Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post subject: Rehabiliation of Bertie Ahearn [Redux]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:10 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I know there are a million threads on Ahearn, however.....

He destroyed our country - and decades of our future generations will pay for it
He lined his pockets - and set up decade long tribunals costing hundreds of our millions to get to no conclusion
He took his pension - and his pal Cowen adjusted the rules so that high paid public servants would not breech pension limits

But he won't at least f**k off and leave us alone

At the passing of a modern 'Gandhi' - Nelson Mandela, we now have Bertie Ahearn hitching his wagon to the story.
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/bertie-ahern-his-greatness-was-in-his-magnanimity-and-foresight-29814700.html

Nowhere in the article could I see the word integrity, honesty, etc. (the true qualities of Mandela - none of which Ahearn has / or wants)
Instead, constant references to 'peace process' + 'Bill Clinton' - invoking Bertie's two calling cards.

Gut-wrenching so see such a corrupt individual being asked by the Nation's largest paper to write this, at this time, for this man.

Perhaps his next appearance will be on the Board of the Hibernia REIT ?

Last edited by observer35 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rehabiliation of Bertie Ahearn [Redux]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Bertie and the indo. Two of the most malignant influences on the nation. Scum.

"Those who yearn for the end of capitalism should pray for government by men who believe that all positive action is inimical to what they call thoughtfully the fundamental principles of free enterprise." - JK Galbraith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 pm 

Think its well past time I stopped reading the Indo online,the only consolation I have when pro FF stories or rebranding FF pieces are spun is that at least I didn't buy the blasted damnable rag.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
—Hunter S Thompson-The Great Shark Hunt, 1979

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:23 pm 
Neo Landlord

Carrot and stick wrote:
Bertie and the indo. Two of the most malignant influences on the nation. Scum.

I agree 100%. Amongst the daily papers available to us, does anyone think any of them are worth buying? (Not rhetorical)
I don't read newspapers full stop. Mainly because I cant ever be certain that what I'm reading comes from a vested interest standpoint or not. Hence I'm out. It brings a feeling of safety!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:40 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I'll bet Bertie appears on Pat Kenny next (listened to the Quinn interview in disgust)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am 
Under CAB Investigation

All the favours being called in now......

Indo again this morning with another 'plant' article on Bertie visiting Dubai
'Drumcondra' and the Saudi royal family appear to have major links which Bertie simply rode the coat tails of
Brief reference to his 'stewardship' of the property bubble / tribunals (vs. architect)
Takes just 5 mins to read the Indo online in the morning - there is little need to read the articles (ads)

Get ready for slot on Pat Kenny

Bertie meets the movers and sheikhers on trip to Dubai
Former Taoiseach's visit to royalty organised by Drumcondra friends

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bertie-meets-the-movers-and-sheikhers-on-trip-to-dubai-29819221.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:39 pm 
Nationalised

How long before he appears on the Late Late?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:48 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Coles2 wrote:
How long before he appears on the Late Late?

Don't think FG Lab will allow - Newstalk much more likely

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:57 pm 

observer35 wrote:
At the passing of a modern 'Gandhi' - Nelson Mandela, we now have Bertie Ahearn hitching his wagon to the story.
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/bertie-ahern-his-greatness-was-in-his-magnanimity-and-foresight-29814700.html

The comments appear to have been removed; there were plenty of them yesterday. All about Bertie.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

exiled wrote:
observer35 wrote:

The comments appear to have been removed; there were plenty of them yesterday. All about Bertie.

Were they too explicit ?
(has a media baron bought the PIN?)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm 

observer35 wrote:
exiled wrote:
observer35 wrote:

Were they too explicit ?

No, I meant the comments on the Indo website. Weirdly I can still see them on my phone's browser (possibly cached) but not on my laptop.

Nothing explicit. 28 comments, every one of them insulting Bertie and/or the Independent for providing a platform.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

exiled wrote:
observer35 wrote:
exiled wrote:
observer35 wrote:

Were they too explicit ?

No, I meant the comments on the Indo website. Weirdly I can still see them on my phone's browser (possibly cached) but not on my laptop.

Nothing explicit. 28 comments, every one of them insulting Bertie and/or the Independent for providing a platform.

Excellent spot exiled - the lengths the Indo will go to to protect and support Ahearn ....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

M, it's Ahern.

Everyone I know - including my mother - thinks he's a cunt, so I think we're safe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 pm 
Nationalised

grumpy wrote:
M, it's Ahern.

Everyone I know - including my mother - thinks he's a cunt, so I think we're safe.

Wait until he rolls out his 'aw shucks' routine on the Late Late or similar, people will be applauding him in spite of themselves. People like to forgive loveable rogues. And he brought peace in the North...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:29 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Barney Gumble wrote:
grumpy wrote:
M, it's Ahern.

Wait until he rolls out his 'aw shucks' routine on the Late Late or similar, people will be applauding him in spite of themselves. People like to forgive loveable rogues. And he brought peace in the North...

I don't think so Barney. There are an awful lot of people on the dole and an awful lot of people going to lose their homes (what UB running 20 repos a week atm?). A trip to the Aras for Bertie would be about as palatable as a creamy pint of warm vomit for a huge number of people.

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property