Post subject: Mr. & Mrs. David Dalys turn at the NAMA counter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 am 
Nationalised

Nama offered deal to allow developer's wife to keep €7m - BARRY O'HALLORAN and RAY MANAGH -> http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... tml?via=mr

Quote:
State assets agency Nama was prepared to allow a developer’s wife to keep €7 million from €17 million in cash transferred to her by her husband in a deal it offered the couple during negotiations on the repayment of loans worth €457 million.
The High Court heard yesterday that developer David Daly, whose properties include the Louis Vuitton store on London’s Bond Street, transferred €80 million in assets, including €17 million in cash, to his wife Mary in 2009 for tax reasons.
Mr Daly and his family owe AIB €457 million on loans which have been transferred to Nama. The agency has appointed receivers to his British properties while the bank has taken control of his Irish assets.

there is more

State assets agency or should it be more accurately described as State liabilities agency.

NAMA no longer considering deal with Daly on transfers - Emmet Oliver -> http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 75702.html

Quote:
The Peart judgment said: "It is quite clear from the correspondence between NAMA and Mr Daly and his advisers that NAMA regarded it as fundamental to any consensus on a way forward that these assets would be transferred back by Mary Daly so that they would be available to NAMA."
"While there was some narrowing of the gap, for instance by NAMA agreeing to a transfer back of only €10m of the €17m cash, Mary Daly was not willing to transfer back all of the assets which NAMA desired.
"Mr Daly believes that this is the main reason why NAMA was unwilling to reach agreement with him."
However, NAMA has disagreed with this and described the cash issue as just one important issue.

there is more

Development land 'unsaleable' at present, NAMA staff told - Emmet Oliver -> http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 77267.html

Quote:
NAMA staff have been told to tell the agency's top borrowers there is no point in trying to sell development land because its "not currently saleable", a document seen by the Irish Independent shows.
Major developers are currently trying to pay down their debts, but the agency's staff have been told to make it clear that selling development land is a waste of time at this point of the property downturn.
The staff are told in the document: "Make practical recommendations regarding disposals, eg development land not currently saleable."

there is more

Post subject: Re: Mr. & Mrs. David Dalys turn at the NAMA counter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:07 pm 
Neo Landlord

This is a mad idea from Nama, of course Irish land is saleable. Isn't there approx 94 Billion Cash on Deposits belonging to the Irish people in Irish banks, of which our Banks are using as collateral for their existing debts. Using the Depositors of Ireland, to keep their existing part time show, on the road and only giving savers 1% per annum or less and mostly just holding the deposits at zero interest, just to make their balance sheets look good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

everything has a price, just because somebody isnt going to pay 1million for a 10 acre field in athlone doesnt mean they wont buy it it for 30grand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

I had heard David was out of NAMA and my mate who is renting one of his apartments in Ballsbridge got this.

Note the use of Alleged

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Property Magnate

maryocarol wrote:
This is a mad idea from Nama, of course Irish land is saleable. Isn't there approx 94 Billion Cash on Deposits belonging to the Irish people in Irish banks, of which our Banks are using as collateral for their existing debts. Using the Depositors of Ireland, to keep their existing part time show, on the road and only giving savers 1% per annum or less and mostly just holding the deposits at zero interest, just to make their balance sheets look good.

Could something like http://m.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/27/dutch-bankers-bonuses-axed-by-people-power?cat=business&type=article happen here in response? Bring the show to a halt?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:53 pm 
Too Big to Fail

slasher wrote:
I had heard David was out of NAMA and my mate who is renting one of his apartments in Ballsbridge got this.

Note the use of Alleged

That letter is the maddest thing I've seen in months.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

I personally know a developer who decided not to play ball with NAMA . It turned out to be a major error on his part as it completely ruined his life . Every contact he had disowned him. When he threatened his contacts with " when I am back on my feet , I will make it my business to destroy you " They actually sneered at him .

His business life and personal life are in ruins . It is really sad , but he has not stopped just yet as he is bringing the most weird case before the courts in that the State actually owe him money as they acted in bad faith .