Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » theideapin.com - Open Dev

Post subject: Onestop site for all your financial dealings
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:30 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I have just come across this site from the US in the last few days. The site is mint.com. It allows you to set up and manage all your online banking and brokerage accounts in one place. It also offers financial advice. You can get more details on the site itself. It seems to me that there might be an opportunity for a similar type of site for the Irish/Uk market. Maybe there is one already but I have not come across it.

I might put some thought into how one might go about this but I am kinda lazy and if somebody else is interested in taking it on then go for it :wink:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
- Cicero

Post subject: Re: Onestop site for all your financial dealings
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 am 
Under CAB Investigation

I note that the Sunday Business Post has an article in the Money and Markets section titled 'Managing your money online', which references Mint.com in the final section 'Free online options', '...including Mint.com, wesabe.com, geezeo.com and just thrive.com...'. Further in the article it goes on to say 'Most of these web-based personal financial planning services are putting in place links with Irish banks,...'. It looks like these guys might be trying to beat any Irish version to the punch.

I couldn't find the article on the SBP site so I have selectively quoted above. Interesting timimg that they run a story with reference to Mint.com just a short while after I mention it here. Thanks for the torpedo guys :)

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
- Cicero

Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » theideapin.com - Open Dev