Follow, retweet @dailypinster

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shane Ross - not in my back yard.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:09 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

GameBlame wrote:
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-patience-for-difficult-john-halligan-wears-thin-1.2783402

Jesus FG are so temperamentally unsuited to getting on with people. First they brief against Ross, now they brief against Halligan. Boxer Moran must be feeling like Martin Niemoller

Just to track this Tourette's that FG have, today in the Irish Times they
- briefed against zappone on childcare. Zappone who is only just in the Dail ended up looking more sensible and reasoned on the news - saying 'we're in discussions'
- briefed against Shane Ross about judicial appointments commission - 'Nobody in FG wants it and nobody in the DoJ wants it. It won't happen'
I suppose there must be a long queue of FG lawyers who they're looking to appoint. The fact that the mandarins in Justice don't want something is a clear indication that it would be transparent and progressive.

If the government collapses over something trivial all this history of sniping and briefing will be a big part of the story

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 am 
Nationalised

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics ... -1.2816757

Quote:
Independent Alliance seeks budget package for pensioners
Shane Ross leads efforts on concessions to demonstrate influence in Government

Quote:
Mr Ross’s advisors are said to have sought advice from lobby group Age Action Ireland on what to look for in budget talks.

radical thinking there Shane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:12 am 
IMF'd

slasher wrote:
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/independent-alliance-seeks-budget-package-for-pensioners-1.2816757

Quote:
Independent Alliance seeks budget package for pensioners
Shane Ross leads efforts on concessions to demonstrate influence in Government

Quote:
Mr Ross’s advisors are said to have sought advice from lobby group Age Action Ireland on what to look for in budget talks.

radical thinking there Shane

Let's get this ecomomy moving! Backwards!

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 pm 
Speculator

Pure cringe:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/commen ... s_for_the/
Quote:
Irish minister for transport takes a bus for the first time:

Because if you don't take a selfie, did it really happen?

it's 10am... nobody is on the bus to work at 10am in Dublin. Of course it's empty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Irish Water’s €80m Stillorgan reservoir plan meets resistance

Irish Water’s plans for an €80 million redevelopment of the Stillorgan reservoir have hit a number of hurdles, including demands from a local authority that 60 per cent of the lands to be turned into a public park.
Minister for Transport Shane Ross has also called for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council to refuse permission for the scheme on the grounds that it would not provide sufficient water for the area’s future needs.

Separately Mr Ross has asked the council not to allow Irish Water to fill in and landscape the two smaller reservoirs, but to retain them for future consumption needs. He asked that the council reject the application “in a bid to encourage Irish Water to make better use of the reservoirs that are currently in place at the Stillorgan site”.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:04 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Location: The Second Æther! Hull Breach Imminent, Eschaton Immanent...
saw the earlier tweets,
wouldn't be bragging about going to work at 9.52 in the morning, seriously slack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 am 
Too Big to Fail

Leo Varadkar, Joan Burton and Jack Chambers objecting to residential developments
The Council gave the go-ahead to demolish Brady's pub at the Old Navan Road, Castleknock, to construct four four-storey apartment blocks on lands zoned for residential development.
Mr Varadkar said he was certain that the plan "will impact on the residential amenity and property values of neighbouring homes". He argued that "the application must be rejected in favour of a more appropriate residential or mixed-use development for this site". http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/va ... 78127.html
:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 am 
Of Systemic Importance

I saw this all the time with them. They'd object but have no problem canvassing those new residential developments once planning permission approved.
Joan sticks out in my memory for her sham opposition to the re-development of the racecourse because of all the privileged voters in Castleknock who didn't want to lose their view.
There was no question that these developments were good for the locality as they were close to amenities already in the locality.
It seems that you can't afford to offend the NIMBYs but the people who aren't yet living in the developments which are to be built won't take offence.
Political expediency rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:27 pm 
Nationalised

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tr ... 35793.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm 
First Time Buyer

Parish Pump at the highest level of government. Bet the number of units was forced well down to prevent any 'ne'er do wells' buying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Because something something Mount Merrion is lacking infrastructure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm 
Private Tenant

I used to nip through Mount Merrion in the morning, on my way from Kilternan to Ballsbridge. I was generally a good way to avoid the traffic on the dualer between Foxrock Church and Booterstown Ave. The area is fairly well served with schools, shops, bars etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Here's Shane's own backyard

Former Ross estate in Enniskerry for €3.75 million
Owned by the late parents of Shane Ross TD, Knockmore in Co Wicklow is a gardener's paradise
http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-styl ... -1.3092192
Quote:
Today the formal gardens comprise three acres, as do the woodlands, with a further nine acres of paddocks...
..Views from the Palladian villa stretch across to the Irish Sea, down the Dargle Valley and over to the Sugar Loaf. In autumn the deciduous forests create a bank of gold and russet walls to flank the verdant fields.
Ruth Isabel, known as Ru-Bel, worked in the highly secretive Enigma project at Bletchley Park during the second World War before coming to Ireland, where she worked as gardening correspondent for The Irish Times....
...Her husband John Ross, after leaving the British Army, read law at Trinity College Dublin. He went on to become a leading figure at the legal firm Matheson Ormsby Prentice. Like his son Shane, he too was elected to the Senate....
...The regency Palladian villa is a charming country property, and though not vast by country home standards at 390sq m/4,190sq ft, it has a really relaxed air about it. Off the grand hallway are two large reception rooms – a drawing- and diningroom, both of which enjoy views of the sea and Dargle valley.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 am 
Under CAB Investigation

FreeFallin wrote:
Here's Shane's own backyard

Former Ross estate in Enniskerry for €3.75 million
Owned by the late parents of Shane Ross TD, Knockmore in Co Wicklow is a gardener's paradise

I always wonder, would the type of person who has 3.75M to buy a house like this really have time for gardening?!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:30 am 
Too Big to Fail

greentree wrote:
I always wonder, would the type of person who has 3.75M to buy a house like this really have time for gardening?!

You don't have to do all of the gardening. You just potter and manage the staff who do all the boring stuff (mowing, weeding, hedge trimming).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next