Follow, retweet @dailypinster




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Posts: 11564
Location: Multiverse
slasher wrote:
Yesreb backwards is Bersey. Sean Dunne previously had a company call Berland. Am I reading too much into this?


Aww Jesus man, this is going to get like those clues on 3-2-1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:12 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Dec 2, 2013
Posts: 2367
onlyone wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
How, after all we have been through in the past few years, could Dublin CC grrant planning permission for a development around a private residence where he owners of that residence were'nt known and were hiding behind a Cypriot registered company.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.1984188
Quote:
Yesreb sought permission to develop and extend the house and build four new houses on the grounds. Dublin City Council granted permission in March for the development on condition that the number of new houses was reduced to three. Yesreb is appealing the reduction while a number of residents on Shrewsbury Road have appealed against the entire development.
In closing submissions on the third day of the hearing, planner Anne Mulcrone, acting for neighbouring resident Stephen MacKenzie, said “the true nature and identity of the applicant is crucial”.



It appears to be owned by a company called Yesreb. The ownership of Yesreb is irrelevant to a planning application, and a red herring. When Google applies to build an office, nobody cares who owns Google. Same here.



Clearly we do care so it's not the same. Have we right to care ? Yes of course. If you have to give your bloody PPS no. for water then why do you have to declare who the beneficial owners are in a planning application.

If you take a convicted criminal like Jim Mansfield (senior :lol: ) he had a long track record ignoring planning conditions why should he get to hide behind off shore shell companies ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 1867
GameBlame wrote:
If you have to give your bloody PPS no. for water then why do you have to declare who the beneficial owners are in a planning application.

You don't have to give your PPS number :)

However choosing this option means you pay for all water used i.e. no free allowance


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 5545
Location: SthDub
onlyone wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
How, after all we have been through in the past few years, could Dublin CC grrant planning permission for a development around a private residence where he owners of that residence were'nt known and were hiding behind a Cypriot registered company.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.1984188
Quote:
Yesreb sought permission to develop and extend the house and build four new houses on the grounds. Dublin City Council granted permission in March for the development on condition that the number of new houses was reduced to three. Yesreb is appealing the reduction while a number of residents on Shrewsbury Road have appealed against the entire development.
In closing submissions on the third day of the hearing, planner Anne Mulcrone, acting for neighbouring resident Stephen MacKenzie, said “the true nature and identity of the applicant is crucial”.



It appears to be owned by a company called Yesreb. The ownership of Yesreb is irrelevant to a planning application, and a red herring. When Google applies to build an office, nobody cares who owns Google. Same here.


We know who owns google....there's a share register with names on it. There's a CEO, a board etc.

This is a private residence in a residential area...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 pm 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Posts: 889
onlyone wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
How, after all we have been through in the past few years, could Dublin CC grrant planning permission for a development around a private residence where he owners of that residence were'nt known and were hiding behind a Cypriot registered company.
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.1984188
Quote:
Yesreb sought permission to develop and extend the house and build four new houses on the grounds. Dublin City Council granted permission in March for the development on condition that the number of new houses was reduced to three. Yesreb is appealing the reduction while a number of residents on Shrewsbury Road have appealed against the entire development.
In closing submissions on the third day of the hearing, planner Anne Mulcrone, acting for neighbouring resident Stephen MacKenzie, said “the true nature and identity of the applicant is crucial”.



It appears to be owned by a company called Yesreb. The ownership of Yesreb is irrelevant to a planning application, and a red herring. When Google applies to build an office, nobody cares who owns Google. Same here.


However in this case the planning application proved to be controversial and a group of residents objected. Dublin City Council approved, residents appealed, An Bord Pleanala upheld approval. The residents have no way of knowing whether any of the people involved in the approval of this development were beneficial owners, or related to beneficial owners of Yesreb. I think it would be interesting if the residents took cases against individual members of Dublin City Council and An Bord Pleanala asking them to prove that they had no beneficial interest.

If the state provides facilities (in this case planning approval) that is to the material benefit of individuals then it must be able to show that those providing the facilities have no connection to the beneficiaries - the only way for this to be shown is that we know who the beneficiaries (the owners of Walford) are. We had exactly the same issue with Carrickmines - as usual the state has failed to learn, to the cost of its citizens. As far as I am concerned I am at liberty to believe that someone in either Dublin City Cooncil or An Bord Pleanala has benefited from this decision.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:25 pm 
Offline
IMF'd

Joined: Sep 13, 2007
Posts: 31400
Location: Tullamore
metalmike wrote:
If the state provides facilities (in this case planning approval) that is to the material benefit of individuals then it must be able to show that those providing the facilities have no connection to the beneficiaries - the only way for this to be shown is that we know who the beneficiaries (the owners of Walford) are. We had exactly the same issue with Carrickmines - as usual the state has failed to learn, to the cost of its citizens. As far as I am concerned I am at liberty to believe that someone in either Dublin City Cooncil or An Bord Pleanala has benefited from this decision.

