Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » theideapin.com - Open Dev

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: theideapin.com what is it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am 
Back Home with Mammy

Thinking about this some more.

I like the suggestion by someone of Digg like functionality to vote for ideas.

Also it can be hard to follow an idea in the form of posts in a forum. An idea is suggested and then there is the back and forth discussion between posters with their suggestions. comments etc. - but this can be hard to get an overview. So I think there will need to be some sort of wiki-like page summarising the idea. The idea can start as a forum discussion then a wiki drawn up from that. If there is a wiki anyone can see in a succinct, coherent form the summary of the idea and it can be discussed in a forum discussion.

People should also be able to suggest things that they want solved that they may not have the solutions too. Recognising a problem and pointing it out to others can be a good source for innovation. I'm sure there are many people who will have good ideas for solutions.

k

Last edited by kirian on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm 
Property Magnate

I like the idea of the wiki Kirian. I also think we need to mine the threads here so far for ideas, and also the educational posts for an education section as someone suggested before. We need to connect this site and the ideapin in as many ways as possible, to make it easy to transfer info and flip between the 2. And if we could have the diggs type way of recommending too that would be great.

This might sound far fetched and impossible, but as in my view, we should be working towards ideas that work well with other ideas, so that all systems are co operating in a holistic manner, rather than working against each other, it would be great if there was some way of mathematically being able to plot the connectivity of ideas in 3D, maybe like a view of the earth from space at night, with the ideas being like light spots and the connectivity being pathways of light that grow brighter and finally connect with other light spots. If people can see the progression it will make them want to come back and fill in the dark spots. Does that make sense? Does anyone with a clue no if that's feasible/possible?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm 
Too Big to Fail

jellybelly wrote:
This might sound far fetched and impossible, but as in my view, we should be working towards ideas that work well with other ideas, so that all systems are co operating in a holistic manner, rather than working against each other, it would be great if there was some way of mathematically being able to plot the connectivity of ideas in 3D, maybe like a view of the earth from space at night, with the ideas being like light spots and the connectivity being pathways of light that grow brighter and finally connect with other light spots. If people can see the progression it will make them want to come back and fill in the dark spots. Does that make sense? Does anyone with a clue no if that's feasible/possible?

Sounds like a 3D 'mindmap'.

Certainly visualisation of information is very important. Perhaps something like this could be done with the Google earth technology, utilising layers and all the other tools on there? (perhaps create a new 'pin-planet' or something?)

Still, what underlies the visual presentation of the information is some type of 'categorisation' - whether done manually, or by some kind of 'intelligent' categorisation software, or ontological based categorisation etc... Also, 'rating' of information (by users or dedicated team or software) to help the quality rise to the top.

Then, XML is a good tool for organising (and 'connecting') information. Particulary XTM (XML based topic maps).

Wikis are great...

Various 'Knowledge discovery systems' are also available to uncover and contextualise information.

Anyway, it's a long while since I was involved with these types of projects, so my knowledge on it is probably out of date. But I think the most important thing is that a dedicated individual or team takes ownership of the job of making information available to users in a way that utilises and rates all the information that is available, and makes sense to users... tough gig though ;)

Last edited by roc on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:12 pm 
Too Big to Fail

delete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 am 
Back Home with Mammy

It's an interesting idea!

Some random thoughts follow... I'm not sure its in the spirit of a co-op, but may generate some discussion :x

Tho as mentioned there is a blur between what is social and what is commercial... in that the best commercial ideas are the ones that have a social impact!

So to get things started, what would be theideapin's objective(s)?

* To make the world a better place?
* To foster non commercial ideas?
* To be a sounding board?
* To mentor?
* To allow people to collaborate on an idea?

One thing that does concern me, is that it could require a too broader range of knowledge and posters to get started, and that there are probably more specific forums out their with the person with the idea would get better feedback from, and put forward ideas to the target market.

An example, property-bee :D

One of the posters on globalhousepricecrash.com created propertysnake.co.uk, and in it's early days covered rightmove. It took off, but then they got a "cease and desist" from rightmove, claiming it was breaking the conditions of their site.

At the time, posts were made on GHPC (in a private forum), and I suggested perhaps the solution is a less automated (ie not spidering their site) and more distributed (ie there's no one central target which if brought down kills off the idea)

Then a longtime later, I revisited the idea, prototyped it and posted it to the members forum, everyone liked it so it was moved to the public forums... and it took off :D

If it wasn't for those members in that private forum liking it... and they liked it because it solved a problem that they were facing, then pb won't of taken off.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is putting forward your ideas to the end user is always going to be better than posting it to a wide range of people.

Having said that, I can see the benefit of posting to a wider audience and the "cross-pollination" of ideas, for example rather than X, Y and Z to try create a similar solution to a problem, for them to combine forces and work together.

So my first reaction is site which allows people to

* register a project or social idea (which may or may not have a "home" somewhere else on the web)

* join an existing project and provide help, comments or give advice

ie it's almost a dating agency for ideas :lol:

And of course there's also scope to provide those ideas which don't have a home with one.

As an aside, I was thinking how would someone post an idea and legally put it into the public domain? Initial thought was a Creative Commons license and low and behold... "Week Left in Pooling Ideas Competition!"... yes its about mashing up a film, tweak an artwork or remix a poem. However I think it maybe worth talking to them, as theideapin could be something like a public (as in members of the public) version of "Science Commons"

Cheers
BH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:31 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Some good ideas there beerhunter.

Quote:
* To make the world a better place?
* To foster non commercial ideas?
* To be a sounding board?
* To mentor?
* To allow people to collaborate on an idea?

