Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shane Ross - not in my back yard.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:48 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

The Hickey family making some audacious demands on the Irish government - asking them to interfere at the highest level in the judicial processes of a foreign country. I wonder did Pat Hickey in his hugely influential role within the IOC make his feelings known about hosting the Olympics in a country with such a terrible legal system? And given that they say he has a "serious" heart condition what on earth was he doing holding such a stressful and important office?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0826/812179 ... -olympics/
In a statement issued this afternoon, the Hickey family have also called on Minister for Foreign Affairs Charlie Flanagan and Minister for Sport Shane Ross to intervene urgently in addressing "extremely worrying" issues surrounding his arrest and detention and the effect it is having on his health.The family say they are now "gravely concerned about the effect this degrading and humiliating ordeal has had on their father and grandfather and how it continues to affect his physical and mental health".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

I'm quite amazed they found a firm of solicitors willing to act for them. :lol:

Where is the evidence of the negative effect this is having on his health :?:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:25 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

grumpy wrote:
I'm quite amazed they found a firm of solicitors willing to act for them. :lol:

I'm amazed that your amazed :shock:
The legal profession arund the world are lower than snakes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 pm 
Nationalised

tulip wrote:
Evil_g wrote:
tulip wrote:
Duffy is some dope.

He gets paid €416,893 per year. I'm not sure it's him that's the dope.

€417K!!! for a radio show? A radio show that gets snotty about someone being arrested on film? I think I died a little inside.

And he's by no means the highest.
De'Arsey is on around €500k.
One assumes Turbridy is on similar.

RTE believe they have 'stars'.
They believe it's all about the broadcasters, whereas the rest of the industry has moved onto content.

It's nothing but an insignificant regional broadcaster.
There are youtube channels with more viewers.

The licence fee needs to be scrapped.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:15 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I'm surprised it took the family this long
I still think the IOC might do something to bail him out.
It looks from the Policemans words like the Brazilians did and do want to interview Shane Ross, so he did flee.

This is like Pulp Fiction. Pat needs a Winston Wolf figure to go down there and talk some sense into him - make a deal, be humble, kiss Romarios arse, say sorry, pay a fine, resign, pay his own legal fees etc

I agree the whole thing does show the blatant status-ism of the Irish establishment. There's been another guy in prison longer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:23 pm 
Old Time Landlord

Joe, its Kafkesque, I tells ya. Kafkesque.

Maybe its like Der Verwandlung:

One morning as Pat Hickey woke from uneasy dreams he found he had been transformed into a big smug moneygrabbing cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I understand the Hickey's frustration. He's rich and "important" and in jail. No way would it happen in Ireland :D

I know a lot of them, like [Jimmy] Flynn, [Noel] O’Flaherty and the Baileys. You meet the Baileys at Croke Park every time you go there. You can’t avoid getting a slap on the back going in from them. Most of these guys lost their shirt. I feel sorry for them - Bertie Ahern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Been going through the OCI docs.

In 2001-2002 they gave over 75k to the Irish Bobsleigh Association...They gave 55k to the Irish Taekwondo Union... They gave 21k to the Irish Baseball and Softball Association.

To anyone involved in these sports, fair dues and all the best, genuinely. Not exactly leading the popularity charts. But then, small sports have equal votes and you deserve that. Even the smallest ones.

Athletics got 12.5k...

Sure why would they need the money, they are always representing us at the Olympics...

https://www.scribd.com/document/322278745/OCI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:26 am 
Real Estate Developer

This is how blasee they were about touting (FAI etc)...... OP gives an insight!

http://forum.ybig.ie/tickets-being-touted_topic52542.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:41 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Hickey family solicitor got star treatment in Marion Finucane show this AM. Terry Prone directing the fightback?
Very soft focus....old man, health issues, was to walk his grandson to 1st day of school next wk, gives scholarships to needy kids.
He could be up for a Sainthood by the sounds of it when he passes on.

Marion reminded everyone on a few occasions that the things he's accused of aren't crimes back here. Its those backward foreigners in the 3rd world and their crazy laws!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Location: The Second Æther! Hull Breach Imminent, Eschaton Immanent...
Mod: Various edits/deletions to bring this back to it's off-topic topic (having morphed from Shane Ross to Olympic tickets scandal)

Try to
1: keep to topic (or start a new one)
2: pay attention to maintaining a civilised conversation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:05 am 
Under CAB Investigation

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics ... -1.2783402

Jesus FG are so temperamentally unsuited to getting on with people. First they brief against Ross, now they brief against Halligan. Boxer Moran must be feeling like Martin Niemoller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:55 pm 
Nationalised

Halligan is goosed. the report is a model of statistical clarity once they prove that Waterford has an effective catchment of 300k persons only.

http://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads ... Review.pdf

They need extra staff and a few new machines down there but Halligan wants a €2m lab facility instead. Gobdaw.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:13 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Clare Daly also busy opposing new development in her constituency too: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/critic-of-housing-crisis-says-no-to-300-homes-lhc7dkmw5

Quote:
The independent TD Clare Daly, who has criticised the government over the housing shortage, has lodged nine letters of objection to councils over the past 20 months opposing plans for more than 300 homes at a variety of sites in Dublin.

Among the planned schemes to which she objected were 173 homes for Swords in north Dublin, 47 houses in Malahide, and 41 homes in Lusk. In at least one of the plans, the developers had promised to build affordable homes, pointing out that they had already delivered 97 units in the area.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:12 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

More on Clare Daly's objection here....1 of the reasons in 5 of her objections was that the new development may have an adverse impact on existing residents property prices!!!

http://www.kenfoxe.com/2016/09/clare-da ... ty-values/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next