Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supermarkets
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 am 
Under CAB Investigation

fungus wrote:
Tesco lodges planning applications opposition against new Aldi stores.
Nothing to do with planning and everything to do with Tesco trying to stop competition. Disgraceful behavior by Tesco

Rightly so.
I know in Galway, there is a Dunnes, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl & Dealz within a 5 minute walk radius. The Tesco store has seen a marked decrease in custom.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Lidl to hire 600 staff as it continues to expand. Lidl accounts for 11.9% of grocery sales in the Ireland with 1.5m weekly customers.
Some of its newer stores in built-up locations may be hitched up to first floor level above easy-access car parks, after its research revealed many shoppers don’t like its underground car parks. Wonder what planner think of that one!
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/reta ... -1.2744302

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:54 am 
Of Systemic Importance

They have that layout in Terenure...Shop over ground level car park. Works fine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:54 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Probably significantly, cheaper to build as well, lower excavation costs & no need to "lose" a few thousand square metres of subsoil.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:36 am 
Single Home Owner

East Wall and the store currently under construction in Sallynoggin also have the first floor store above surface car park configuration. In most cases I doubt what is effectively a three storey building would be a problem on a constrained site in an already built-up urban location. The Sallynoggin application was initially refused and then granted on appeal to ABP and that was partially on grounds of the size and mass of the development but the Lidl store is not the largest building in it overall, the problem appears to have been the five storey block beside it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:06 pm 
Nationalised

Man brought to court for scanning carrots instead of apples at Tesco checkout

"Do, or do not; there is no try" -- Yoda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Dunnes and Supervalu now No.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:11 pm 
Real Estate Developer

New Sallynoggin Lidl is lovely, doesnt feel discount at all in layout, we have started doing our weekly shop there now, no complaints.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:40 pm 
Too Big to Fail

temene wrote:
Dunnes and Supervalu now No.1

Interesting that the last column is % change of value sales, rather than change of market share.
Aldi have a 6% increase in value of sales, does that mean that they've sneaked in more price increases than the others or just sold more?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:04 am 
Neo Landlord

Will be interesting to see how it pans out over the xmas- Aldi not bothering with vouchers but Dunnes and Tesco have both been handing out the €10 off a €50 spend vouchers with impunity- My hot press is overflowing with decent quality bottles of spanish and italian reds!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:27 pm 
Real Estate Developer

tommyt wrote:
Will be interesting to see how it pans out over the xmas- Aldi not bothering with vouchers but Dunnes and Tesco have both been handing out the €10 off a €50 spend vouchers with impunity- My hot press is overflowing with decent
quality bottles of spanish and italian reds!

They wont be decent quality for much longer if you leave them in the hot press!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:57 pm 
Neo Landlord

inregionof wrote:
tommyt wrote:
Will be interesting to see how it pans out over the xmas- Aldi not bothering with vouchers but Dunnes and Tesco have both been handing out the €10 off a €50 spend vouchers with impunity- My hot press is overflowing with decent
quality bottles of spanish and italian reds!

They wont be decent quality for much longer if you leave them in the hot press!!!

oh don't worry they'll be gone soon enough 8DD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:59 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

tommyt wrote:
Will be interesting to see how it pans out over the xmas- Aldi not bothering with vouchers but Dunnes and Tesco have both been handing out the €10 off a €50 spend vouchers with impunity- My hot press is overflowing with decent quality bottles of spanish and italian reds!
Where do you get the Tesco €10 off €50?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:10 pm 
Neo Landlord

temene wrote:
tommyt wrote:
Where do you get the Tesco €10 off €50?

In the clubcard statement - there was six of them for the weeks in Dec and early Jan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

tommyt wrote:
In the clubcard statement - there was six of them for the weeks in Dec and early Jan

I got nothing :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next