Absolutely. Transparency has to be, eh, transparent!

_________________
"It is impossible to design a system so perfect that no one needs to be good."

So long and thanks for all the fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 pm 
Online
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 4916
Dunne to proceed with US bankruptcy action

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1107/657486 ... nne-court/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:40 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Aug 4, 2007
Posts: 5293
Location: Ahernistan
TheJackal wrote:
Dunne to proceed with US bankruptcy action

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1107/657486 ... nne-court/


And then thinks better of it !

Quote:
Property developer Sean Dunne has thrown in the towel on his attempt to walk away from about €700 million in debts through the US bankruptcy courts.

In a major victory for the National Asset Management Agency, his biggest creditor, Mr Dunne has abandoned his bid to seek a fresh financial start

Mr Dunne’s lawyer James Berman told a court in Connecticut that the US-based developer had “elected to waive his discharge [from bankruptcy].”


Another fine example of the keen analysis of the IT. Seanie is no longer trying to proceed with the US process, so this is obviously a massive win for NAMA .... & then they include this quote in the same article

Quote:
A hearing on whether he should have to hand over financial information to Nama – scheduled to be heard by the court – was “moot,” his lawyer told a US bankruptcy judge.


Now call me cynical; but I somehow imagine that this decision, is less about Dunne being scared of NAMA, & wanting to fess up to his debts; & more about a realization that proceeding in the US could well lead to a situation where "€700 million in debts", isn't as big a deal, as all those debts, plus 5 years inside a Federal Prison in the US, & being kicked out of the US at the end of the sentence, to return to Ireland, where he would also face criminal charges. :nin

_________________
"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 1, 2007
Posts: 2211
http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1202/664133 ... ankruptcy/

Quote:
Dunne to stand liable for €700m he owes creditors


Expensive hide and seek

_________________
LEFT = RIGHT

Both trying to ride me...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Aug 4, 2007
Posts: 5293
Location: Ahernistan
jake76 wrote:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1202/664133-dunne-bankruptcy/

Quote:
Dunne to stand liable for €700m he owes creditors


Expensive hide and seek


Isn't he lucky that his wife is independently wealthy ....

_________________
"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17018
Location: To the right of the decimal place
fishfoodie wrote:
jake76 wrote:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1202/664133-dunne-bankruptcy/

Quote:
Dunne to stand liable for €700m he owes creditors


Expensive hide and seek


Isn't he lucky that his wife is independently wealthy ....


She had a lot of love & affection to give.

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:34 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Sep 13, 2012
Posts: 4793
Does anybody actually know what Gayle's contribution to the business was?

I have no idea but I find the "former gossip columnist" line frequently parroted by the Irish Times a bit snarky and misogynistic. She may not be a rocket scientist but it's not like genius was a prerequisite for short term success in Irish property development.

_________________
"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favour"
Tyrion Lannister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:39 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17018
Location: To the right of the decimal place
Eschatologist wrote:
Does anybody actually know what Gayle's contribution to the business was?

I have no idea but I find the "former gossip columnist" line frequently parroted by the Irish Times a bit snarky and misogynistic. She may not be a rocket scientist but it's not like genius was a prerequisite for short term success in Irish property development.


Her company did some interior design & fitout for some of Dunne's properties.

Plus she ironed "the occasional shirt".

And of course you can't put a price on "love and affection". Oh wait, she did...

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:28 pm 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Posts: 8370
Location: London, innit
Eschatologist wrote:
Does anybody actually know what Gayle's contribution to the business was?

I have no idea but I find the "former gossip columnist" line frequently parroted by the Irish Times a bit snarky and misogynistic. She may not be a rocket scientist but it's not like genius was a prerequisite for short term success in Irish property development.

she was the brains behind "D4 stores"

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gr ... 62264.html
Image

Quote:
Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Independent as the doors of her new low-cost supermarket venture opened for the first time last Friday morning, Gayle, wife of high-profile developer Sean Dunne, said she expects to see a steady stream of local residents pouring through the doors of D4 Stores, which is located in the former Jurys Ballsbridge Hotel (now known as the D4 Inn).

Clearly enthused by her first foray into the retail business, Gayle said: "Both a convenience store and an off-licence with good parking are badly needed in this area. There's also a real need for value for money. A lot of people in Ballsbridge have been wiped out financially like everywhere else in the country. There's no Aldi or Lidl here, but people want value for money in Ballsbridge as much as they do anywhere."


you can say that again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dunne ducks out of D4 and heads west
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17018
Location: To the right of the decimal place
...which was closed and converted back to meeting rooms as soon as Dunne lost control of the hotel. But the question should be, who sis the fitout of D4 Stores? I would be interested to know.

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com