Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125
 Post subject: Re: The Quinn Collapse
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

No I don't believe comical ever fessed up. One did, ex-AIB non-exec. Trying to remember his name.

At least Sean can focus on pig farming.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:07 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Jim O'Leary - http://www.londonspeakerbureau.com/speakers/jim_oleary

Attended a investment thing where he made a very frank presentation about the shortcomings of non-executive directors in AIB.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:02 am 
Neo Landlord

mr_anderson wrote:
I find the whole Quinn debacle fascinating, but from a psychological perspective.

He comes across as a man who stubbornly refused to accept that he lost.

Having fallen from the mountain top, he acts like he's automatically entitled to stay there and demands a cable car ride back up.

It's probably not helping that everyone in Cavan supports him (t'was those jackeens who caused it all), as they reinforce his own bubble.

But unfortunately, the good citizens of Cavan don't control the company he founded (and lost).
And I'd say the new owners really don't have the time or patience to entertain him any more.

By the way, has anyone in this entire bust come out with their hands up and said 'I fucked up !' ?
Think I remember Austin Hughes doing it.

By no means would "everyone in Cavan" support Quinn in the same way that not everyone in Dublin supported the Anglo insiders.

The area he is from, and where his plants are located, is right on the Cavan/Fermanagh border with operations mostly on the Fermanagh side. So we are talking about border people here, they are a clan all to themselves. People along a narrow strip of the border from Donegal to Louth have a history of smuggling and lawlessness and this is just another indicator. Try repossessing a business along the Armagh/Monaghan border or giving evidence against one of these people in court and see how smoothly that would go.

You have got to understand the history here of the ROI/NI border, think localised mini-Mafia with Republican sympathies (when it suits).

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

when the troubles flare up again, I wonder where its going to start?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125