Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 'My property empire will survive': Shane Filan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 am 
Of Systemic Importance

TheEmigrant wrote:
You've just proven my point. The headline quote 'My property empire will survive' was never said by Filan. It was a deliberate false-quote smear on him by the scumbag thugs in the Daily Mail. They wanted to make him sound ridiculous, pompous and self-important, and it looks like they've succeeded. :evil:
If that's true, then my bad.

As a matter of interest, how can you be certain that he never said "my property empire will survive"?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

ex-Patrick wrote:
TheEmigrant wrote:
You've just proven my point. The headline quote 'My property empire will survive' was never said by Filan. It was a deliberate false-quote smear on him by the scumbag thugs in the Daily Mail. They wanted to make him sound ridiculous, pompous and self-important, and it looks like they've succeeded. :evil:
If that's true, then my bad.

As a matter of interest, how can you be certain that he never said "my property empire will survive"?

I can't be certain because its impossible to prove a negative.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 pm 
Too Big to Fail

TheEmigrant wrote:

See in most people's world a statement from a person's lawyer is a statement on behalf of them. But not in your world. In your world its a false quote smear.

Quote:
However, this weekend the star’s lawyers revealed that the accounts had just been filed – and said that the firm was in good financial health despite the property crash.
In a statement issued late on Friday afternoon, the Filans’ solicitor wrote to the MoS saying that the accounts had now been filed – and that the threat had therefore lifted.
‘Shafin Developments Limited, together with their auditors Gilroy Gannon, can confirm that Shafin Developments Limited have filed all outstanding annual returns together with the relevant financial statements for 2009 and 2010 with the Companies Registration Office,’ they said in a statement.

This brings their financial accounts and filing requirements up to date with the Companies Registration Office. As a result, the conditions of the involuntary strike-off notice… have now been satisfied.’
The star’s lawyers were also happy to answer a string of detailed questions about Shane’s investments, and added that while the property crash was challenging for everyone, the family firm was in a strong position.

The fact that he didn't personally say the headline is irrelevant. Lots of Irish Times headlines are like that. Kenny: 'No deal on debt' etc

you're trolling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:27 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Um... goodbye!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 37922.html

BUST Westlife singer Shane Filan has been discharged from bankruptcy in the UK a year after declaring debts of up to €23m.
A source said that the 33-year-old considers London his base now and has "no plans" to return to Ireland.
"He sees London as his home for now, his record company are there and his kids are all settled and happy in local schools.
"He sees no reason to uproot them again, he'll be in the UK for a while."

But wait, he does have a heart:
But while he is now debt-free, the singer's creditors are still set to benefit from a portion of the proceeds of a record deal signed in April to kick-start his solo career.
According to the source, creditors will "recoup some of the monies owed to them" because Mr Filan chose to sign his record deal before the bankruptcy was discharged.

How much wuill they really get back :roll: I sense a PR spinster at work here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

FreeFallin wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/westlifes-filan-to-stay-in-uk-as-bankruptcy-ends-29337922.html

BUST Westlife singer Shane Filan has been discharged from bankruptcy in the UK a year after declaring debts of up to €23m.
A source said that the 33-year-old considers London his base now and has "no plans" to return to Ireland.
"He sees London as his home for now, his record company are there and his kids are all settled and happy in local schools.
"He sees no reason to uproot them again, he'll be in the UK for a while."

But wait, he does have a heart:
But while he is now debt-free, the singer's creditors are still set to benefit from a portion of the proceeds of a record deal signed in April to kick-start his solo career.
According to the source, creditors will "recoup some of the monies owed to them" because Mr Filan chose to sign his record deal before the bankruptcy was discharged.

How much wuill they really get back :roll: I sense a PR spinster at work here

How may records are you willing to buy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am 
Too Big to Fail

I mean, it's nice that he is going to pay off some of his debts but it does mean he has to make and sell more records to do it.....which is the lesser of 2 evils?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Success means his creditors may get something back.... and a Westlife reunion is less likely.... I'll plop for this option.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-n ... 64374.html

The Westlife star's property company, Shaflin Developments, took out a loan of €1.3m from Bank of Ireland to buy the old Garvey's bakery in Ballina, Co Mayo, in December 2007.
They had ambitious plans to build a three-storey retail unit on the O'Rahilly Street site, hoping to attract some big label names to the town.
However, five years later, no work had begun and initial planning permission ran out last month. The unit is boarded up, and has been the subject of complaints by local residents because of its condition.
As part of his bankruptcy petition lodged earlier this year, the singer valued the property at €200,000.
However, receivers who now have control of the property are trying to sell it for €80,000.

Now, I don't know how many of you on here have knowledge of Ballina, Co Mayo.....but what the fook were they thinking.....1.3m for a site in that town!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 pm 
Too Big to Fail

On the late late...

Get out the violins

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Homemaker wrote:
On the late late...

Get out the violins

Can't take an more poor mouth stories from property developers. Who next, $ean Dunne.

"Those who yearn for the end of capitalism should pray for government by men who believe that all positive action is inimical to what they call thoughtfully the fundamental principles of free enterprise." - JK Galbraith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Fans are fickle!

9%, €90k drop to try and entice a bite

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... go/2338669

Have to say that near 1m is a lot of money for any house in Sligo....especially 1 near a busy road/junction

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:26 pm 
Single Home Owner

FreeFallin wrote:
Now, I don't know how many of you on here have knowledge of Ballina, Co Mayo.....but what the fook were they thinking.....1.3m for a site in that town!!!

Ah Ballina isn't that bad.... But I remember that at the time. That was when I knew things were broken. O'Rahilly Street isn't even "prime" retail in Ballina, it's slightly away from the centre so no idea what he was thinking.

In very poor condition now though, it's beside 3/4 pubs and has broken windows etc. Sad to see it like that as used to do an amazing fresh cream sponge cake.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 pm 
Nationalised

FreeFallin wrote:
Fans are fickle!

9%, €90k drop to try and entice a bite

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... go/2338669

Have to say that near 1m is a lot of money for any house in Sligo....especially 1 near a busy road/junction

A few weeks later and news of this price drop reaches the Indo
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 41645.html

"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 am 
Nationalised

Westife's Shane Filan sells €10m home for €800k after two years on the market - -> http://www.independent.ie/style/celebri ... 93237.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next