2011 financial year,’ they said.
‘The Filans are at the latter stages of the planning process, as all but one of their projects have now been granted planning permission. They are expecting a decision from on Bord Pleanála in July or August on that project.

there is more

Post subject: Re: 'My property empire will survive': Shane Filan
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:52 am 
Nationalised

Shane largely paid cash so I reckon he is telling the truth....as in wearing trunks with the tide out!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:59 am 
Old Time Landlord

Me thinks he should have stuck to what he's er................good at.............singing ? :x

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:06 pm 
Nationalised

so should Samantha Mumba, did she ever flog that gaff on Berties street ??

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:11 pm 
Too Big to Fail

2Pack wrote:
Shane largely paid cash so I reckon he is telling the truth....as in wearing trunks with the tide out!

property love. ain't that a kick in the head :-GC

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:43 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Quote:
Hard at work: Filan and his brother Finbarr of Shafin Developments hold spades and wear hard hard hats at the site of a building project

That's a shovel princess.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:31 pm 
Nationalised

http://www.citylocal.ie/Sligo/news-in-S ... ment-4453/

Quote:
Sligo Borough Council recently granted planning permission to Shafin Developments, the company co-owned by Westlife's Shane Filan and his brother Finbarr, for a block of 61 apartments on the Knappagh Road in Sligo Town.

Then

http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/new-ye ... 71009.html

Quote:
Wednesday December 09 2009

Work is due to commence early in the new year on the construction of a €5 million state-of-the-art nursing home in Sligo Town following the granting of planning permission for the project by Sligo Borough Council.

The facility, to be built at Knappagh Road by Shafin Development Ltd, the construction company owned by Westlife singer, Shane Filan and his brother, Finbarr, is expected to create up to 100 jobs. They hope to have the nursing home open for business by June 2011.

Just in time for the Nursing Home scheme run by the HSE to run out of cash. Hmmmm!

http://www.guidetonursinghomes.com/nurs ... eland.html

But there was delays.

July 9 1010

Quote:
Westlife singer Shane Filan and his brother Finbarr are planning to construct two nursing homes near their hometown of Sligo, Ireland. The first project is a €5 million nursing home at Knappagh Road, which is on the outskirts of Sligo town. It is expected that this massive nursing home will be completed sometime in June of 2011. There will be 80 beds in this facility, and it will help add jobs to the local economy. The nursing home near Sligo is expected to be a state-of-the-art building, and meet all of the required standards for the area. This project was recently given approval by An Bord Pleanala, despite there being some objections by local residents. In addition to this project, they also have another 50-bed nursing home in the works in Dromahair, Co Leitrim.

Dromahair, eh!

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/loca ... _1_2039923

Quote:
Mon Sep 13 18:12:13 BST 2010

by Philip Rooney

Planning Permission was last week granted to Shafin Developments Ltd, the company owned by Westlife singer Shane Filan and his brother Finbar, to proceed with a controversial development in Dromahair.

The decision of An Bord Pleanala to give the green light for the demolition of the existing Breffni Centre Hotel, which is situated on Dromahair’s Main Street and the construction, on the same site, of a supermarket, creche and gym has received an unfavourable reaction locally.

The original application to Leitrim County Council was made by Shafin Developments in November 2007 which resulted in scores of submissions being made by local businesses and residents who felt a development of that scale was unnecessary in a village the size of Dromahair. It was also highlighted that the village is currently served by two supermarkets and a convenience store, with significant refurbishments carried out on all three premises’ in recent years.

And this, an unfinished Ghost Estate of His in Dromahair

http://www.rte.ie/tv/showhouse_previous ... house.html

Quote:
Stonebridge is located on the edge of picturesque Dromahair village in Co Leitrim.

There will also be an on site crèche.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=390110
http://www.property.ie/new-homes/Stoneb ... rim/10594/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm 
Nationalised

Off to the UK and negotiating an IVA now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... perty.html

30 March 2012

Quote:
Bank of Ireland is suing Westlife’s Shane Filan over alleged unpaid debts, the Irish Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Documents lodged in the High Court show that BoI is pursuing cases against the star and two members of his family, Finbarr and Peter.

BoI was one of several banks that helped fund Shane’s massive property speculations during the boom, which aimed to create a number of housing and commercial developments in Leitrim and Mayo.

On Monday, the bank was given permission by the High Court to fast-track the case – and also to serve summonses on Shane’s agents or family, in the wake of his move to Britain three months ago.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 74298.html

Friday April 06

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ir ... -loan.html

Exclusive in the Sun. Followed by :

Sunday April 08 2012

Quote:
NIAMH HORAN ....yes Alison O Riordans 'tenant'

WESTLIFE singer Shane Filan faces losing everything in the property crash and is now set to relaunch his pop career in an attempt to revive his fortunes.

Filan, one of Ireland's biggest pop stars, is believed to be in debt for up to €23m, according to well-placed financial sources.

The singer is reportedly in the process of cutting a deal with creditors by entering an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) in Britain.

I think this lot is Shanes as is this lot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:36 am 
Under CAB Investigation

His own property empire in mayo and leitrim. bless. Any decent empire should have some inhabitants. Shane, don't worry about that 23 million debt. We got you covered. You have brought us such joy and wonderful music ill contribute a few extra euro in taxes this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Why would any creditor agree to an IVA now knowing that there's a lucrative tour coming up?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am 
Nationalised

The threat is full bankruptcy. Take a % now or get feck all if he refuses to tour for a year or two.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:09 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

jcsmith wrote:
Why would any creditor agree to an IVA now knowing that there's a lucrative tour coming up?

I wonder how many concerts it would take for 23 milliom though?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:33 pm 
Homeless

What an eijit. Set up for life with millions earned in fickle industry of pop music and then lashes it all into even more fickle world of property speculation. How much land does a man need?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm 
Nationalised

SickCulture wrote:
What an eijit. Set up for life with millions earned in fickle industry of pop music and then lashes it all into even more fickle world of property speculation. How much land does a man need?

I dunno. There were tabloid articles about Brian McFadden's custody battle for his kids which claimed he'd spent all of the 2 million he'd earned from Westlife on it. The article could be horseshit, but it's possible the life of a manufactured popstar is not all that lucrative these days. You have another former Westlife member appearing on some godawful cheesy talent show to make a few bucks.

And in this IT article about Filan selling his 300K car he is described as a "property developer", and offers the feeble excuse that he'll be away touring for a year so "won't need the car" ... even though he is "car mad" and "always wanted" it.

Last edited by ps200306 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:34 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

DSE3Br wrote:
Quote:
Hard at work: Filan and his brother Finbarr of Shafin Developments hold spades and wear hard hard hats at the site of a building project

That's a shovel princess.

Seems like an odd photoshop to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next