Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
 Post subject: Re: CSO Residential Property Price Index - megathread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 am 
Too Big to Fail

FreeFallin wrote:
Irish house prices: second highest increase in European Union
Home prices in Ireland jumped by 4.7% in third quarter of 2016, says Eurostat
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/econ ... -1.2944689
Quote:
House prices in Ireland jumped by 4.7 per cent versus the second quarter, behind Malta, which saw prices rise by 5.4 per cent, but ahead of Estonia, Lithuania and Hungary, all of which showed a 3.4 per cent increase.
The latest figures show euro zone house prices grew at the fastest rate in more than eight years in the third quarter.
Hungary has biggest annual rise
Prices climbed 3.4 per cent on an annual basis, the highest rate seen since the first quarter of 2008, when prices rose by 3.5 per cent. However, on a quarterly basis, euro zone prices were up by just 1.3 per cent.
House prices for the EU as a whole climbed 4.3 per cent in the third quarter and were up by 1.5 per cent versus the preceding three-month period.
The highest annual increase in house prices in the third quarter of 2016 was recorded in Hungary, where prices jumped 11.6 per cent. Latvia had the second highest year-on-year rise, up 10.8 per cent, followed by Bulgaria, where costs rose 8.8 per cent.
The biggest annual declines in prices were in Cyprus, down 3.3 per cent, and Italy, where prices were 0.9 per cent lower.

Fill ye're boots XX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am 
Under CAB Investigation

There is no way the CSO is counting correctly when there are 20 or 30 living in a house (4 or 5 to a room) in Dublin city center. The last job ad we put out for a software developer had 3 Irish out of about 30 applicants. A huge proportion were from South America and living in Dublin CC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 am 
Nationalised

greentree wrote:
There is no way the CSO is counting correctly when there are 20 or 30 living in a house (4 or 5 to a room) in Dublin city center. The last job ad we put out for a software developer had 3 Irish out of about 30 applicants. A huge proportion were from South America and living in Dublin CC.

It doesn't matter how many people live in it; it's still only one house and sells for one price.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Mantissa wrote:
greentree wrote:

It doesn't matter how many people live in it; it's still only one house and sells for one price.

Correct, but I suspect greentree is talking about the Census.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:27 pm 
Nationalised

Skippy 3 wrote:
Mantissa wrote:
greentree wrote:

Correct, but I suspect greentree is talking about the Census.

Wrong thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:20 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

greentree wrote:

Every engineering office I've worked in here was around 50% filled by foreigners, Is this not a norm or maybe I just work in not fancy enough places..

btw
I see recently more and more ads with no salary given or not really impressing for 'employees market' or 'big shortage of skilled people'...

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

mightyz wrote:

Every engineering office I've worked in here was around 50% filled by foreigners, Is this not a norm or maybe I just work in not fancy enough places..

btw
I see recently more and more ads with no salary given or not really impressing for 'employees market' or 'big shortage of skilled people'...

50% sounds high-ish, but definitely not outlandish. Ireland has a skills shortage and a lot of tech sector workers are from elsewhere.

On the salary thing, did tech sector job ads in Ireland ever regularly state salaries? I haven't been actively looking for a while, but I get frequent emails from recruiters; the UK ones usually give salary guidelines, but the Irish ones normally just say "competitive" or similar, and as far as I remember it's been like that for years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 pm 

Salaries shown in most cases used to be great thing which was so different from my home country. At home it used to be great super secret, so secret I had written non disclosure agreement in my contract in both places I've worked, same as my technical friends.
It's bit different now with huge shortage of all kids of candidates.

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:07 pm 
Too Big to Fail

CSO Residential Property Price Index – December 2016 & Overall figures:

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... pidec2016/

Notes:
1. Per the official PPR there were 47,083 Property Purchases in 2016 as at 10/02/17.
Per BPFI there were 27,416 Mortgage Drawdowns in 2016. See here for details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26451&p=814001
Therefore 41.8% of all Sales were Cash purchases to date in 2016.
This compares to 47.7% cash sales in 2015, 50.7% in 2014 and 52.3% in 2013.

2. As of September 2016 the Index has been updated to now cover all market purchases of houses and apartments by households, both cash and mortgage-based transactions. All previous figures have been revised using this new method to January 2005.

3. This index is a lagging indicator of the Irish mortgage market. These houses were probably Sale Agreed 3-6 months ago, depending on how long it took for the sale to go through. So it may no longer be reflective of current market conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:49 am 
Nationalised

From the latest numbers published yesterday: Dublin residential "only" up 5.3% in the year to January, less than half the increase for the rest of the country. But Dublin apartments are up 9.1% (which explains some of the craziness in rentals), and Dublin overall is now up by two thirds since the trough this time four years ago (65.2%).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:47 pm 
Too Big to Fail

CSO Residential Property Price Index – January 2017 & Overall figures:

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... pijan2017/

Notes:
1. Per the official PPR there were 47,346 Property Purchases in 2016 as at 10/03/17.
Per BPFI there were 27,416 Mortgage Drawdowns in 2016. See here for details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26451&p=814001
Therefore 42.1% of all Sales were Cash purchases to date in 2016.

2. As of September 2016 the Index has been updated to now cover all market purchases of houses and apartments by households, both cash and mortgage-based transactions. All previous figures have been revised using this new method to January 2005.

3. This index is a lagging indicator of the Irish mortgage market. These houses were probably Sale Agreed 3-6 months ago, depending on how long it took for the sale to go through. So it may no longer be reflective of current market conditions.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:50 pm 
Too Big to Fail

CSO Residential Property Price Index – March 2017 & Overall figures:

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... pimar2017/

Notes:
1. Per the official PPR there were 47,507 Property Purchases in 2016 as at 12/05/17.
Therefore 42.3% of all Sales were Cash purchases to date in 2016.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:08 am 
Under CAB Investigation

I had a look at airbnb recently in Dublin and there are some silly prices on offer there.

An increasing amount of housing is coming on stream too. Some apartments are clamping down but there is not much that can be done for houses.

I think this is pushing up rents as the normal supply gets restricted. I think it is pushing up selling prices too as cash-only investors are piling in.

It's obviously a lot of work but sweating an airbnb gets a gross yield of maybe 8% in Dublin right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 pm 
Too Big to Fail

CSO Residential Property Price Index – April 2017 & Overall figures:

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublica ... piapr2017/

Notes:
1. Per the official PPR there were 47,551 Property Purchases in 2016 as at 13/06/17.
Therefore 42.3% of all Sales were Cash purchases to date in 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:50 pm 

Must be the first month in a while houses haven't gone up. Has the inflation of the bubble ceased?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next