Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Déjà vu?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 am 
Nationalised

Some Background Informtaion:

The following posts made in various threads back in late 2008 are from the same user.

They have been edited into one singular post for posterity. Some may feel of these cryptically predicted events many have now seemingly come to pass with some yet to unfold. The original user in very dramatic fashion after making these posts requested them to be removed. This is not usually facilitated unless there is a breaking of forum policy. However we obliged in this case. Then to our astonishment they returned to clarify certian points after vowing never to post again. How odd.

So it is my judgment alone I believe considering the last few months and recent event of the last few weeks that this information should not be missing from the record as it is of public interest. My personal opinion is what were apparently disconnected posts are now most prescient in light of recent events. Some feared it was an attempt reputation of the pin. Some felt it was nothing but a mere troll. Initially I didn't follow it all that much until after the events when posters started to get excited for various reasons.

In future if users feel they have information or the "next missive" that they would like to communicate to a larger audience there is nothing simpler than sending myself a PM. Reveal by proxy.

Quote:
16 Oct 08

Post 1)

I am sick to the pit of my stomach to see what has played out in the media and I cannot bear it any more. The Irish public deserves better and needs to know the whole truth.

I have access to several people in the dail and these are the rumours that are cirulating in the small tight circle of powerful people who really know what has been happening the last few weeks:

- The events of the last few weeks are nothing compared to what has gone behind closed doors and is only known to the few people that attended top level meetings when the Irish banking system nearly hit the wall a few weeks ago. A financial scandal involving several household names was barely kept away from the public as a result of the panic in the stock market and has since been swept under the carpet. There are many individuals who would end up destroyed if the real story ever gets told. Unfortunately for them, the measures introduced did not stop the shitstorm that is coming. The truth can only be contained for a short while, even as I write a desperate cover up is under way to limit the damage that will be done to the Irish establishment once the journos get their heads around the truth (as one individual almost has). Timeline: 3-6 months.

- Mary Harney and the Green Party are now being repositioned by spin doctors as the fall guys for some of the crap that is coming. Expect Harney to resign and the government to collapse as FF blames everybody but themselves. Timeline: 6 months - 1 year.

- A new government will be formed with FG/Labour and SF. A significant proportion of people in the highest ranks of Irish society will have their careers ended.

The truth is out there.

Post 2)

Think of what I am referring to as property Ansbacher, but with land-banks owned by shell companies. The collapse of the Irish banking system made a few individuals very scared, and scared people loosen their tongues. Our so-called political class is up to their armpits in this crap. This stuff has risen to the surface only accidentally in the last few years (for instance, CAB has been chasing corporate phantoms owned by other corporate phantoms).

As for FG and SF not getting into bed together, I have it on good authority that neither would like to face the electorate and will swallow hard and get on with the business of government.

Times have changed out there. Expect surprises.

Post 3)

he world has changed. FF are not the only party with their fingers in the sweety jar. This cuts right across all political divides. Six months ago, nobody would have predicted what has happened to the Irish economy. Perhaps in about six months from now, the unthinkable will happen.

Ask yourself these questions -

- Why have the Irish banks been bailed out and yet no senior banking figures been axed, unlike nearly every other country in Europe in similar circumstances?
- Why did the Financial Regulator not clamp down on irresponsible bank lending to developers?
- Why are the full banking liabilities kept secret?
- Why were Section 23 tax breaks continued even when those in the 'know' saw that the bubble was bursting?

Look to Mr.Juan Antonio Roca of Marbella, as an example.

Look to Argentina. Where is our Elisa Carrió?

There is an elephant is the living room.

Watch this space. Carefully.

Post 4)

Clues. I cannot name names, even hint at names (sorry E).
But I will tell you how it works. Spin doctors are cynical depraved individuals and will use anything to create and manipulate the public sentiment. Just like a stage magician will be flourishing his hand with a handkerchief, while the other hand is actually up to something devious while you are not watching.

Always watch the hand they do not want you to look at.

For instance. It seems politically strange and naive to attack pensioners and remove their medical cards, when all you are saving is €100 million. There are easier ways to save this money without arousing such hostility.

However, this does two things. It will fill the airwaves with shouting and complaining (possibly justified) about 'the poor old people' for weeks and diverts attention away from 'the other hand', the one they do not want you to see. Another prediction - the pensioners will get to keep their medical cards (mostly) whilst at the same time isolating Mary Harney for a future fall when it is politically expedient. While the media obsesses about medical cards, the banking scheme was released, the terrible truth covered up for another little while and the FF head honchos disappear conveniently off the Irish stage to Brussels.

The plan all along was to arouse public hostility as a smoke screen. The medical card fiasco is a huge red herring.

In the coming weeks and months, keep watching the hand the magician does not want you to notice. To quote someone we know, it is all 'smokes and daggers'.

Post 5)

17 oct 08

I am just saying what I hear. You are entitled to your opinion.

Things have changed fast since I last posted – (link)

It seems that those with something to lose are getting nervous. The announcement that the financial regulator will be examining the banks debts has meant that time is even more limited than I speculated earlier for the massive cover up at the center of the Celtic Tiger to be exposed. The book keepers in the UK and elsewhere are planning to pull the plug if this is not contained. This means using the nuclear option. In the next few weeks an Irish bank will be allowed to fail and a major public figure will be the scape goat. The banks liabilities will be conveniently absorbed by the government without having to disclose who owed what. This seems to be Plan A.

But, just in case, Harney, the Greens and even FF are now exposed to the wrath of the Irish public, the smoke screen of the medical cards was nearly too successful. A useful sideshow. But it has caused deep instability within the government (as it was intended to do) because those behind the scenes with everything to lose are considering relinquishing power in order to save their own skins from the storm that is coming. This seems to be Plan B.

