Follow, retweet @dailypinster




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ben Gilroy and Freemen get MSM attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Feb 9, 2010
Posts: 9019
In the Indo today:

Quote:
Last Saturday's incident involved a collection of different groupings, but was led by Charles Allen, of Inistioge, Co Kilkenny, who was involved in the gardening business but is now the figurehead of a controversial trust that Mr Allen and his supporters claim will thwart financial institutions from gaining possession of assets, including land and property.

<snip>

Friends of Banking Ireland, led by Jerry Beades, is another grouping which is challenging the banks in the courts and embarking on ad hoc protests designed to thwart repossessions and sales of distressed properties.

Mr Beades, a former developer and once a member of Fianna Fail's Ard Comhairle (National Executive) has had his own problems with the banks and has also assisted other distressed borrowers in their battles in the Commercial Court.

Mr Beades was also one of the organisers of the "guerrilla action" which halted the most recent sale of properties, many of them distressed, organised by the Alsops auction house at the Shelbourne Hotel.

<snip>

Among others who turned up at the Kennycourt incident last Saturday was Tony Rochford, who embarked on a 23-day hunger strike outside Dail Eireann ending in July in protest about his inability to obtain a tax clearance certificate over his non-payment of the property tax.

Other people involved at Kennycourt were associated with a significant grouping styling itself the Anti- Eviction Taskforce who have created a network of contacts around the country using social media and internet radio to get their message across.

A number of men from the border counties also attended who described themselves as "supporters of Sean Quinn" though there is no suggestion that Mr Quinn or his family supported or were aware of the Kennycourt protest.

The 160 people, mostly men, who gathered on the Curragh on Saturday afternoon before arriving en masse on Saturday evening at the stud were led over the hill by Ben Gilroy of the People for Economic Justice group.


I think we are reaching a tipping point with this stuff - it is now getting national attention and going mainstream, so it really rather demands some sort of response from the government and the institutions of the state. This could set the scene for a rather interesting confrontation. If Ben Gilroy does indeed get locked up (which would obviously be hilarious) I can see an outraged reaction from his lunatic fanbase, and it will be interesting to see whether their rage is as impotent as their 'legal' powers, or whether they manage to tap into the more widespread anti-government, anti-austerity, anti-everything public mood. Either way, there may be interesting times ahead I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
Old Time Landlord

Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Posts: 392
Or the opposite? 4 out of 5 mortgages are making their repayments in full; this silent majority are beginning to speak up - witness the reaction to Jim Stafford's comments, the reaction to Ivan Yates' interview with Pat Kenny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Feb 9, 2010
Posts: 9019
nosy parker wrote:
Or the opposite? 4 out of 5 mortgages are making their repayments in full; this silent majority are beginning to speak up - witness the reaction to Jim Stafford's comments, the reaction to Ivan Yates' interview with Pat Kenny.

Yes, exactly NP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 9706
Also in the Indo about Ben of the family Gilroy et al. facing possible jail. Will be interesting to hear what the judge has to say on Friday ...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 69638.html

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Posts: 1615
Hopefully they go the way of UKIP - quietly grow in population on the fringe but lose ground when they reach the point where they are subjected to public scrutiny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Dec 29, 2008
Posts: 2169
Ixelles wrote:
Hopefully they go the way of UKIP - quietly grow in population on the fringe but lose ground when they reach the point where they are subjected to public scrutiny.


or they may give way to a new breed of politician who backs eliminating neqative equity - as has happened recently in California
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/ ... FN20130911

_________________
“I’m an enemy of consumerism. Because of this hyperconsumerism, we’re forgetting about fundamental things and wasting human strength on frivolities that have little to do with human happiness.”
Uruguayan President José Mujica, World's Poorest President


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 14, 2013
Posts: 1604
ps200306 wrote:
Also in the Indo about Ben of the family Gilroy et al. facing possible jail. Will be interesting to hear what the judge has to say on Friday ...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 69638.html


Jail for tresspass....your having a larf
Ben will not be enjoying the insides of the prison system any time soon

_________________
An increase in the number of paupers does not broaden the market. M. Kalecki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Posts: 2137
werpen wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Also in the Indo about Ben of the family Gilroy et al. facing possible jail. Will be interesting to hear what the judge has to say on Friday ...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 69638.html


Jail for tresspass....your having a larf
Ben will not be enjoying the insides of the prison system any time soon

Contempt of court, not trespass. A charge which certainly can land you in jail (ask Sean Quinn Jr.).

_________________
banana republic, septic isle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Oct 4, 2008
Posts: 1061
JohnnyTheFox wrote:
werpen wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Also in the Indo about Ben of the family Gilroy et al. facing possible jail. Will be interesting to hear what the judge has to say on Friday ...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 69638.html


Jail for tresspass....your having a larf
Ben will not be enjoying the insides of the prison system any time soon

Contempt of court, not trespass. A charge which certainly can land you in jail (ask Sean Quinn Jr.).


Plenty of precedent alright

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-an ... -1.1370860

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ba ... 41085.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 14, 2013
Posts: 1604
Stifster wrote:
JohnnyTheFox wrote:
werpen wrote:
ps200306 wrote:
Also in the Indo about Ben of the family Gilroy et al. facing possible jail. Will be interesting to hear what the judge has to say on Friday ...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 69638.html


Jail for tresspass....your having a larf
Ben will not be enjoying the insides of the prison system any time soon

Contempt of court, not trespass. A charge which certainly can land you in jail (ask Sean Quinn Jr.).


Plenty of precedent alright

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-an ... -1.1370860

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ba ... 41085.html



mmm
Ben wouldn't have been mentioned in the earlier court case. Bound to the peace maybe at best id say. Time will tell

_________________
An increase in the number of paupers does not broaden the market. M. Kalecki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 9706
Unless he does something thick like refuse to recognise the court or answer to his own name. Some of these nutters are probably deluded enough to do that.

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Feb 9, 2010
Posts: 9019
ps200306 wrote:
Unless he does something thick like refuse to recognise the court or answer to his own name. Some of these nutters are probably deluded enough to do that.

Ben seems to know very well when to turn it on and when not to - his denial of his Freeman activities on national TV is evidence enough of that. Of course, that begs the question as to whether he's a deluded Freeman who knows it won't fly with the broader public, or a cynical self-publicising, power-hungry opportunist who is using the Freeman movement/belief system to further his personal goals (as evidenced by his standing for the Dáil, in spite of his professed belief that statutes are meaningless).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Posts: 466
http://www.tnsradio.com/4/post/2013/09/ ... map=%5B%5D

Court case up soon, apparently someone has told Gentle Ben that they want him in jail. This should be fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:47 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Apr 1, 2010
Posts: 9706
Tax Avoider wrote:
http://www.tnsradio.com/4/post/2013/09/ben-gilroy-charlie-allen-news-bulletin.html?fb_action_ids=512433222160716&fb_action_types=weeblyapp%3Ashare&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B380754098718846%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22weeblyapp%3Ashare%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Court case up soon, apparently someone has told Gentle Ben that they want him in jail. This should be fun.

What's the big deal? I'd like to see people who treat our justice system with contempt in jail too. Especially ones that make such a singular mockery of it. I've no doubt he'll be given a second chance to wise up though.

_________________
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" – Niels Bohr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Freemanism/mass debt dodging gets mainstream attention
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm 
Offline
Speculator

Joined: Dec 5, 2010
Posts: 466
Word from the twitter machine is that him and Allen failed to turn up to court. I hope the judge issues an arrest warrant.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1201 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com