Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How did you vote in the Referendum today?
Yes - Marriage 42%  42%  [ 62 ]
No - Marriage 9%  9%  [ 14 ]
Yes - Presidential 28%  28%  [ 42 ]
No - Presidential 20%  20%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 148
 Post subject: Ref, EXIT POLL - How did you vote?
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:20 pm 
Nationalised

Exit Poll on how you voted today.

Please participate and see how we compare with others. Thanks.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject: Re: Ref, EXIT POLL - How did you vote?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:01 pm 
Nationalised

Debate and coverage may continue here - viewtopic.php?p=829661#p829661

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

From the other thread

Braighni wrote:
Edit: harkerj got in before me.

This was a golden opportunity to campaign to allow Irish citizens all over the world to retain the right to vote, and indeed use the postal vote system.
The opposition and independents dropped the ball here.

You would need a referendum for that
Might have been better than the relatively minor issues put before the people.

"Those who yearn for the end of capitalism should pray for government by men who believe that all positive action is inimical to what they call thoughtfully the fundamental principles of free enterprise." - JK Galbraith

Last edited by Carrot and stick on Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm 
Property Magnate

TI's exit poll was much better I thought, could it be unlocked?. This one gives clunky results and not that many people care about the presidential age ref.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:14 pm 
Nationalised

Carrot and stick wrote:
From the other thread

Braighni wrote:
Edit: harkerj got in before me.

This was a golden opportunity to campaign to allow Irish citizens all over the world to retain the right to vote, and indeed use the postal vote system.
The opposition and independents dropped the ball here.

You would need a referendum for that
Might have been better than the relatively minor issues put before the people.

I made that point here, viewtopic.php?p=829568#p829568

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:15 pm 
Nationalised

hiphop wrote:
TI's exit poll was much better I thought, could it be unlocked?. This one gives clunky results and not that many people care about the presidential age ref.

Clunky?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:48 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Open Window wrote:
hiphop wrote:

Clunky?

Yes the % are wrong. The 100% is divided between all 4 options. It looks a bit odd.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:59 pm 
Too Big to Fail

you need two polls for it to work properly.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:07 pm 
Nationalised

Terra Incognita wrote:
Open Window wrote:
hiphop wrote:

Clunky?

Yes the % are wrong. The 100% is divided between all 4 options. It looks a bit odd.

Ah yes I see that now.

It would ad further confusion to change it back to the original thread at this point. Apologies if people find it an inconvenience but this thread will be locked by the end of the day so the totals can be analysed out correctly to fix it.

The total votes in brackets do give a clearer picture if you ignore the % if the vote for now.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:27 pm 
Too Big to Fail

The presidential votes add up to 50%, the marriage votes add up to 50%, I'm hoping most pinsters can extrapolate from that. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:54 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

If there's ere a spare yes vote lyin around would someone please cast it (or them) for me.

Saw a claim that the scales were being tipped to yes by returning ex pats who were on THE social media. I suppose if Aer Lingus, Ryanair etc. confirm that there was no surge of inbound in the days prior, we still won't have the figures for foot passengers on the ferries.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:15 pm 
Nationalised

I asked the girl who stamped my vote about the turnout.
She said it was about 25% (at 12 noon).

Just to add, I'm of the opinion that all election/referendum days should be holidays.
Or else hold them on Saturdays.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:32 pm 
Nationalised

mr_anderson wrote:
I asked the girl who stamped my vote about the turnout.
She said it was about 25% (at 12 noon).

Just to add, I'm of the opinion that all election/referendum days should be holidays.
Or else hold them on Saturdays.

Polls stay open until 10pm, unless you think it woudl be good for the public houses of the land so the people could reflect in friendly surroundings the magnanimity of the day?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:41 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I've yet to vote but judging by my Facebook feed - the important thing is, not so much to vote YES but to let the whole world know that you've voted YES. (They're actually trying to outdo one another in the self-glorification stakes. One "friend" announced that she had voted, "A Big Fat YES," complete with a smilie selfie taken outside the polling booth. Surely the Nobel Prize for Humanitarian endeavours awaits such selfless folk...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:44 pm 
Too Big to Fail

So judgemental. Are you 'No' voter by any chance?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next