Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Anglogate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Sep 13, 2012
Posts: 5194
Rimbaud wrote:
maryocarol wrote:
He was not acting alone, was he the fallout guy. Where are the rest and sundry of Anglo Irish bank. Who underwrited his largesse and who were the guarantors for the borrowings. There will be many unanswered questions here. There were a pack of fraudsters in that bank, too numerous to be mentioned.


He was hardly a patsy or counter clerk,he was the CEO so yes,the buck stops entirely with him.Stop making excuses for this fucker.

Over-reaction. Nobody is making the case to excuse him.

_________________
"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favour"
Tyrion Lannister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Mar 30, 2016
Posts: 624
Rimbaud wrote:
maryocarol wrote:
He was not acting alone, was he the fallout guy. Where are the rest and sundry of Anglo Irish bank. Who underwrited his largesse and who were the guarantors for the borrowings. There will be many unanswered questions here. There were a pack of fraudsters in that bank, too numerous to be mentioned.


He was hardly a patsy or counter clerk,he was the CEO so yes,the buck stops entirely with him.Stop making excuses for this fucker.


id like to see the then acting governor of the central bank and financial regulator both implicated as well, Drumm and Casey et al are the scapegoats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Aug 19, 2011
Posts: 769
Quote:
BREAKING: Former Anglo Irish Bank CEO David Drumm has been jailed for six years over false accounting and €7.2bn conspiracy to defraud


https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/stat ... 1323043843

Former Anglo CEO David Drumm sentenced to six years in prison
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 30205.html

Earlier...

Former Anglo CEO David Drumm 'ready' for today's sentencing, accepts 'it must be custodial'
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 31201.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Posts: 1489
Location: ZimbabwEire
Not nearly long enough.

_________________
"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
—Hunter S Thompson-The Great Shark Hunt, 1979


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Posts: 4466
Location: Mesopotatia
I see he got leniency for time served in the states. Was the fact he ran off to the states in the first place and then fought extradition factored in at all? It doesn't sound like it was.

_________________
The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 14, 2013
Posts: 1897
Dubhgeannain wrote:
I see he got leniency for time served in the states. Was the fact he ran off to the states in the first place and then fought extradition factored in at all? It doesn't sound like it was.

Yeah, that strikes me as odd. Still 6years is a reasonable stretch. Leaving the seen of the crime clearly doesn't cost you. Hopefully the government will invest more in prosecuting white collar crime.

_________________
An increase in the number of paupers does not broaden the market. M. Kalecki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3518
Location: Bogtrotterland!
Six years, he'll probably end up in Shelton Abbey and be out in three years with good behaviour.

_________________
"Democracy is like sausage, you want it, but you don't want to know how it is made". [John Godfrey Saxe]
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 5857
Location: SthDub
Judge said yesterday if he'd admitted guilt, she'd have taken a considerable lump of the 6 year sentence off.
So an 8 year sentence less 2 years for loss of reputation/damaged future employment status and 5 months taken off for time served in the US...less 25% automatically because this is Ireland...that should equate to 3 years,7 months in actual prison here. And that's before the appeal.
But I doubt he'll serve that time inside. Lack of spaces/day release for preparation of full release etc will come into place


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Posts: 1818
werpen wrote:
Dubhgeannain wrote:
I see he got leniency for time served in the states. Was the fact he ran off to the states in the first place and then fought extradition factored in at all? It doesn't sound like it was.

Yeah, that strikes me as odd. Still 6years is a reasonable stretch. Leaving the seen of the crime clearly doesn't cost you. Hopefully the government will invest more in prosecuting white collar crime.


Same here - sends the wrong signal to others who might think it's worth fighting extradition. Should have ignored it or been less lenient.

Any guesses why he pleaded not guilty?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 5857
Location: SthDub
Ixelles wrote:
Any guesses why he pleaded not guilty?

Arrogance? Self delusion? Feeling victimised?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Posts: 11698
Location: Multiverse
David Drumm Released On Good Behaviour After Arriving At Prison

Quote:
CITING his exemplary record within the first 14 seconds as a prisoner, disgraced former Anglo banker David Drumm has been released on good behaviour following his conviction for conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan explained the rationale for the early release, which took many members of the public by surprise, some of whom can’t recall what is was Drumm had done again, but knew it was bad and that it made them very angry.
...
“You’d feel sorry for him, they’re some amount of scumbags in prison; his cellmate was going to be some lad who claimed the dole for two weeks even though he had a job. Horrible, shameless evil bastard like that put in with a sound lad like Drumm, your conscience couldn’t take it,” concluded the minister.


http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/06/21/breaking-david-drumm-released-on-good-behaviour-after-arriving-at-prison/

Yep it's from WW ... but for a second you thought it was true.
And that says so much about the times we live in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:56 am 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Posts: 8641
Location: London, innit
mr_anderson wrote:
David Drumm Released On Good Behaviour After Arriving At Prison

Quote:
CITING his exemplary record within the first 14 seconds as a prisoner, disgraced former Anglo banker David Drumm has been released on good behaviour following his conviction for conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan explained the rationale for the early release, which took many members of the public by surprise, some of whom can’t recall what is was Drumm had done again, but knew it was bad and that it made them very angry.
...
“You’d feel sorry for him, they’re some amount of scumbags in prison; his cellmate was going to be some lad who claimed the dole for two weeks even though he had a job. Horrible, shameless evil bastard like that put in with a sound lad like Drumm, your conscience couldn’t take it,” concluded the minister.


http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/06/21/breaking-david-drumm-released-on-good-behaviour-after-arriving-at-prison/

Yep it's from WW ... but for a second you thought it was true.
And that says so much about the times we live in.



so brave from Waterford Whispers as usual!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Apr 28, 2010
Posts: 791
slasher wrote:
mr_anderson wrote:
David Drumm Released On Good Behaviour After Arriving At Prison

Quote:
CITING his exemplary record within the first 14 seconds as a prisoner, disgraced former Anglo banker David Drumm has been released on good behaviour following his conviction for conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan explained the rationale for the early release, which took many members of the public by surprise, some of whom can’t recall what is was Drumm had done again, but knew it was bad and that it made them very angry.
...
“You’d feel sorry for him, they’re some amount of scumbags in prison; his cellmate was going to be some lad who claimed the dole for two weeks even though he had a job. Horrible, shameless evil bastard like that put in with a sound lad like Drumm, your conscience couldn’t take it,” concluded the minister.


http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/06/21/breaking-david-drumm-released-on-good-behaviour-after-arriving-at-prison/

Yep it's from WW ... but for a second you thought it was true.
And that says so much about the times we live in.



so brave from Waterford Whispers as usual!


And as funny as always!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Posts: 4466
Location: Mesopotatia
Well he's working on that good behaviour record already

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/d ... 72192.html

Quote:
Multi-billion euro fraudster David Drumm is working as a cleaner in the basement of Mountjoy Prison, the Irish Examiner understands.

_________________
The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drumm Guilty!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 am 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Posts: 1489
Location: ZimbabwEire
He will end up paying significant wedge to the incarcerated cast of love/hate for protection, failure to do so will result in intimidation beatings or rape.Prisons like mountojoy are utterly brutal and there is no sofas to hide behind.

I'm presuming he will spend his entire sentence there?

_________________
"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."
—Hunter S Thompson-The Great Shark Hunt, 1979


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Anglogate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com