Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Health and Social Budget overruns - making the rest moot
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 am 
Under CAB Investigation

FoI from The Examiner about HSE internal audits for July-December 2015.
Concern over award of €338k contracts
Contracts worth €338,000 were awarded to a private firm by a hospital group whose chief executive had a business interest in the same company.
Tusla: Dozens of pay and timekeeping issues
Payroll issues identified at three locations included a lack of written local payroll procedures or payroll sign off checklists; no records of training for payroll staff and incomplete staff details on time sheets. a ‘Gaeltacht Allowance’ was paid to 44 members of staff. In four of these cases, auditors were unable to find any written decisions signing off on the awarding of these payments, which ranged from €156.90- €427.58 per fortnight
Staff in single HSE region overpaid more than €815k
it appeared that “ in some cases the lines of responsibility as to who is responsible for tracking, following up, and monitoring of the recoupment of payroll overpayments needs to be more clearly defined and agreed”.
COPE charity contract: Salary at odds with medical grades
A doctor contracted to provide services to clients of COPE Foundation was paid €123,799 annually, at odds with Department of Health salary scales for medical grades.
Abuse centres Dublin: Risk of non-compliance at facilities
Some of the issues, included the absence of proper receipting, data protection issues, problematic financial controls, and Garda vetting concerns.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:13 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Bump for Coles2

Some of us don't watch rté :)
Besides, hidden health waiting lists are not a surprise. My GP told me about these so-called hidden lists years ago. It is only now that rté are covering it. It's akin to people removed from the unemployed live register onto jobbridge/ce schemes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:12 pm 
Nationalised

I've posted several times here about waiting lists; they are regularly manipulated both upwards and downward. The waiting list numbers do not represent the actual number of people waiting for a procedure at any point in time and are essentially used as weapons in internal politics.

"You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge." --Scroobius Pip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm 
Nationalised

temene wrote:
Bump for Coles2

Some of us don't watch rté :)
Besides, hidden health waiting lists are not a surprise. My GP told me about these so-called hidden lists years ago. It is only now that rté are covering it. It's akin to people removed from the unemployed live register onto jobbridge/ce schemes.
And housing completions statistics, or crime figures, or GDP growth figures and 'leprechaun economics'...

hmmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here.

With regards to improving the Public Health system, first you have to stop deliberately fucking it. Brendan Howlin let the cat out of the bag when he said that in order to create a private health care 'market' they needed the Public system to be inferior.

"Why else, if it was first rate, would people pay for a private system?'

Yes indeed.

Drive down the cost of living and you can drive down Public sector pay and pensions. If you have a stupid government policy to deliberately drive up rents and property prices and you can't reform anything. With a high cost of living you can't keep young nurses and doctors; you can't attract them from abroad. With high public sector wages the private health system can't compete at an economic level, insurance rates go through the roof, and the entire system fails. The problem is one of stupidity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:42 pm 
Nationalised

Harris promises cuts to waiting lists by the end of the year: http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0209/851310 ... ting-list/

He can certainly deliver on that, based on how waiting lists are managed, without actually improving services for anyone.

"You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge." --Scroobius Pip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:35 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Harris says:

Quote:
We have excellent management in the health services...

He still doesn't get it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 pm 
Nationalised

greentree wrote:
Harris says:

Quote:
We have excellent management in the health services...

He still doesn't get it.

He was trying to row back on comments yesterday where he blamed managers. I think he is starting to get it but doesn't have the balls.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:14 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Hospitals spend an average of €2.88 per dinner. Varies from €0.93 - €7.37 per meal
Prisoners get better food.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4bKzYlXUAAimYB.jpg:large

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15