In 2002 and 2005 this scandal was contained, in different and vicious ways. It may not be so easy to cover it up now. The government may fall on its own sword to save the people with real power.

Look for the patterns in the Capital Expenditure Program. Expect Chinese money to be used creatively. There may also be an announcement from the EU on something unexpected. Sir Alan Walters may have been right and if so, this cover up will lead us into Argentinian territory. This may be the unintended Plan C, accompanied by a new Flight of the Earls, except this time the Earls are more crooks than nobles.

The game is nearly up.

20 Oct 08

A conspiracy theorist might suggest that the weaker banks have pulled a stroke over the bigger ones - AIB and Bank of Ireland - using the Department of Finance in the process. Surely not? Could this happen in our clear-thinking country? Could our Department of Finance favour one bank over another? Never!

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=DAVID+McWilliams-qqqs=commentandanalysis-qqqid=36811-qqqx=1.asp

One for the sceptics. I won't be able to post again.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject: Re: Déjà vu?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Open Window wrote:
16 Oct 08

Post 1)

[Mod edit: snipped large quote]

I confess I have no idea what youre on about....

The Juan Antonio Roca 'clue' indicates a money laundering angle... thats about as far as I can get.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 am 
Nationalised

needle wrote:
I confess I have no idea what youre on about....

The Juan Antonio Roca 'clue' indicates a money laundering angle... thats about as far as I can get.....

The above are quotes from a poster - "deepthroat" - who posted some portentous warnings. See:
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:sM ... ient=opera

Last edited by What Goes Up... on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:11 am 
Nationalised

Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
deepthroat wrote:
Quote:
16 Oct 08

Post 1)

I am sick to the pit of my stomach to see what has played out in the media and I cannot bear it any more. The Irish public deserves better and needs to know the whole truth.

Hah. :roll:

Spit it out man if that's the case, the only thing you can garner from deepthroat's tea leaf reading is he was demonstrably wrong thus far about an Irish Bank being allowed to fail, Anglo being taken in hand basically makes a mockery of his Plan A suggestion.

Nowhere did he mention that the nationalisation of Anglo would be the machiavellian move to beat all machiavellis, so what he says is pure bunk in my opinion and we do ourselves a disservice to pay any attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 am 
Of Systemic Importance

BrendanG wrote:
Can you fix the SBP link please

Fixed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am 
Under CAB Investigation

I have to say this article in today's IT got me thinking, even before I read this post:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king19.htm

Quote:
The Government has removed a clause from its draft legislation to nationalise Anglo Irish Bank that would have prevented depositors with €20 million or more in the bank from withdrawing funds if their debts exceeded that figure....
"The clause was inserted as a precautionary measure," the spokesman said. "The Attorney General has since advised that it is unnecessary."
Minister of State Martin Mansergh also told RTE’s Morning Ireland he was not aware of any legal representations made on behalf of such depositors which may have contributed to the decision.

The Flight of the Cannies 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 am 
Too Big to Fail

The blood must have drained from the face of a few very rich corrupt bastards when they saw us on TV. Not quite on the button but way too close for comfort.

BTW. FG and many others are reading the pin and are members.
I have noticed a number of statements by FG about stuff I have been saying on the Pin about correcting the political environment in this country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 am 
Nationalised

BertieBasher wrote:
The blood must have drained from the face of a few very rich corrupt bastards when they saw us on TV. Not quite on the button but way too close for comfort.

I have noticed a number of statements by FG about stuff I have been saying on the Pin about correcting the political environment in this country.

Hubris.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 am 
Too Big to Fail

The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
BertieBasher wrote:

Hubris.

Yes. You're right I got ahead of myself. FG are a smart bunch and they have all the ideas. Sure they saw all this coming and capitilised on it. Silly me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 pm 
Nationalised

BertieBasher wrote:

That, to me, is the point of the Pin though - isn't it? People get to say what they really feel without being tied to their corporate/party line, and others get to be educated in plain speak and the facts as they are.

The information* is dispersed out there, it just needs a place like this to corral it together and put a little context to it.

Share the knowledge and learn from others. Educate ourselves and raise our ambitions. Give the next generation a better place to inherit.

*Whether it's house prices, Geo-politics, National/local politics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, books, films, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm 
Nationalised

What Goes Up... wrote:
BertieBasher wrote:

That, to me, is the point of the Pin though - isn't it? People get to say what they really feel without being tied to their corporate/party line, and others get to be educated in plain speak and the facts as they are.

The information* is dispersed out there, it just needs a place like this to corral it together and put a little context to it.

Share the knowledge and learn from others. Educate ourselves and raise our ambitions. Give the next generation a better place to inherit.

*Whether it's house prices, Geo-politics, National/local politics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, books, films, etc.

Exaclty.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 pm 
Nationalised

Open Window wrote:
Exaclty.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 pm 
Nationalised

The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
Open Window wrote:
Exaclty.

Exactly.

Exactly... I is a learnin' 8DD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:18 pm 
Nationalised

I was all for the consipracy theory but for it to work in this scenario it would want to be huge. Something so big to be worth sacrificing the nation to cover up would have to involve so many people that it would never stay secret for long. Im thinkin its just incompetent politicians relying on bad advice. Really bad advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:24 pm 
Nationalised

Blindjustice BATONEFFECT wrote:
I was all for the consipracy theory but for it to work in this scenario it would want to be huge. Something so big to be worth sacrificing the nation to cover up would have to involve so many people that it would never stay secret for long. Im thinkin its just incompetent politicians relying on bad advice. Really bad advice.

Bertie would be the exception to that theory no? The sums where paltry, well the ones we knew about .....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next