I'd hope "all of the above" is the answer here.
It's hard to know isn't it.
I'd guess get the thing up and running and see how it evolves.

Commercial ideas could be a real sticking point as money will always complicate things.
Having said that, if there is money to be made people will figure a way around any potential problems.

Also, thanks for the property bee. It certainly makes the world a better place. :D
Quote:
ie it's almost a dating agency for ideas
This did cross my mind. They do have speed dating for businesses so this is simply taking it online.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:34 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I have an idea, put a photo of the property at the top of its post so that when its withdrawn from Daft etc you can still see what it was. :idea:

"If you were to mention to grown-ups: 'Ive seen a beautiful house built with pink bricks, with geraniums on the windowsills and doves on the roof....' they would not be able to imagine such a house. You would have to say to them: 'I saw a house worth a hundred thousand pounds'. Then they would exclaim: 'Oh! How lovely.'"

(Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Post subject: Ideapin...came unstuck?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm 
Homeless

Has this idea gone supernova dead???

http://Www.theideapin.com >>> has been hijacked by some boring dutch dude called Philipp Schmid.

I was looking for somewhere to bounce business ideas around.
I have money. I have time as I am not working. I have some ideas...but meh
I have experience working in catering 2 years. Business analyst in insurance comps, banks(lol if u must) for 7 years.

Where would one find stats on what businesses types have succeeded/commenced, in Ireland, over the last 4 years?

Post subject: Re: Ideapin...came unstuck?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 am 
First Time Buyer

Matress wrote:

http://Www.theideapin.com >>> has been hijacked by some boring dutch dude called Philipp Schmid.

I have experience working in catering 2 years. Business analyst in insurance comps, banks(lol if u must) for 7 years.

Where would one find stats on what businesses types have succeeded/commenced, in Ireland, over the last 4 years?

I like the sentiment and idea of this, think the COOP idea is super, isn't it interesting though that a topic that has the enormous potential (IMHO) to take us out of the mess gets less attention than commenting on what has happened.

Anyone suggest why that is

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 am 
Nationalised

Nickyn wrote:
Matress wrote:

I like the sentiment and idea of this, think the COOP idea is super, isn't it interesting though that a topic that has the enormous potential (IMHO) to take us out of the mess gets less attention than commenting on what has happened.

That is a general pattern on the pin. I don't see it as negative. It just is.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 am 
First Time Buyer

Open Window wrote:
Nickyn wrote:
Matress wrote:

That is a general pattern on the pin. I don't see it as negative. It just is.

So the Banks exist to make money, Political system is corrupt, Big Business couldn't give a shit about peopel, and so on... so just accept it 'cause "it just is"

I think you underestimate the pin, I think it is more than just is, but the general population do need a mind shift from just is.
Yes Idealistic and very optimistic, but you quoted Edison which proves the apparent or percieved impossible is very possible, it just needs persistance

Now theres another idea - shift the general population's mindset

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 am 
Nationalised

My point was not clear. What I meant by "just is" was that only a small single digit percentage of the population are in fact of the kind that engages reality to make that change through intervention.

Point being the pin is heavy heavy on analysis, analysts are not by nature primary movers and shakers.

Changing mindset is not actually that hard, in fact mindset is not really a big problem at all. There is a school of thought and its very active here that you need to "change people" on the contrary you'd be a fool to try and do that. People have shown themselves to be far quicker at responding to the new reality. It might not seem apparent but it is the case. Its a simple matter that the information has been controlled and held back for so long as to disadvantage the majority of people.

Any movement or change to make that hold people in contempt will end up repeating the mistakes of the past and resemble what came before.

So what you must do is tackle the amassed and centralized power of vested interests whom have a formidable grasp on most of the control mechanisms that dictate social life and thinking.

The only way to do that is liberate the information allow it to flow.

Truth is you are dealing with a flow system and the more you do to encourage that flow system to express itself optimally as possible you will achieve equilibrium. Those who build dams might as well build castles in the sand. Our politicians have spent careers engineering these castles in the sand.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Very sage, OW. You're dead right though - this is the way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 pm 
Nationalised

Its a great time to do interesting things. A few can always see the flow in its dynamic entirety always but now we have reached a period where the true system has reveled itself to all, the flow system revealed but the fools are still spinning castles in the sand.

They are Midus and they are not Midus.

They themselves have created the foundation for mindset change unbeknowns to themselves.

This is the only payoff. An open window.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:26 am 
First Time Buyer

Open Window wrote:
My point was not clear. What I meant by "just is" was that only a small single digit percentage of the population are in fact of the kind that engages reality to make that change through intervention.

Point being the pin is heavy heavy on analysis, analysts are not by nature primary movers and shakers.

Changing mindset is not actually that hard, in fact mindset is not really a big problem at all. There is a school of thought and its very active here that you need to "change people" on the contrary you'd be a fool to try and do that. People have shown themselves to be far quicker at responding to the new reality. It might not seem apparent but it is the case. Its a simple matter that the information has been controlled and held back for so long as to disadvantage the majority of people.

Any movement or change to make that hold people in contempt will end up repeating the mistakes of the past and resemble what came before.

So what you must do is tackle the amassed and centralized power of vested interests whom have a formidable grasp on most of the control mechanisms that dictate social life and thinking.

The only way to do that is liberate the information allow it to flow.

Truth is you are dealing with a flow system and the more you do to encourage that flow system to express itself optimally as possible you will achieve equilibrium. Those who build dams might as well build castles in the sand. Our politicians have spent careers engineering these castles in the sand.

I like your idea and thought process, but I wouldn't mind giving things a little nudge to speed it along :nin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » theideapin.com - Open Dev